Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Welcome, @rdrr and very good to see you here.

Unfortunately, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - that this moral monster's supporters would not attempt to rationalise.

To me, one of the most telling things about him is not just his malignant narcissism, his self-serving mendacity, but his malevolent cruelty, the baleful delight he takes in hurting, and humiliating, others; his supporters see this willingness to inflict pain as a strength, not a monstrous lack of empathy, and not something that should disqualify him - as a human being - from holding office.

Mr Trump is the kind of guy, who, if he were a gardener, would torture flowers for fun.

U

User.45

"Of course he played it down. If he told the truth, people would've panicked even more than they did. There would've been chaos in the streets, and the death toll would've been considerably higher than the 6000-9000 it is now. Love my president. Trump 2020."
"We are so lucky to have a president like him"
that's verbatim and came up in some other trumpster fire context

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This actually doesn't surprise me one bit. He is a narcissus. John Gruber of Daring Fireball summed it up quite nicely

No matter what evidence there is, and in this case Woodward has taped conversations, his minions will follow 45 off the cliff. I'm more convinced than ever that the GOP will pull out all the tricks to steal November's election because every day is another nail in his coffin. There's no way they would win fair and square.

Let the blame game begin! 😁

'Calls without us knowing:' Aides point fingers in wake of Woodward's latest book

...Furious he didn't speak with Bob Woodward for the first book he wrote on his presidency, President Donald Trump determined full participation with the follow-up would provide the best chance of securing a positive take on his rollicking tenure.
Yet instead of outmaneuvering the journalist famous for exposing Nixon's Watergate scandal, Trump appears to have become a victim of his own confidence. And instead of a glowing portrait of a successful presidency, Trump is facing another damaging account two months before the election.
The fallout has caused internal strife at the White House as aides assign blame for allowing the taped interviews to proceed. Fingers have been thrust at ex-press secretaries, longtime confidants and old friends.
...So confident was Trump he could generate a favorable depiction that he provided Woodward with his personal cellphone number, eager to speak with a man whose long record of interviewing his predecessors has not exactly produced flattering results.

Yes, this is a classic case of Trump shooting himself in the foot.

But I don’t know why WH staff would blame each other. You can’t make Trump do anything he doesn’t want to do. And you can’t stop him from doing something he does want to do.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
So Trump acknowledges that he downplayed it to avoid panic.

His SOP is to lie his way out of everything so I’m mildly surprised here. Yes, these interviews are recorded but he’s lied about many recorded statements.

Citizenzen

Power User
Reaction score
"Of course he played it down. If he told the truth, people would've panicked even more than they did. There would've been chaos in the streets, and the death toll would've been considerably higher than the 6000-9000 it is now. Love my president. Trump 2020."

But Obama said, “you can keep your old doctor,” ... which was largely true.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
118843196_10158454286209089_1483608655238242685_n.jpg

'Nuff Said!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
PS - the guy above is an absolute racist piece of garbage, as evidenced by his tweets. Only in Trump’s administration could this kind of person get a job.

Top Bottom
1 2