Trump aide Hope Hicks has Covid - Update Trump Tests Positive

...and she travels with Trump.

Top Trump aide Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus after traveling with president to debate

...Hicks, who has been known to spend a lot of time with Trump, had traveled with the president to the debate Tuesday night in Cleveland. She was seen not wearing a mask.

Trump, 74, himself rarely wears a mask and has mocked his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, 77, for often wearing face coverings.

The White House didn’t comment on reports that Hicks had tested positive, but a spokesman issued a statement about the administration’s Covid-19 protocols.

Seriously...he's been tempting fate for a long time now. I'm not hoping she gave it to him, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point either.

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m worried about this quote from Trump this weekend:
I learned it by really going to school. This is the real school. This isn’t the let’s-read-the-book school. And I get it, and I understand it, and it’s a very interesting thing, and I’m going to be letting you know about it.

When I read that, I hear, “Fauci hasn’t had Covid. I’ve had Covid. I now have more experience with it than he has. I know more than he does.”

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This is not The Onion:

You can preorder a $100 'Trump defeats COVID' commemorative coin at White House Gift Shop

The $100 “Trump defeats COVID” coins are for sale on the website of the White House Gift Shop, which is not affiliated with the White House.
The coin is part of a series designed by Anthony Giannini, chairman of the White House Gift Shop. He described the COVID-19 coin as the last in a series illustrating "President Trump's ascendance over and defeat of the deadly COVID pandemic virus."

Love the use of the word “ascendance”. Maybe Trump could do his next speech from the Mount of Olives.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This is not The Onion:

You can preorder a $100 'Trump defeats COVID' commemorative coin at White House Gift Shop

Love the use of the word “ascendance”. Maybe Trump could do his next speech from the Mount of Olives.

Wonderful. Meanwhile top US military leaders are quarantining, including chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, along with several of the Pentagon’s most senior uniformed leaders, are quarantining after being exposed to the coronavirus, a Defense Department official said on Tuesday.

...almost the entirety of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, including Gen. James C. McConville, the Army chief of staff, are quarantining after Adm. Charles Ray, the vice commandant of the Coast Guard, tested positive for coronavirus.

“We are aware that Vice Commandant Ray has tested positive for Covid-19 and that he was at the Pentagon last week for meetings with other senior military leaders,” Jonathan Hoffman, the Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement released by his office.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Holy hell, he was seriously having trouble breathing in that video, probably why he pulled off his mask. I know he's all jacked up on several drugs, but I think they just sort of "animated" him to put on this show, and he's still going to drop dead.

While Mr Trump cares little (actually, cares nothing) for the lives of others, those in his pay, in his staff, in his life, what this pathological liar and malevoevnt narcissist fails (completely) to understand is that those business elites (and indeed, the evangelicals) who support him, enable him, and prop him up, care nothing whatsoever for him personally.

Once his usefulness and utility to them - in facilitating their agenda - ends, they will not mourn his passing, irrespective of whether this takes a literal, or merely political, form.

lizkat

Reaction score
While Mr Trump cares little (actually, cares nothing) for the lives of others, those in his pay, in his staff, in his life, what this pathological liar and malevoevnt narcissist fails (completely) to understand is that those business elites (and indeed, the evangelicals) who support him, enable him, and prop him up, care nothing whatsoever for him personally.

Once his usefulness and utility to them - in facilitating their agenda - ends, they will not mourn his passing, irrespective of whether this takes a literal, or merely political, form.

That is exactly one of the risks McConnell takes in pushing the nomination of Barrett to occur before the elections. Many Republicans will vote in person on election day, not by mail. So if Barrett is confidently pitched by Mitch as a shoo-in by then, never mind if the floor vote has actually been taken, some of those evangelical farmers will sigh in relief and then throw an angry bird at Trump in the balloting.... over stuff like monumental covid-19 mismanagement and the godblasted trade wars that have put many American farmers into near unsustainable financial positions with erratic, inefficient or reduced market for their crops, and insufficient government response to their losses.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
120558068_3694890173856885_6604762321159543970_n.jpg

U

User.45

Hmm, i turns out that Sean Conley, personal physician to the president, is an Osteopath. Which means he is a whisker more qualified for that post than, say, Gwyneth Paltrow.
Nah. DOs and MDs have the same postgraduate training (at least most), so the differences are very minimal to none. Usually it is easier to get into a DO school, but this doesn't tell you much about the abilities of a DO. I'd say there are more differences between the training of a foreign MD and a US MD than a DO and a US MD.

lizkat

Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Stephen Miller's wife already had covid-19 over the summer, she works for Pence. Guess we'll find out whether immunity lasts awhile... but I sure hope Kamala Harris won the debate commitee wrangle over putting up plexiglass dividers around Pence too, not just her. Pence didn't want them.
Just so I grasp this, the head of the covid task force is against the plexiglass dividers? The HEAD of the covid task force? 😖

Scorched Earth sounds more & more like a necessity, with this administration.

Just saw that 'head' has given up his objections... How big of him.

What an asshole!

Top Bottom
1 2