Trump aide Hope Hicks has Covid - Update Trump Tests Positive

...and she travels with Trump.

Top Trump aide Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus after traveling with president to debate

...Hicks, who has been known to spend a lot of time with Trump, had traveled with the president to the debate Tuesday night in Cleveland. She was seen not wearing a mask.

Trump, 74, himself rarely wears a mask and has mocked his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, 77, for often wearing face coverings.

The White House didn’t comment on reports that Hicks had tested positive, but a spokesman issued a statement about the administration’s Covid-19 protocols.

Seriously...he's been tempting fate for a long time now. I'm not hoping she gave it to him, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point either.

Last edited:

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
i hope he has a real rough time.
i hope he has to go undergo life support in hospital.
i hope he has lingering complications.
i hope that evangelicals view this as god's punishment.
i hope all around him that he gave it to recover quickly.

i hope that he takes hydroxy for it.

i hope he stayed clear of Biden at the debate.

He might.
He could.
He may.
They won't.
They might.

I expect him to claim he did if he recovers.

They probably shook hands at some point that night.

Listen, people. No matter what you think of Trump, his testing positive for Covid is anything but good news. I don't think you all realize just how rife with peril our current situation is, how close to the edge we're teetering. If Trump ends up incapacitated, or, god forbid, dies, it could be the one thing that tips us over completely.

This is objectively bad news.

chagla

Reaction score
If it's true, I wish him (and everyone else on earth who caught it) a speedy recovery. Now, remember, republicans are quite shrewd, they've got their dirty playbooks. I don't see democrats stooping so low but republican motto is win at any cost. So, could this really be a "fake news" to avoid further debates, create a political crisis to delay election, cling on to power one way or another?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Thank you, @ericgtr12, for updating the thread title.

...They probably shook hands at some point that night.

Listen, people. No matter what you think of Trump, his testing positive for Covid is anything but good news. I don't think you all realize just how rife with peril our current situation is, how close to the edge we're teetering. If Trump ends up incapacitated, or, god forbid, dies, it could be the one thing that tips us over completely.

This is objectively bad news.

According to various news sites, they didn't shake hands...although I now worry for Biden since they were standing on that stage for 90 minutes together. Especially with Trump shouting half the time.

I'm not worried--yet--about his followers having conspiracy theories or an uprising, although I do think based on statistics I've seen there's a 1 in 3 chance Trump dies. Ironically if Trump is seriously incapacitated they will have to finally invoke the 25th amendment, making Pence "temporary president".

There are so many ways this could go, election-wise. On the surface it seems like it would help Biden's chances, but on the other hand if Biden voters get lazy about those chances and start staying home then of course we get the opposite and Pence could potentially be president for the next four years.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is quite a list of people who’ve recently traveled with Hicks.

E2200165-4EAA-494E-B9E7-CAC2620734FF.jpeg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, here's what we should be looking for:

If Trump was first exposed to the virus on Wednesday, it is still very early for him to begin exhibiting symptoms. Most people who are symptomatic begin to feel sick within 11 and a half days, according to the CDC. In rare cases it can take even longer.

For the 60% of people infected who do develop symptoms, they can experience fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny nose, nausea or vomiting and diarrhea.
Because of his age and obesity, Trump is in two very high-risk groups for developing severe COVID-19 disease, hospitalization and death.

At 74, the president is five times more likely to be hospitalized and 90 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than someone between the ages of 18 and 29, according to the CDC.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

View attachment 615
Not to be "THAT guy", but...

That looks awfully like a 'wish list' for America, covid wise.

Also, if 45 has it, does that mean China got the president, once again showing how they keep getting over on him?

Or NOW that he has it, it's covid - 19 a dangerous virus ANYONE can get?

U

User.45

THese numbers are largely meaningless, because these stats are a moving target.

Trump is 74, is obese, and I've never seen anybody with his body habitus without hypertension at that age.
In contrast we now have dexamethasone, remdesivir, he might even get some sexy convalescent plasma, and lot of TLC.
He's not going to be able to do a debate, but he'll be fine otherwise. I just hope this will lead to some kind of a Johnsonian paradigm shift for him.

U

User.45

View attachment 615
Given the warm and loving relationship between Melania and Trump, if Melania got it there are gonna be a good number of people going down on with COVID on this list. I'd be shocked if McEnany were negative.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I saw AG posted:

Inevitably people will get hysteric since he’s overweight and 73 so he might die... that’s very unlikely. His calculated risk based on what I know of his health conditions, BMI (which is just boardering on overweight to obese) [...]

If he's 6'-3" and 240-ish lbs I must be 170 ... seriously, I've seen quite a few pics of people in the 6-2/6-3 at 240-250 area from various workout/health/progress sites (not to mention people I know personally), and he's at least 260, or he's about 6'-0.

I think his weight is a touch more concerning, I mean, it's not like 10-15 lbs is some kind of live / die tipping point.

U

User.45

I saw AG posted:

If he's 6'-3" and 240-ish lbs I must be 170 ... seriously, I've seen quite a few pics of people in the 6-2/6-3 at 240-250 area from various workout/health/progress sites (not to mention people I know personally), and he's at least 260, or he's about 6'-0.

I think his weight is a touch more concerning, I mean, it's not like 10-15 lbs is some kind of live / die tipping point.
He's obese. Fair and rotund.

I'm 6-3, 215 LBS and he's at least 2x my width.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was pleased to hear that Hicks is symptomatic. I know that sounds rough, but they don’t take it seriously otherwise. If it’s less than a flu, big deal if everyone gets it.

I don’t believe Trump has it. Of course, if he does it definitely proves that hydroxychloriquine does not work as a prophylactic.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Now the question is is he lying about it?

I look at these two ways:

Likelihood of him contracting it

- moderately high risk
- rarely wears mask
- attends densely populated rallies, NCs, engages with people also not wearing masks
- has various staffers/aides who have contracted it, moving in/around/through the WH, on AFOne

vs.

His campaign status

- crashing and burning
- debate tactic backfired, likely does not want to attend another
- could provide a way for his frail ego to lose, i.e., due to something out of his control / aka China
- could provide a way to postpone the election

So while I think it's not that unlikely he might've contracted it, I think there's also - at least in trump-logic - reasons he would lie about it

Hell, maybe it's both, i.e., he really does have it, and he's glad is gives him an excuse (even more nutty, maybe he's been reckless lately on purpose ... o_O )

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Speaking of my post above, I saw an MR nutter actually said, "I hope he dies so I don't have to vote for him". Wow, you hate him that much, but still won't go Dem, or at the very least, Indie? That's INSANE.

Oh yeah, also, f*** the right wing pearl clutchers on MR who were bagging on Hilarybeing ill, posting "pedo" memes about Biden, who are now "disgusted" at the comments about trump.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I saw AG posted:

Aren't we also over looking the suspicions that he had some kind of mini strokes, which account for all the strange recent body tics people keep observing? Doesn't that make him a greater health risk?

U

User.45

I was pleased to hear that Hicks is symptomatic. I know that sounds rough, but they don’t take it seriously otherwise. If it’s less than a flu, big deal if everyone gets it.

I don’t believe Trump has it. Of course, if he does it definitely proves that hydroxychloriquine does not work as a prophylactic.
THere's no reason for him to pretend having it. Unless he knows he's going to lose and this is already part of saving face. Unlikely.

Speaking of my post above, I saw an MR nutter actually said, "I hope he dies so I don't have to vote for him". Wow, you hate him that much, but still won't go Dem, or at the very least, Indie? That's INSANE.

Oh yeah, also, f*** the right wing pearl clutchers on MR who were bagging on Hilarybeing ill, posting "pedo" memes about Biden, who are now "disgusted" at the comments about trump.
Tshrimp is now lecturing people on being humane and civil:D
2020, what a fucked up year you are!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
THere's no reason for him to pretend having it. Unless he knows he's going to lose and this is already part of saving face. Unlikely.

Tshrimp is now lecturing people on being humane and civil:D
2020, what a fucked up year you are!
The 'compassionate conservative' always comes out of that crowd, if they feel THEY aren't getting that compassion.

Otherwise it's doubling down on 'tough love', and "they knew what they were getting into".

And the favorite for the pseudo tough guys, "win stupid prizes for playing stupid games".

Top Bottom
1 2