Trump and Russia

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Aug 2020 Thread- Only after 4 years of damage 😌

Trump’s 2016 campaign chair was a ‘grave counterintelligence threat,’ had repeated contact with Russian intelligence, Senate panel finds

President Trump’s 2016 campaign chairman posed a “grave counterintelligence threat” due to his interaction with people close to the Kremlin, according to a bipartisan Senate report released Tuesday that also found extensive contacts between key campaign advisers and officials affiliated with Moscow’s government and intelligence services.

The Senate Intelligence Committee report states that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort worked with a Russian intelligence officer “on narratives that sought to undermine evidence that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election,” including the idea that Ukrainian election interference was of greater concern.

The report states that a Russian attorney who met with Manafort, the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., and his son-in-law Jared Kushner at Trump Tower in 2016 had “significant connections” to the Kremlin. The information she offered to them was also “part of a broader influence operation targeting the United States that was coordinated, at least in part with elements of the Russian government,” the report states.

Mirror thread located at MacRumors

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a friend who fully believes 9/11 was executed by the US government. I’ll ask you the same question about your Trump/Russia collusion story that I asked him about 9/11. Ok, and what are we going to do about it? At some point it becomes nothing more than a smug certainty victory than any kind of meaningful change or prosecution. But in this case a change has been made in the form of the Senate passing a bill that candidates no longer have to disclose foreign assistance. So there. Something was done about it.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a friend who fully believes 9/11 was executed by the US government. I’ll ask you the same question about your Trump/Russia collusion story that I asked him about 9/11. Ok, and what are we going to do about it? At some point it becomes nothing more than a smug certainty victory than any kind of meaningful change or prosecution. But in this case a change has been made in the form of the Senate passing a bill that candidates no longer have to disclose foreign assistance. So there. Something was done about it.
You mean the Senate covered for The Head Delinquent? I predict the chickens will be coming home to roost for the GOP.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I have been waiting 8 years for this “tough guy” Trump to offer a single forceful condemnation of Putin and Russia. Still waiting. Watching flag-waving rednecks who get outraged if someone kneels for the anthem suddenly giving Putin a reach around just because their cult leader thinks he’s a cool guy is something to behold.

In the wake of 9/11, Fox News wouldn’t let you sneeze without being called un-American. If you even tried to go over the military budget instead of instantly increasing it by 10% with no thought given, you were un-American. Now, you can take Putin and Russia’s side and threaten generals with death and it’s business as usual.

Republicans have left the planet and it’s going to take an Apollo 13 style rescue to get them to come back.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We all know Donny was/is a Russian asset… this article is several years old, but I had not seen it. Someone posted it on Mastodon.

I wouldn’t be too shocked if he was/is. But… I’d need to see some serious corroboration, preferably in the form of an indictment, to be totally on-board with that claim.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be too shocked if he was/is. But… I’d need to see some serious corroboration, preferably in the form of an indictment, to be totally on-board with that claim.
What I witnessed over the period of his Presidency convinced me. Primary was when he ignored US intelligence services and chose to believe Vlad regarding interference in his election. “He told me definitely did not do it.” 😳 He has always praised strong men dictators and desperately wanted a Trump Tower Moscow. And he actively undermined our relationship with NATO and with Ukraine.

Now it might be argued that he’s such a sociopath that he only has momentary alliances, but in his quest to dismantle the USA and build the Empire of Donny, he has never, ever criticized Russia and the War Criminal Putin. Several of his disgraced team, Flynn, Manafort, and Carter Page had ties to Russia, which is unheard of in any past Administration. Russian roaches were crawling all over him. It’s conjecture, but he‘s got a room full of stolen classified documents, and not just for his health or fond memories. 🤬

This is while he issues death threats to a respected Joint Chief of Staff who did not buy into his corruption, and Marshall law scheme. And if he thought Russia could help him seize power in the US, he would gladly use them, partners of convenience. 🤔

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It makes you wonder, Tailgunner Joe was a lying bastard, but what he was yelling about, 70+ years ago, is an actual problem we have now ... that the Rs, this time, are denying.
The people calling themselves Republicans are all about cheat to win and are not Republicans, they're fascists of convenience. They minimized the magnitude of Trump‘s Mar a Lago Classified documents he was showing everyone. Jan 6 was a protest not sedition. Silence about Trump’s NYC fraud. Denying Minorities their right to vote, is patriotic if you consider “in the end, we get to hold power”. 🤔 There’s no better description for Broken Bad. If Trump had had the JCS onboard with his sedition, it would have been a coup and martial law. 🤬

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2