Trump asks judge to recuse himself in suit against H. Clinton

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And as with all his other suits, it doesn’t appear he has a leg to stand on.

Don’t you find it interesting/amusing/horrifying that he will ask for this judge’s recusal based on the possibility that he has/had a relationship with the former president and former First Lady, but is fine with Clarence Thomas.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
You going to expand on that or.......

I represented a company that won a patent lawsuit. Woman who owned the company that had sued my client alleged that I conspired with a bunch of people, including her own attorneys, to somehow violate her civil rights and prevent her from winning. Also something about a rock thrown through her window. (I was on the opposite coast at all times, so wasn’t me). She was either asking for $500 million or $60 million depending on which document you looked at.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
alleged that I conspired with a bunch of people, including her own attorneys, to somehow violate her civil rights and prevent her from winning

Seems like there are a lot of frivolous/ridiculous filings in our courts. I wonder if there is a practical way to rein that BS in, by, say, imposing some sort of automatic semi-punitive compensation upon the plaintiff for wasting the court's time.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems like there are a lot of frivolous/ridiculous filings in our courts. I wonder if there is a practical way to rein that BS in, by, say, imposing some sort of automatic semi-punitive compensation upon the plaintiff for wasting the court's time.
I don’t think there really are that many. Lawyers have an ethical duty not to file frivolous actions, and most don’t do it. The problem in this case is the lady filed the lawsuit without a lawyer. (Which was another problem for her - corporations aren’t allowed to do that)

Top Bottom
1 2