Trump Calls On Massive Protests If Prosecutors Go After Him And Offers Pardons To Jan. 6ers

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, we didn't get "Freedom Convoys" at the Super Bowl. Perhaps our former 2X impeached president will get his followers to storm NYC as a makeup?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1493934418955808770/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1493939817318690820/

Good to know that last part there. I too was initially under the impression that he could follow the routine of the rest of his enablers and relatively nothing will happen.

Hopefully, all these delays means Trump is about to get served with an avalanche that he can't just tie up in court for the next decade. As far as potential violent reactions from his supporters, I'd say better this than what could potentially happen if he returns to power.

But I'm also not convinced in this situation that cutting off the head of the snake is going to cause the body to wither and die. What Trump unleashed is still out there. Those people aren't going to just return to their miserable existence just because he's out of the equation. Depending on where you live I'd expect a lot of KKK at their peak type activity and they will cast their target net a lot wider.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Good to know that last part there. I too was initially under the impression that he could follow the routine of the rest of his enablers and relatively nothing will happen.

Hopefully, all these delays means Trump is about to get served with an avalanche that he can't just tie up in court for the next decade. As far as potential violent reactions from his supporters, I'd say better this than what could potentially happen if he returns to power.

But I'm also not convinced in this situation that cutting off the head of the snake is going to cause the body to wither and die. What Trump unleashed is still out there. Those people aren't going to just return to their miserable existence just because he's out of the equation. Depending on where you live I'd expect a lot of KKK at their peak type activity and they will cast their target net a lot wider.
I think that's going beyond what's intended.

The concern is to go after someone who's been doing illegal shit in the city for decades, and their possible final accounting.

Anything about what's come after since they became president, is for others to deal with.

One thing at a time. If this goes through.

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
But I'm also not convinced in this situation that cutting off the head of the snake is going to cause the body to wither and die.
The most hopeful response to Trump in his entirety and the quoted situation is prosecution and conviction of all wrongdoers because of the primacy of Rule of Law to the health of any democracy. The south got reconstruction to stop (with its prosecutions and convictions of KKK members) ultimately because of the presidential election of 1876. The Radical Republicans failed to sustain their power and it takes sustained political power to beat the authoritarians. I'd hope that measures can be set in place to stop this from happening again.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The most hopeful response to Trump in his entirety and the quoted situation is prosecution and conviction of all wrongdoers because of the primacy of Rule of Law to the health of any democracy. The south got reconstruction to stop (with its prosecutions and convictions of KKK members) ultimately because of the presidential election of 1876. The Radical Republicans failed to sustain their power and it takes sustained political power to beat the authoritarians. I'd hope that measures can be set in place to stop this from happening again.

The overarching problem is economic and the majority of people know the real causes, regardless of political leanings. This isn’t the 1800’s (or even 1900’s) where knowledge can be easily hidden. Until that gets addressed then the extreme elements aren’t going away anytime soon.

People need to be educated on reality, but it’s a conflict of interest with our current government to do that. Sure, they can chip away at social issues, but corruption? They act like they don’t even know what that means or that it plays a major part in politics. They’d be more than happy to battle over racism for the next 100 years. That doesn’t affect their wallet while most everybody else’s wallet gets thinner.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Basically “Yes, I murdered that person. But there are thousands of unsolved murders and I shouldn’t be convicted of murder while those other murders remain unsolved. This brings me to Democrats being weak on crime. All resources aimed at me should be aimed at them. Having said that, that murder I committed that they solved isn't an actual crime which, again, they are weak on.”

Last edited:

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
The overarching problem is economic and the majority of people know the real causes, regardless of political leanings. This isn’t the 1800’s (or even 1900’s) where knowledge can be easily hidden. Until that gets addressed then the extreme elements aren’t going away anytime soon.

People need to be educated on reality, but it’s a conflict of interest with our current government to do that. Sure, they can chip away at social issues, but corruption? They act like they don’t even know what that means or that it plays a major part in politics. They’d be more than happy to battle over racism for the next 100 years. That doesn’t affect their wallet while most everybody else’s wallet gets thinner.
Thank you for reminding me that the overarching problem is economic. Should have mentioned that.

"current government" is the federal and state governments, or the power that the 1% has to control everyone?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me that the overarching problem is economic. Should have mentioned that.

"current government" is the federal and state governments, or the power that the 1% has to control everyone?

The power of the 1%, the same power that doesn't allow the government to tell people the truth and act like they don't know what is obvious to almost everybody....including most in government.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Wonder if the feds are measuring for new drapes at Trump's Bedminster, NJ golfing facility's clubhouse. Maybe Trump would like to cut a deal, turn the place out for a new 1%-level federal lockup, in exchange for Trump taking an 18-month turn "inside" as the first elite inmate.

When he got out there'd be just about enough time to pitch his memoir of time spent there (and a peek at the visitor' logs), then ramp up his next run for the White House, assuming anyone still remembered his name and once-upon-a-time credentials with the GOP.

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
Wonder if the feds are measuring for new drapes at Trump's Bedminster, NJ golfing facility's clubhouse. Maybe Trump would like to cut a deal, turn the place out for a new 1%-level federal lockup, in exchange for Trump taking an 18-month turn "inside" as the first elite inmate.

When he got out there'd be just about enough time to pitch his memoir of time spent there (and a peek at the visitor' logs), then ramp up his next run for the White House, assuming anyone still remembered his name and once-upon-a-time credentials with the GOP.
The Supermax prison out at Florence, CO would be better, at least for a few years. Trump's done that much damage to deserve it. Never going to happen, though.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Supermax prison out at Florence, CO would be better, at least for a few years. Trump's done that much damage to deserve it. Never going to happen, though.

He unleashed an oil spill of paranoid unhinged people across the entire country. Ironically the worst thing you could do to him is lock him up in a compound with these same people for the rest of his life.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Durham separated himself from the desperate “Hillary” news, and now the house oversight committee has launched an investigation into Trump’s handling of classified material. This dude broke all rules at a breakneck pace. I say rules because a law isn’t a law if it can be broken and gotten away with as easily as it appears to be for a president or former president.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This is getting pretty interesting..

In a 112-page ruling issued Friday afternoon, U.S. District Judge Amit Mehta said three damages-seeking lawsuits against Trump can move forward because there is clear evidence to suggest that Trump instructed “Stop the Steal” rally-goers to march on Capitol, all the while knowing they would likely engage in violence.

While making it clear that he understands “deny[ing] a President immunity from civil damages is no small step,” Mehta wrote that “the alleged facts of this case are without precedent, and the court believes that its decision is consistent with the purposes behind such immunity.” Mehta added that while Trump‘s lawyers insist he was just performing his role as president when he incited a riot that left five people dead, Trump’s actions surrounding January 6 had nothing to do with “his duties of faithfully executing the laws, conducting foreign affairs, commanding the armed forces, or managing the Executive Branch,” but instead “entirely concern[ed] his efforts to remain in office for a second term.” In other words, trying to steal an election does not, in fact, fall under the POTUS’s job description, so you can take your immunity claims back to Mar-a-Lago and flush them down whichever toilet isn’t currently clogged with classified documents.

According to Politico, Trump does not have the immediate right to appeal the decision but can ask the judge for permission, which he undoubtedly will in an extremely all-caps fashion.

Top Bottom
1 2