Trump Claims Biden Will Cancel Christmas - Despite Inauguration Being in January

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Trump's cancelling more than just Christmas for American farmworkers.

The USDA under its swell chief Sonny Perdue has cancelled its semiannual Agricultural Labor Survey, which measures farmworker pay, claiming the data can be collected in some other way. The United Farm Workers have sued to reinstate the survey, which has been run twice a year for the past hundred years.

The Farm Labor Survey has long been a vital resource for the country's agricultural sector. Among other uses, the Department of Labor uses data from the survey to set the federal Adverse Effect Wage Rate, or AEWR, which determines the minimum wage that seasonal farmworkers on temporary visas must be paid. Without the survey, wage rates for both foreign and domestic farmworkers would revert to the state or federal minimum wage.

The Trump administration's suspension of the survey could lead to reduced pay for both domestic and foreign agricultural workers, according to the labor union's lawsuit. Without the survey data needed to set fair wages, field laborers would see their pay cut by roughly 5% in California, 27% in Oregon, and 46% in Idaho, according to the lawsuit.

How Trump stands to benefit personally if the survey remains cancelled:
In 2019, Trump Vineyard Estates LLC applied to hire 23 seasonal workers for its Virginia wineries through the Department of Labor's H-2A visa program. The department approved the request. The current wage rate for farmworkers in Virginia is $12.67 per hour. After the policy change, Virginia farmworkers' pay rate would revert to the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour — amounting to a 42% pay cut.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Trump's cancelling more than just Christmas for American farmworkers.

The USDA under its swell chief Sonny Perdue has cancelled its semiannual Agricultural Labor Survey, which measures farmworker pay, claiming the data can be collected in some other way. The United Farm Workers have sued to reinstate the survey, which has been run twice a year for the past hundred years.

How Trump stands to benefit personally if the survey remains cancelled:
That is a TFG post if I have ever seen one! 🤬

lizkat

Reaction score

Yeah I could have skipped a search and posted it in that thread for sure. Ya know I've always said I don't hate anyone, was raised not to hate anyone, but I have to say I may just about have gone through that barrier in 2020 regarding Donald Trump... and some of his lackeys as well. I have to remind myself it's exhausting to hate someone and simpler to roll eyes, say T F G and move on.

So on to dinner prep. Sublimating rage by stir frying some veggies...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

What does TFG mean?

When seeking enlightenment, (I forgot to write it out, and, not knowing what it meant, got the letter order wrong), hence, I erroneously typed in TGF in urban slang and it informed me that this meant "thank God for."

I've done enough homework for tonight, and will seek elucidation here, instead.

lizkat

Reaction score
What does TFG mean?

When seeking enlightenment, (I forgot to write it out, and, not knowing what it meant, got the letter order wrong), hence, I erroneously typed in TGF in urban slang and it informed me that this meant "thank God for."

I've done enough homework for tonight, and will seek elucidation here, instead.

A thread in here is called "TF Guy! You know what it means"

{and it means "this f'g guy" so prolly we're not TGF THAT F G }

Other rogues may qualify, of course. The thread in question has seemed to welcome assorted nominees.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
What I don’t get is why people don’t just unionize. Instead, many workers buy the propaganda of the right wing that unions are somehow bad for America. Of course, they love the police and fire unions.... ????? People need to wake up and smell the coffee. You don‘t need the government to improve things at your job. You can unionize and make it happen.

lizkat

Reaction score
What I don’t get is why people don’t just unionize. Instead, many workers buy the propaganda of the right wing that unions are somehow bad for America. Of course, they love the police and fire unions.... ????? People need to wake up and smell the coffee. You don‘t need the government to improve things at your job. You can unionize and make it happen.

Union busting.... forty years of brainwashing and selective focus on some bad apples. Time to turn it around.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Agree absolutely.

Juice bars, fashionable pseudo-hippie chairs, casual dress code, nice coffee (and I love my coffee) are no substitute for labour rights and reasonable pay.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Oh I dunno. Almost all the threads here refer to TFG. Without TFG we’d have no one to talk about. So TGF TFG!

So, I am to take it that there is such a thing as "the TFG" which is differentiated in everyday (US) speech (and writing) - and is disconcertingly relevant and topical, a kind of living through a contemporary horrible history vibe - I gather - from "a TFG"?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So, I am to take it that there is such a thing as "the TFG" which is differentiated in everyday (US) speech (and writing) - and is disconcertingly relevant and topical, a kind of living through a contemporary horrible history vibe - I gather - from "a TFG"?
Wait, what?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Okay: @lizkat's explanation (and I genuinely did not know the meaning of this acronym so thank you), is the seventh (yes, despite having attended to my homework, I did feel the need to look it up despite having transposed - hilariously - the letters earlier, eyesight etc stuff), the seventh explanation given by some sort of dictionary for online slang (the dictionary offered six, and @lizkat a more credible explanation) for this acronym.

Top Bottom
1 2