Trump demands names of the congressional Republicans who said they recognize Biden as winner

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Anyone want to take bets that come January 6, there are plenty of members of both the House and Senate that refuse to ratify the Electoral College’s vote?

McConnell and other senior leadership of Republicans in the Senate are having a hard time on this issue even now. They know that refusing to ratify EV votes will be something the GOP will HAVE to decline to do --because there's no legal or constitutional reason for the refusal-- so they want to nip such ideas in the bud right now, but only because they don't have to be seen as "going against Trump". The depth of their craven fear of an unworthy collection of voters is palpable and disgusting.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1338935789841952769/

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
McConnell and other senior leadership of Republicans in the Senate are having a hard time on this issue even now. They know that refusing to ratify EV votes will be something the GOP will HAVE to decline to do --because there's no legal or constitutional reason for the refusal-- so they want to nip such ideas in the bud right now, but only because they don't have to be seen as "going against Trump". The depth of their craven fear of an unworthy collection of voters is palpable and disgusting.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1338935789841952769/

I like that first comment. To Trump's supporters, they're either anti-Trump or the deep state. This amuses me immensely.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yesterday, MSNBC showed a clip of the vote from 2017 when several House members refused to accept Trump’s election. (I didn’t know that had happened.) As Vice-President, it was Joe Biden who explained that it was a pointless exercise and that he would not accept their negative votes.

Think Pence can be half the man Biden was?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
These guys are finally connecting with the folly of having decided they could mount that roaring tiger of Trump rally types back in 2016 and harness their energy... to get an unsavvy, malleable guy into the WH to sign off on a big chunk of their agenda while still possible to elect a "Republican" president. As predicted, now the tiger wants to eat them for lunch because that's what a tiger does when you quit feeding it.

Top Bottom
1 2