Trump denies 'mini-strokes' sent him to Walter Reed

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Anyone wondering about the Walter Reed trips...

From TheHill
Trump on Tuesday denied that he made an emergency visit to the hospital last year after suffering "a series of mini-strokes" after a new book claimed that Vice President Pence was on standby in the event Trump was incapacitated.

The president's denial raised eyebrows, as the book from New York Times correspondent Michael Schmidt did not specifically state that Trump had suffered from a series of small strokes.

"It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate — FAKE NEWS," Trump tweeted, before insinuating that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden may have dealt with health issues.

This, from the same man who emphatically denied he paid off Stormy Daniels.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1300811758051954695/

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have always believed he’s suffered a series of TIAs and possibly a larger stroke. It would account for his gait, balance, and speech.
He seems to have trouble with stairs and inclines, seemingly feeble and not all there. His age has a lot to do with it I'm sure but Biden is spry in comparison.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I have been pleasantly surprised by Biden. I expected him to sound merely passable, but he sounds a lot more together than Donald. It's nice to see after all the right wing trolls at MR kept assuring us that Biden couldn't remember his own name.

The fact that Trump suggests these mini-strokes actually happened to Biden + Trump being a master of projection makes me think it may be true that Donald had some TIAs.

As an aside, his use of phrases like "your favorite President, me" is so ridiculous.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I always wondered what is the right balance between disclosing presidential health and keeping it private.
Arguably, it played a role in Hillary's loss (at least IMO). She fainted and they ran it over and over again, along with all of her hacking from a pneumonia she had at the time. I think it hurts a candidate to have a weak appearance, have to wonder what role that heart attack played in Bernie's downfall as well.

All I know is that I'm in my 50s and already feel the signs of aging, these candidates are physically active all the way up to the election and they're all in their 70s. I don't know how they do it.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
All I know is that I'm in my 50s and already feel the signs of aging, these candidates are physically active all the way up to the election and they're all in their 70s. I don't know how they do it.

Probably lots of cocaine, blood transfusions, a couple of pacts with the devil of their choice, and I assume human sacrifices.

What truly gets me is the sleep. They sleep just a few hours a day, and yet they are all active. This is true even for many CEO’s etc. I wake up every morning feeling as if I were just coming out of a long coma.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I don't think many thought of it before, but I'm also wondering if candidates for president should be required to undergo a psychological evaluation, with the results disclosed to the voters. Nothing too detailed. More of a lunatic screening process.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I don't think many thought of it before, but I'm also wondering if candidates for president should be required to undergo a psychological evaluation, with the results disclosed to the voters. Nothing too detailed. More of a lunatic screening process.

Hard question honestly, made more difficult by the fact that psychology ain’t a hard science.

The thing is that - in pure theory - the only thing that should matter is the vote casting and counting process, not other stuff.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

This is probably a good discussion to start about presidential age limits - really any role - including the SC, and a slightly related discussion about terms lengths. :geek:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
What truly gets me is the sleep. They sleep just a few hours a day, and yet they are all active. This is true even for many CEO’s etc. I wake up every morning feeling as if I were just coming out of a long coma.

The sleep, yeah... my over-optimistic watchword while working 80-hour weeks in my 30s and 40s was that you can get away without sleeping as long as you eat, and you can skip eating as long as you get some sleep. So burning both ends of that set of candles occasionally did get me into zombie states on weekends. I started paying a lot more attention around age 55.

I didn't feel really feel the effect of rule-breaking re food and sleep until I hit the 75 mark, but since then yeah I have to work much harder to try to stay fit. I'm more conscious of really needing to sleep regular hours, and eat properly at reasonable intervals, rather than grab something on the run when I realize I left breakfast or lunch in the rear view nine hours ago.

I still stay up too late sometimes, usually weekends, but I pay for it.

Today for instance I've had in mind all day that it's Saturday. I want it to be Saturday, and that's because I stayed up too late reading on Sunday... and Monday was a hassle getting everything done that I needed to do. Today launched early, as is my habit, and was simpler after a good night's sleep, but now I guess I feel like I must deserve a weekend, and my brain is saying hey right, et voila it's Saturday! Duh. I'm going to bed at 10pm sharp tonight and with any luck I'll actually believe it's Wednesday when I wake up.

But all this kind of stuff is why I am not thrilled that our choices of President once again are of people who are senior citizens. I think in their 70s and on, people should probably be counselors to a US President rather than try to fill that top slot. It's practically a killer job if it's done properly, even by a younger person. The job certainly aged Obama and he was in pretty darn good shape.

Still we must choose between the candidates on tap, which to me in 2020 means that the "old white guy" I will vote for is Biden. I think he's in much better shape than Trump, but past that I've certainly not been impressed by Trump's scandal-ridden, revolving choices of agency managers and inner circle "Trump whisperers".

My other problem with Trump is that he's just lazy and spends too much damn time watching television. Not a recipe for good health. That's ok for an old person if that's how they choose to spend their retirement, even if it shortens their life, but the thing is, Trump's not retired yet, so maybe we should suggest he make that transition.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I often wonder if one five or six year presidential term would be better than two four year terms.

Yeah, a (1st) 4 year term is about 2 years of effective time if you remove the initial ramp up and then second term campaigning.

lizkat

Reaction score
We probably wouldn't be wondering about this stuff right now if we'd just spent four years with a competent president at the helm. And imagine if we had another year or two years to go before we could even elect to show him the door. Arrgggh.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
We probably wouldn't be wondering about this stuff right now if we'd just spent four years with a competent president at the helm. And imagine if we had another year or two years to go before we could even elect to show him the door. Arrgggh.

I have been wondering this quite a while to be honest but as everybody here knows my first mission has to do with the First Lady/Gentleman Office... 😂 😂

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
I would much rather see a shorter election season. Give them two weeks to a month for campaigning and that's it, regardless of candidate or party the endless ads make tv unbearable.

I totally agree. Even the primaries, they should be split in 4 days, one or two weeks apart, 12/13 states per primary day. This would allow for targeted campaigning, while avoiding this awful waterfall of primary days.

lizkat

Reaction score
I always wondered what is the right balance between disclosing presidential health and keeping it private.

I get that in general but not when it comes to already being on the job. And the people around Trump are all hyperpartisan sycophants, so the chance of a 25th Amendment removal even temporarily would probably rest on his being absolutely unable to make a brief public appearance when it was expected.

So far Trump has managed to get through the paces. I've wondered a few times what it took to make that happen. Lotta risk taking for the GOP in case of some really unseemly public incident that reveals a health or medication issue, but Trump's party is beyond redemption now anyway (just my opinion). Weird how they'll chance a weird medical issue blowup of their hopes for another term, but will not likely chance asking Trump to step aside for Pence even if his mental or neurological impairment progresses.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Today for instance I've had in mind all day that it's Saturday. I want it to be Saturday, and that's because I stayed up too late reading on Sunday... and Monday was a hassle getting everything done that I needed to do. Today launched early, as is my habit, and was simpler after a good night's sleep, but now I guess I feel like I must deserve a weekend, and my brain is saying hey right, et voila it's Saturday! Duh. I'm going to bed at 10pm sharp tonight and with any luck I'll actually believe it's Wednesday when I wake up.

My husband now contends that there are 5 Fridays/week starting with Monfri, Tuefri, all the way to Friday. It’s a weird retirement thing.

I would much rather see a shorter election season. Give them two weeks to a month for campaigning and that's it, regardless of candidate or party the endless ads make tv unbearable.

YES!!!!!

Why can’t we do like they do in civilized countries and limit campaigning to the 6 weeks before the election?

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
Why can’t we do like they do in civilized countries and limit campaigning to the 6 weeks before the election?

As I mentioned in another thread, Americans can’t understand the decimal system, I think that a “normal” political campaign would make many heads explode.

Top Bottom
1 2