Trump & Deplorables Boycotting Goodyear... here we go.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1296092859226042368/

President Trump has just tweeted to his millions of followers to boycott an American company that employs thousands of Americans just because the company wants to enforce its dress code (prohibits wearing political clothing, including MAGA hats)

Prepare for the meltdown folks.
Are we going to start burning tires in retaliation?

I thought the radical right was AGAINST cancel culture. Didn’t they just criticize the left for boycotting GOYA beans 2 months ago? If I recall correctly the radical right defended the MyPillow guy for cuddling up to Trump and bitched about those who said they would never buy a pillow from that company..

Hypocrisy at its finest!

**Posting format was inspired by the crazy AppleOC (true deplorable.. incapable of seeing hypocrisy)

In all seriousness I do research on the tires for my vehicle and family’s vehicles. Sometimes the ones that the car came with are the best for that particular car. My RX-8 currently has some Toyo tires (I had Continental tires on my old RX-8 that was totaled.. got rear ended) Car came with Bridgestones from the factory, but many RX-8 forum users like Continental tires better. My dad’s old Mercedes S500 handles best with the Continental Extream contact tires so he sticks with those. If GoodYear’s were recommended I wouldn’t hesitate to try them, as long as I’m not spending obscene amounts of money per tire. This president and his die hard supporters (not all supporters, just the AppleOC kind) have to be the dumbest group of people around.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve said it before that the main reason he hasn’t started any major foreign wars is because he’s too busy waring with the American people. This is just the latest pathetic salvo. Plus I'm willing to bet there are more conservatives who work there than democrats.

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1296092859226042368/

President Trump has just tweeted to his millions of followers to boycott an American company that employs thousands of Americans just because the company wants to enforce its dress code (prohibits wearing political clothing, including MAGA hats)

Prepare for the meltdown folks.
Are we going to start burning tires in retaliation?

I thought the radical right was AGAINST cancel culture. Didn’t they just criticize the left for boycotting GOYA beans 2 months ago? If I recall correctly the radical right defended the MyPillow guy for cuddling up to Trump and bitched about those who said they would never buy a pillow from that company..

Hypocrisy at its finest!

**Posting format was inspired by the crazy AppleOC (true deplorable.. incapable of seeing hypocrisy)

In all seriousness I do research on the tires for my vehicle and family’s vehicles. Sometimes the ones that the car came with are the best for that particular car. My RX-8 currently has some Toyo tires (I had Continental tires on my old RX-8 that was totaled.. got rear ended) Car came with Bridgestones from the factory, but many RX-8 forum users like Continental tires better. My dad’s old Mercedes S500 handles best with the Continental Extream contact tires so he sticks with those. If GoodYear’s were recommended I wouldn’t hesitate to try them, as long as I’m not spending obscene amounts of money per tire. This president and his die hard supporters (not all supporters, just the AppleOC kind) have to be the dumbest group of people around.

1) I think that Goodyear's policy is idiotic. Their right, but idiotic.
2) I think that Trump posting about it is idiotic. His right, but idiotic.
3) I think that boycotting a company because of some political statement is idiotic. Your right, but idiotic.
4) I think that purchasing from a company because of some political statement is idiotic. Your right, but idiotic.
5) I wish that tires were less expensive.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The silly thing is Goodyear are OEM tires on hundreds of models, across all sorts of makes, including passenger cars/trucks, as well as lots of service, heavy industry, shipping, etc. So I guess don't get things shipped? Don't buy a new <some_brand> car? __dumb__.

Funny enough, another of this pet projects overlaps with this ...

1597870525195.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
re: tire prices

Yeah, a high summer performance tire like a Michelin Sport S4 / PS4 like in my rear size, 305/35-20 are ~$370/each (and of course, that might include tax and/or shipping __and__ M&B at a good shop with a Speedforce machine ...)

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
So, as anyone can tell you who's worked at such a place. Everyone loves a zero tolerance dress code policy, until it's something THEY like that isn't allowed.

Good to see things haven't changed.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I thought the radical right was AGAINST cancel culture.

You'd think, but they've boycotted just as many businesses as the liberals have over the last 3 years. Want proof? Just ask your average Trump voter what he thinks about Nike and Disney endorsing Kaepernick. Then, once the spittle stops flying, ask them about the NFL, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Macys, and...

...yeah, the list goes on.

federated-department-stores-photo-u15.jpg

ben-and-jerry_s-photo-u14.jpg

Attachments

• 1597873367860.png
    1597873367860.png
    157 KB · Views: 51

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I wonder if he’d feel the same way if, during a public White House tour, he walked past visitors wearing FUCK TRUMP t-shirts.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
You'd think, but they've boycotted just as many businesses as the liberals have over the last 3 years....

Well, Renz, it looks like the folks over at The Daily Beast we’re thinking along the same lines as you.

The Long List of Things President Trump Wants to Boycott

Oh, it’s a long but amusing read. I’ll just give you the brands, one of which you already mentioned:
  • Harley-Davidson
  • Apple
  • CNN
  • Megan Kelly’s Fox News show
  • Macy’s
  • Univision
  • Rolling Stone
  • HBO
  • Mexico
  • Italy
  • Glenfiddich Scotch Whiskey
  • Oreos
My all time favorite is the HBO one, where Trump’s widdle feelings got hurt because Bill Maher asked him to produce a birth certificate to prove that he’s not the progeny of a human being and an orangutan.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Well, Renz, it looks like the folks over at The Daily Beast we’re thinking along the same lines as you.

The Long List of Things President Trump Wants to Boycott

Oh, it’s a long but amusing read. I’ll just give you the brands, one of which you already mentioned:
  • Harley-Davidson
  • Apple
  • CNN
  • Megan Kelly’s Fox News show
  • Macy’s
  • Univision
  • Rolling Stone
  • HBO
  • Mexico
  • Italy
  • Glenfiddich Scotch Whiskey
  • Oreos
My all time favorite is the HBO one, where Trump’s widdle feelings got hurt because Bill Maher asked him to produce a birth certificate to prove that he’s not the progeny of a human being and an orangutan.
You could probably start a # with all that cancelling. No snowflakes! ( If you're a Boondocks fan, you know what that is based on ;) )

samcraig

Reaction score
Goodyear's policy is not about MAGA, it's about any political clothing/promotional items
Goodyear is an American company in Ohio - very interesting strategy in the middle of pandemic to boycott them given that most, if not all, of their competition is foreign
In his press conference today, Trump doubled down on this stupidity even saying he's considering changing the tires on WH's automobiles.

In short, Trump is once again crying victim because he's a whiny bitch. I can say that here, right?

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
1) I think that Goodyear's policy is idiotic. Their right, but idiotic.
2) I think that Trump posting about it is idiotic. His right, but idiotic.
3) I think that boycotting a company because of some political statement is idiotic. Your right, but idiotic.
4) I think that purchasing from a company because of some political statement is idiotic. Your right, but idiotic.
5) I wish that tires were less expensive.

Trump supporters have only themselves to blame. MAGA gear stopped being just a political slogan years ago, and is now the official gear for various mean-spirited jerks, idiots, and white supremacists.

So, too with Blue Lives Matter, which attacks the phrase Black Lives Matter with its own increasingly non-sensical statement. The fact that the same people who reject the statement "black lives matter," and respond "all lives matter," but don't get immediately up in arms about "blue lives matter" tells us a great deal. Either the statement is a problem, or it's not, and in either case, the response is dumb.

As for Trump, it's the usual framing that unless corporations slather him with adulation, it's cancel time. It's gross and wrong, and for him to constantly use the highest office in the land as a weapon for personal attacks.

That said, people shouldn't be engaging in political advocacy at work. Wear that crap on your own time.

I alternate between thinking that consumer advocacy is good, and that it's just another way for corporations to convince us that our consumerism is an important part of our personality. To quote, "you're not yer fucking khakis." So, just because you buy a Yeti cooler, or a Coleman is ultimately meaningless.

On the other hand, if a company is shady and awful, and another company is less shady, or even does some good—say like Patagonia—why not help the company that sues to protect national parks by buying their gear.

And, MAGA has become such a weird cult. At this point, if someone approaches me wearing a bunch of KAG/MAGA crap, I know that I'm going to get involved in some bullshit, and that person is a blabbering weirdo.

Tires are expensive, but on the other hand, all traction and braking power go through your tires. You can have a $1 million supercar, but end up sliding to your doom because you decided to cheap out on the part where the rubber literally meets the road.

I spent serious money on tires, but I also regularly do dumb things where traction, road-handling, and the ability to deflate to a low PSI without worrying about the sidewall shredding are all must-haves.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
...Trump doubled down on this stupidity even saying he's considering changing the tires on WH's automobiles....
Changing the tires?! Trump doesn’t know how to change a tire. He hasn’t even figured out that cars have other gears besides Reverse.

Top Bottom
1 2