Trump Evictions (Lincoln Project)

yaxomoxay

Emperor
Reaction score
An attack on the working poor and disenfranchised. Like father, like son.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1293138989327802368/

hmmm... don't like the concept of this criticism.
THIS is exactly why we have Congress. Do we really need the Executive branch to be involved this much, 6 months after the emergency started? The bottom line is that this is a spending issue, and I would expect Congress to be active and proactive on this.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
THIS is exactly why we have Congress. Do we really need the Executive branch to be involved this much, 6 months after the emergency started? The bottom line is that this is a spending issue, and I would expect Congress to be active and proactive on this.

Stop it. You’re supposed to be the conservative voice.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
But, Alli, there is a distinction to be drawn between the (shrinking, alas) number of thoughtful "thinking conservatives" - I worked closely to our mutual satisfaction with one in Kabul - and the growing number of those who think sophisticated debate is trading insults along the predictable and depressing lines of "I love seeing Lib heads explode".

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
But, Alli, there is a distinction to be drawn between the (shrinking, alas) number of thoughtful "thinking conservatives" - I worked closely to our mutual satisfaction with one in Kabul - and the growing number of those who think sophisticated debate is trading insults along the predictable and depressing lines of "I love seeing Lib heads explode".

My bad. MR has me so confused. Gotta keep reminding myself that I always used to call myself a fiscal conservative.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I get that passing something through the proper congressional channels is more painful than a kidney stone, but when something is the law of the land it's just that, taking another act of congress to undo it. I thought Obama tossed executive orders out too much as well, but if Trump loses the election then Biden's just going to flip the switch and undo it all in a single day.

Top Bottom
1 2