Trump has a real chance of conceding the election

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Jared just wants to make sure he gets his pardon with plenty of time left.

I agree with @Alli; this is (these are) a pair of complete creeps who are attempting to engineer an elegant act of discreet distancing, not least so that they can disclaim any responsibility for the ensuing debacle and unfolding disaster, (or for the sheer horror of his administration,) as they attempt to reclaim their glittering socialite lives - and become once again accepted by the liberal & other elites - in New York by auditioning for the role of "Mr Trump's Sane Adviser".

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Never forget that before the dynamic duo Javanka came to the rescue of their incompetent head of family via jobs in the West Wing, they were both Democrats in name only (even if also so registered) bc that's how ya conventionally do things in New York City's Page Six society.

Who would be surprised if the politics of this pair morphed back to the Ds pretty soon? After all, Trump himself has switched parties* whenever it was convenient or necessary. It's part of why McConnell was always nervous about his pawn suddenly crossing the aisle to cut a deal w/ Pelosi --at least before her House filed impeachment charges.

* Trump's political party affiliation changed numerous times. He registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987, switched to the Reform Party in 1999, the Democratic Party in 2001, and back to the Republican Party in 2009.
Source = wikipedia.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
I read this earlier on Slate.

Goodbye!​

Come Jan. 20, Donald Trump will not be president. In the coming weeks, there will be plenty of opportunities to think about what lies ahead, but for now, we want to bid farewell to the Trump officials and family members who have made the past four years so difficult for so many people. We know they’re not just going to go away, but their power is dwindling, and soon they will not matter. Goodbye!

There's a rogue's gallery of links…

Goodbye, Ivanka
Goodbye, Jared
Goodbye, Donald Trump Jr.
Goodbye, Melania
Goodbye, Mike Pence
Goodbye, Stephen Miller
Goodbye, Betsy DeVos

etcetera… or rather ad nauseum.

What a despicable bunch.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
⬆️ Every so often, Bill Maher does this “In Memoriam” segment that is reminiscent of the stuff they do at the Oscars.

This year’s is going to be FREAKING EPIC. 😆

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

lizkat

Reaction score
Seriously? 🤨

Trump might hold rallies to highlight recount, election litigation, reports say

See? His presidency isn’t dead. It’s just pining for the fjords.

Trump so fond of how those Nuremburg rallies looked, I guess.

His PR photographers and right-leaning media outlets have had to take narrower camera shots to get the right effect for Donny boy's rally scenes lately. He has blamed that on local government's meddling regarding restriction of gathering size during the time of the coronavirus. Heh, he should regard those as convenient.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram

lizkat

Reaction score
I read this earlier and was quite shocked.

If we look at what happened after Trump's "liberate Michigan" tweet, this has potential for major ructions.

High time that an adult took away Trump's box of matches and can of gasoline.

His minders really need to get him out of the WH and down to Mar-a-Lago and unplug the TV sets or play some old Hannity soothers or something, And kill his Twitter. Tell him Dorsey sold the platform to Xi so the USA is building a new and much safer one and it will be ready real soon now. These guys lie through their teeth all day long, are we to believe they can't fabricate a temporary alt-reality for the boss when push has come to shove?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I remember 2016, and I recall how shocked I was when Mr Trump made clear that he wouldn't accept the result of the election, unless he won.

Now, the fact that he did win made that debate somewhat moot, but, I do recall my utter shock that nobody (from the GOP) at the time appeared to want to call out Mr Trump for even suggesting that he would not have accepted the outcome of the election.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Just because it’s starting to look like he’s preparing some kind of military coup?
I doubt that. To do that, he'd have to fire the Secretary of Defense and install a loyalist with no ethics......

Oh wait....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
All right. This thread title, intended to mock a similarly-titled topic at MR, isn’t funny any more.

Trump is starting to scare the shit out of me, and I know I’m not the only one.
With Mr Trump, irony is - if not dead - then somewhat comatose, or certainly, at the very least, sound asleep.

Both here - and The Other Place/Country - there is a thread with the title "Donald Trump Humour Thread".

I must confess that (with the exception of the garden centre debacle last week-end - which was both jaw-dropping in the surreal aptness of such a setting, and insanely, ironically, hysterically hilarious) I have never found Mr Trump - his antics, actions, character, behaviour, - remotely funny, but instead, I find him deeply disturbing, profoundly unsettling, and downright dangerous.

Top Bottom
1 2