Trump heading to Scotland to play golf — Day before Biden Inauguration?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
As if Trump’s final days haven’t taken enough weird turns, now comes word that he may leave the country pre-inauguration day.

But Scotland’s Sunday Post has reported that Prestwick airport, near Trump’s Turnberry golf course resort, has been told to expect a US military Boeing 757 that has occasionally been used by Trump, on 19 January.
The report said that speculation over a possible inauguration day drama has been fuelled by sightings of US military surveillance aircraft circling Turnberry for a week in November, doing possible advance work.
“It is usually a sign Trump is going to be somewhere for an extended period,” the Post quoted an unnamed source as saying.

Squeezing the federal budget for one last trip? Avoiding the inevitable reality? Fleeing the country? Your guess is as good as mine.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
It is being reported that Prestwick airport, which is close to Trump’s Turnberry golf resort in Ayrshire, has been told to expect a US military Boeing 757 used by Trump in the past on 19 January - the day before Biden’s inauguration ceremony in Washington DC.

Link…

However, Nicola Sturgeon has warned Donald Trump that flying to Scotland to play golf to avoid Joe Biden’s inauguration would breach Scottish lockdown laws.

"At her news conference Sturgeon said she had no knowledge of Trump’s travel plans, adding that the only thing she expected was that he will vacate the White House as required before 20 January, in good time for Biden’s arrival.

But she added that Scotland’s strict Covid lockdown laws, which came into effect at midnight last night and are in force for the rest of January, and perhaps beyond, made it illegal to travel into Scotland for non-essential reasons. She said:

'We’re not allowing people to come to Scotland without an essential purpose and that would apply to him just as it would apply to anybody else and coming to play golf isn’t what I would consider to be an essential purpose.'"

Link…

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
It is being reported that Prestwick airport, which is close to Trump’s Turnberry golf resort in Ayrshire, has been told to expect a US military Boeing 757 used by Trump in the past on 19 January - the day before Biden’s inauguration ceremony in Washington DC.

Link…

However, Nicola Sturgeon has warned Donald Trump that flying to Scotland to play golf to avoid Joe Biden’s inauguration would breach Scottish lockdown laws.

"At her news conference Sturgeon said she had no knowledge of Trump’s travel plans, adding that the only thing she expected was that he will vacate the White House as required before 20 January, in good time for Biden’s arrival.

But she added that Scotland’s strict Covid lockdown laws, which came into effect at midnight last night and are in force for the rest of January, and perhaps beyond, made it illegal to travel into Scotland for non-essential reasons. She said:

'We’re not allowing people to come to Scotland without an essential purpose and that would apply to him just as it would apply to anybody else and coming to play golf isn’t what I would consider to be an essential purpose.'"

Link…

I read that piece - with jaw-dropping disbelief - last night.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
Thanks!
After the US election I was all politicked (sp?) out!
Mind you, not that our UK Brexit-Covid-Tory-Shitshow didn't doesn't deliver… in spades… *sigh*
:)
I'm getting my UK citizenship at the end of the year. I never planned on doing it, but after this, I'm getting it just so I can vote against those fuckers for as long as I'm allowed.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Would that we could give Trump the same kind of banishment that Ozymandias got in the recent Watchmen series.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
No way it would be Saudi Arabia. They are special friends of the US and have been for a very long time well before loser trump
They have harbored a number of fugitive dictators in the past. And having Trump would give them enormous leverage over >70 million active voters. "Do this, or we give him a microphone"
I believe it would be a mistake to say that the Saudis are friends of the US. The Saudis are friends of the Saudis, period. Any apparent friendship is just circumstantial.
That said, yes, if he manages to make it out of the country, I think he'll favor Russia.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2