Trump hid his calls with Putin. Now, Biden has access to them (Politico article)

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Short article, not groundbreaking -yet- but worth a read

I have always thought it absolutely extraordinary that Mr Trump attended formal meetings without aides, advisers, note-takers and translators, and that none of our little right-wingers - so vocal on so much else - saw nothing whatsoever wrong with this practice.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Hope they haver good interpreter for what trump said.
From what I have read, Mr Trump didn't use an interpreter much of the time, - instead, he relied on the interpreters who translated for the Russians - nor did he have advisers or note-takers to hand - which is something I have never seen at such meetings.

Not only does it mean that you have no record of your own from the meeting - it also means that you have no independent witnesses (from your side) to verify what took place, should different accounts or narratives emerge subsequently from the meeting.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
From what I have read, Mr Trump didn't use an interpreter much of the time, - instead, he relied on the interpreters who translated for the Russians - nor did he have advisers or note-takers to hand - which is something I have never seen at such meetings.

Not only does it mean that you have no record of your own from the meeting - it also means that you have no independent witnesses (from your side) to verify what took place, should different accounts or narratives emerge subsequently from the meeting.
I meant a interpreter for trumps rambling wacky speak of his.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Worse, he went out of his way to confiscate the translators' notes.

Yes, this horrified me.

I have attended meetings - at a much lower level, obviously, my principal would have had ambassadorial rank - where I was the person to the side, the adviser, notebook to hand, taking notes, (and would also minute the meeting, and prepare the formal notes from the meeting) and ready with advice or supplementary questions as needed, or was seated in the row of chairs along the wall, with other advisers, while the respective principals sat at a table.

And I have quite a bit of experience; candidly, I have never seen anyone - at any level - conduct formal meetings with international interlocutors (and, I daresay, with domestic interlocutors as well) - in the criminally careless, utterly unprepared, and outrageously irresponsible, manner that Mr Trump has done.

Top Bottom
1 2