Trump invites Republican Michigan law makers in charge of the vote count to WH

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
In an unprecedented display of election tampering, Trump has invited Republicans in charge of the vote count from Michigan to the White House for a personal meeting.

From Business Insider
President Donald Trump on Thursday invited several local Republican lawmakers from Michigan to meet with him at the White House on Friday as part of his increasingly desperate effort to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Trump reached out to the GOP majority leader of the Michigan State Senate to invite the lawmakers to Washington, but it's not clear what exactly the president plans to discuss with them, The New York Times reported Thursday.

trump_stage.jpg

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
I still don’t understand why anyone comes when he calls. I sincerely hope he will be made to answer to his transgressions.
It's mafia-tactics. He's either going to try to bribe them, compromise them or kill them.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's dirt on any politician that Trump won't use to compromise them (fraud, money-laundering, sex-abuse, etc). There are no ethical or moral barriers for Trump. He's crooked. Now he's using any possible avenue to get there, because the GOP won't condemn this -- likely because they're all compromised as well.

This is right out of any dictator's playbook. It's not remotely clever and it's completely naked. I am just in shock that there are SO many willing to go along with this. How can people not see passed that scam?

And I share your hope. I hope his crimes and transgressions get exposed one after another.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
In an unprecedented display of election tampering, Trump has invited Republicans in charge of the vote count from Michigan to the White House for a personal meeting.

From Business Insider

View attachment 1473

It's mafia-tactics. He's either going to try to bribe them, compromise them or kill them.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's dirt on any politician that Trump won't use to compromise them (fraud, money-laundering, sex-abuse, etc). There are no ethical or moral barriers for Trump. He's crooked. Now he's using any possible avenue to get there, because the GOP won't condemn this -- likely because they're all compromised as well.

This is right out of any dictator's playbook. It's not remotely clever and it's completely naked. I am just in shock that there are SO many willing to go along with this. How can people not see passed that scam?

And I share your hope. I hope his crimes and transgressions get exposed one after another.

The loathsome and appalling Mr Trump has tried to thwart, frustrate or overturn the results in Georgia Pennsylvania, and now, Michigan.

This is outrageous; is there nobody in the GOP - and no, I will not extend any sympathy to them until they accept the result of the election and assist with the transition - who decries and deplores these actions and wishes to disassociate themselves from such a naked (and illegal) power grab, an action cribbed straight from the handbook of an apprentice dictator?

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
This is outrageous; is there nobody in the GOP - and no, I will not extend any sympathy to them until they accept the result of the election and assist with the transition - who decries and deplores these actions and wishes to disassociate themselves from such a naked (and illegal) power grab, an action cribbed straight from the handbook of an apprentice dictator?

You're more forgiving than me. I want to see them denounce him in public and block him on Twitter. Also screenshots or it didn't happen. Even then, I would prefer to see them ejected from Congress and political office in general for life. Going along with this is just unacceptable, particularly when they spent 8 years claiming that Obama was what Trump is today.

Calvin

Reaction score
You're more forgiving than me. I want to see them denounce him in public and block him on Twitter. Also screenshots or it didn't happen. Even then, I would prefer to see them ejected from Congress and political office in general for life. Going along with this is just unacceptable, particularly when they spent 8 years claiming that Obama was what Trump is today.
Exactly!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Actually, I am not so forgiving when one fails to accept the results of an election that is free of fraud, and where it looks as though Mr Biden will exceed 80 million votes.

That is the lowest bar I deem acceptable, and is more directed at those who suggest that the Democrats engage in a bit of soul-searching.

To my mind, it is for the GOP to engage in a bit of soul-searching, to ask themselves why they are willing to thrash the federal state and its institutions unless they are allowed to get their way in everything (thereby depriving women and people of colour and the poor of basic rights).

Last edited:

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have now reached the conclusion that Trump is actively committing treason. He's no longer undermining democracy, which is something he's done for the past four years, and very effectively. If this was a foreign leader in a foreign land, our government would be rallying international support to intervene and preserve democracy. Hell, we might even go to war over it. If we learned about a foreign terror plot to kidnap a governor of Michigan and executive hostages, there would be a harsh condemnation followed by drone strikes and economic sanctions. Trump created conditions suitable for rebellion. All so he doesn't go to jail.

I personally believe it's time to detain him, put him on trial and execute him for treason. This isn't a game and that is, in fact, the punishment for treason.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have now reached the conclusion that Trump is actively committing treason. He's no longer undermining democracy, which is something he's done for the past four years, and very effectively. If this was a foreign leader in a foreign land, our government would be rallying international support to intervene and preserve democracy. Hell, we might even go to war over it. If we learned about a foreign terror plot to kidnap a governor of Michigan and executive hostages, there would be a harsh condemnation followed by drone strikes and economic sanctions. Trump created conditions suitable for rebellion. All so he doesn't go to jail.

I personally believe it's time to detain him, put him on trial and execute him for treason. This isn't a game and that is, in fact, the punishment for treason.
One close adviser said he's just doing it to "stick it to the Dems". Hope it's worth all those lives.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
This is the new Republican party. This is only the beginning. They are setting the foundation to try and steal future elections. They know the numbers are against them. It's only going to get worse.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Trump’s not done harassing the Michigan legislature.

He sent this looney bird to tell them about all the illegal vote manipulation she saw. It...did not go well.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1334313610252865537/

Turns out she’s a contract worker who has basically zero people backing up her claims.

People were saying she comes across like a character in a SNL sketch.

If so, I think the line between satire and reality is officially gone.

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
Trump’s not done harassing the Michigan legislature.

He sent this looney bird to tell them about all the illegal vote manipulation she saw. It...did not go well.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1334313610252865537/

Turns out she’s a contract worker who has basically zero people backing up her claims.

People were saying she comes across like a character in a SNL sketch.

If so, I think the line between satire and reality is officially gone.

She completely stole the character from Cecily Strong's Drunk Girl SNL sketch:

Top Bottom
1 2