Trump is Perma Banned.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well, I'm following this new and interesting Twitter account ...

1610158924498.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I actually hit up MySpace, I wasn't even aware they're still up and running. Wow.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Looks like this is what got Trump permanently banned from Twitter.

The tweets violated the company’s policy against the glorification of violence, Twitter said in a blog post, and “these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President’s statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks.”

The first tweet was about Trump’s supporters.

The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

The second indicated Trump did not plan to attend Joe Biden’s inauguration.

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Twitter said the tweet concerning the inauguration could be viewed as a further statement that the election was not legitimate. It also said that the tweet could be interpreted as Trump saying that the inauguration would be a “safe” target for violence because he would not be attending.

At first glance, that second tweet in particular looks like nothing more than a simple statement of fact: he's not going to the inauguration. Frankly that may be all he meant. However, the PTB at Twitter apparently gave this a lot of thought and read a worst case scenario into it.

Which, if we're to take his statement at face value, is unfair to Trump--but he brought it on himself. I agree that placed in the context of everything that's gone before, it could be interpreted by some cult member as a go-ahead signal. Those people are so far gone, almost anything could. And Trump has nobody else to blame for that.

That's quite an accomplishment. Basically he's created a monster so big and out of control that Twitter just can't afford to let him say anything on their platform anymore.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

At first glance, that second tweet in particular looks like nothing more than a simple statement of fact: he's not going to the inauguration. Frankly that may be all he meant. However, the PTB at Twitter apparently gave this a lot of thought and read a worst case scenario into it.

Which, if we're to take his statement at face value, is unfair to Trump--but he brought it on himself. I agree that placed in the context of everything that's gone before, it could be interpreted by some cult member as a go-ahead signal. Those people are so far gone, almost anything could. And Trump has nobody else to blame for that.

That's quite an accomplishment. Basically he's created a monster so big and out of control that Twitter just can't afford to let him say anything on their platform anymore.

I didn’t catch the meaning of not going to the inauguration initially either. It’s not 100% clear but vagueness is one of the tools in Trump’s box, often giving himself room to deny intent later.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

The playbook of signaling exactly what his intentions are while pretending it is innocuous is a favorite technique of the PRSI trolls as well. You can see where they get it from. You can also see that such techniques work great on forums that are moderated purely on a “legalese” basis, or in Twitter’s case, when they give a blanket exception to all moderation rules simply because of a political position.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
That is Chris Hayes, an MSNBC host. He's a pretty staunch Trump critic.

I don't know if he considered Harris' comments laughable. The job of a good reporter is to make anyone in authority justify the statements they are making. He seems to me to be pushing her to do just that.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
This gold belong in the Humor thread

on ShackNews

… the founder of Friendster, …
"Look, we have been a defunct website for years, but Trump is desperate. He keeps sending me messages on Parler asking to turn the servers back on. Since he wouldn't stop, we decided to ban him. Despite the fact that the site doesn't even exist."

That didn't stop the Trumpster as he then created a MySpace account. …
"We were shocked to see a new account created yesterday, as we are pretty much a worthless website with legacy band content. It was pretty bizarre to see a new band named 'Trump and the MAGAs' sign up for a MySpace account in the year of our lord 2021, so we began the procedures to track the user's IP address. When we realized that it was this asshole trying to evade his Twitter and Facebook bans, we promptly permabanned his ass."

Top Bottom
1 2