Trump-O’Reilly “History Tour” fails to draw much interest

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Ah, Donald. The days of packing stadiums appear to be over.

According to the story, there were enough empty seats that they emptied the upper bowl, moved people down to the lower bowl, and even then had quite a few conspicuously empty seats.

24C3C6C2-566F-4227-B059-AEAEB0736B1D.jpeg

Can’t say this totally surprises me. Even Republicans are getting wise to paying $138 to sit for two hours and listen to Trump repeat the same old complaints. He’s become a one trick pony.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

According to the story, there were enough empty seats that they emptied the upper bowl, moved people down to the lower bowl, and even then had quite a few conspicuously empty seats.

Can’t say this totally surprises me. Even Republicans are getting wise to paying $138 to sit for two hours and listen to Trump repeat the same old complaints. He’s become a one trick pony.
138.00 to catch covid and make trump richer what a bargain

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Hah, at least 10% of the crowd at that event was probably FBI agents taking photos and checking them against photos from the January 6th insurrection at the Capitol. Some things change, but how the FBI works fringe political movements in the USA is not one of them.

The poor turnout should give pause to the tap-dancing sycophants like Georgia's former Senator David Perdue (who lost his seat to Democrat Jon Ossoff in 2020).

The defeated Mr. Perdue is now running for governor in Georgia, and trying to troll for the support of Trump fans by asserting that he'd never have helped certify the 2020 presidential election results. Further, and to back that up, I guess, he has foolishly filed a lawsuit asking for Georgia's 2020 election results and specifically the absentee ballots to be reviewed yet again. The state has audited the counts three times and the judiciary has dismissed lawsuits identical to what Purdue has just filed.

So it's all about air time for the Big Lie, and an appeal to fans of the 2021 insurrection for votes in the 2022 election for governor in Georgia. Even conservatives with half a brain in that state realize Perdue's approach is a crock (and a risk to the party). Here's a tweet from the husband of Georgia's current lieutenant governor:

Anyway I can't see how the Trump-O'Reilly tour will improve on sensible conservatives' reaction to how Perdue or his ilk in other races are launching their campaigns. It's all sort of like leading the charge into the 2022 primaries by uptilting one's glass jaw.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe it was less crowded because they discovered demanding people show proof that they aren’t vaccinated is a lot harder than they thought. After turning away thousands they then decided to use the same standard as the stolen election that the complete lack of proof is in fact proof.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I love the headlines. They have to upset Trump. How long before he blames Bill for the low turnout?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’ll bet the crowds will swell again if when he decides to run.

If, however, all he does is talk about how the election was “stolen” from him…well, even right wingers will be like, been there, done that.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Privately I’m sure we’ve already passed that point.

First the orange one blames the fake news media for distorting the facts. THEN on to blaming O'Reilly.

I’ll bet the crowds will swell again if when he decides to run.

If, however, all he does is talk about how the election was “stolen” from him…well, even right wingers will be like, been there, done that.

Trump just doesn't get it that yes, his hijacked GOP is completely fixated on being able to suppress votes and override counts they don't like for 2022, but their purpose now is to keep THE PARTY in power.

Sure they're still tap dancing to keep Trump's fans on board, but more of the 2022 candidates are talking about "integrity of our elections" and not the 2020 outcomes per se. And so Trump is starting to sound more and more like the sour grapes guy he really is, still pitching his discredited Big Lie about 2020 more than a year later.

It all feels so ironic to me, considering that when Trump won in 2016, he couldn't believe that either, but then spent the next four years not celebrating his electoral vote win, but whining about his pop vote loss and claiming that it was due to "millions of illegals" having voted for Clinton.

Trump reveals himself more and more as just a decompensating narcissist at this point. He's over the hill, and is never comfortable in his decline unless he can find something to carp about, some personal outrage, someone to blame for anything unfavorable. Anything and anyone will do. Poor turnout at the Trump-O'Reilly tour is a natural next focus: after all, the world must be made to understand the Big Lie about 2020. But he's not even filling a stadium for the next round of necessary education? O'Reilly must be a traitor!

Last edited:

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
First the orange one blames the fake news media for distorting the facts. THEN on to blaming O'Reilly.

Trump just doesn't get it that yes, his hijacked GOP is completely fixated on being able to suppress votes and override counts they don't like for 2022, but their purpose now is to keep THE PARTY in power.

Sure they're still tap dancing to keep Trump's fans on board, but more of the 2022 candidates are talking about "integrity of our elections" and not the 2020 outcomes per se. And so Trump is starting to sound more and more like the sour grapes guy he really is, still pitching his discredited Big Lie about 2020 more than a year later.

It all feels so ironic to me, considering that when Trump won in 2016, he couldn't believe that either, but then spent the next four years not celebrating his electoral vote win, but whining about his pop vote loss and claiming that it was due to "millions of illegals" having voted for Clinton.

Trump reveals himself more and more and just a decompensating narcissist at this point. He's over the hill, and is never comfortable in his decline unless he can find something to carp about, some personal outrage, someone to blame for anything unfavorable. Anything and anyone will do. Poor turnout at the Trump-O'Reilly tour is a natural next focus: after all, the world must be made to understand the Big Lie about 2020. But he's not even filling a stadium for the next round of necessary education? O'Reilly must be a traitor!
They wrote Logan Roy on Succession to have so much in common with Trump. Logan is a fuckin monster and I still think he’s a better person.

Top Bottom
1 2