Trump Organization Indicted (June 2021)

U

User.191

I said on this board a long time ago that ex-presidents simply do not go to prison in this country. Maybe a house arrest situation is what we’ll have to settle for. That Trump breaks laws is not in doubt. A guilty verdict with a conviction very much is.
It's a different world now. 15 years ago the craziest we ever had were some movie stars and a wrestler entering politics. Since then we've had an African-American POTUS & FLOTUS, a woman get damned close to becoming POTUS and a TV Star with a big gob and lousy business sense actually become POTUS and then rule by Twitter and get impeached TWICE.

We've got Russian interference being blessed up the wazoo and large proportions of the populations believing in lies so big, they make the Flat Earth look tame in comparison.

This is a whole new world with a whole new set of rules. I can see it happen. I'd not put much money on it, but I can definitely see it happen.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Donald may not go to prison, but he’s about to lose everything. He sees no difference between himself and his brand. Once the company has been indicted, his brand is worthless. He’ll never be able to borrow any more money or start any new businesses. He probably won’t even be able to pay off all the debts he has coming due.

I’ll be happier seeing his kids go to jail, to be honest.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Donald may not go to prison, but he’s about to lose everything. He sees no difference between himself and his brand. Once the company has been indicted, his brand is worthless. He’ll never be able to borrow any more money or start any new businesses. He probably won’t even be able to pay off all the debts he has coming due.

I’ll be happier seeing his kids go to jail, to be honest.
There’s no substitute for:

1BDDB488-E950-4C15-A0F3-BDE22621D0E4.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks to a video, Mr Shithead shows himself to be the scammer, liar, and con artist he is, from

I know more about the tax code than ANYONE,

until recently after indited, to:

who could know? Do I have to? Could anyone understand this stuff?

This fucker wants his Trump addled, ass licking minions to give him a pass, and by God they will. 🤬

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
While I'm disappointed that NY AG Tish James dropped out of the race for Governor, I"m happy that she's continuing to investigate Mango et al :

The announcement came on the same day that it became known that Ms. James’s office intended to subpoena former President Donald J. Trump to testify in a civil fraud investigation.

Ms. James, whose office is also participating in the criminal investigation being run by the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., is seeking to question Mr. Trump under oath on Jan. 7 as part of her separate civil inquiry into his business practices.
Hilarious to think Mango may have to testify under oath the day after the 1st Anniversary of the Attempted Insurrection.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Some news on this. Mazars, who did accounting for Trump’s organization, dropped this bombshell today.

Mazars USA LLP advised the company to inform anyone who had gotten the documents not to use them when assessing the financial health of the company and the former president.

Kelly also informed Garten that Mazars could no longer work with Trump because of a conflict of interest and urged him to find another tax preparer.

Mazars said its conclusions applied to Trump's financial statements for 2011 to 2020. Another accounting firm prepared his financial statement for 2021, according to court filings.

So, they are officially disavowing 10 years of financial records. Whether they knew the Trumps were lying at the time - they aren’t saying.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I suspect Mazars is on Team DA now.
They don’t want to end up losing their business. I think there was obvious evidence that somebody in their organization regularly fudged the numbers to help Trump. By admitting their “errors” ahead of the prosecutor, they hope to avoid the fate of Arthur Andersen in the wake of the Enron scandal.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Not quite the ShitGibbon Organization as such, but, surprise, surprise, fgrmer Interior Secretary Zinke is a confirmed PoS,

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
They don’t want to end up losing their business. I think there was obvious evidence that somebody in their organization regularly fudged the numbers to help Trump. By admitting their “errors” ahead of the prosecutor, they hope to avoid the fate of Arthur Andersen in the wake of the Enron scandal.
I read elsewhere from somebody in the industry that in a situation like this where you know the numbers are dodgy, professional standards require you to cut off the customer (Trump).

So yes, given a choice between turning Trump loose or risking their business (and possible legal exposure), they’re gonna kick Trump to the curb.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Donald Trump has a monster self destructive ego, and the man is an evil sick fuck. In any competent, virtuous, self respecting society, he’s be behind bars as a societal threat. But oh no, we have a major political party and its minions who spends their time sucking his toes and offering their bottoms to him as the country sinks. :mad:

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Trump cannot keep his mouth shut to save his life, which must be great for prosecutors. He's literally saying "Why are you worried if I paid taxes on things like apartments or cars when there's murderers and rapists out there?"

Not much of a defense, and really goes to show how entitled and above the law these guys think they are.

He's also insinuating Hillary Clinton should be put to death. He's a lunatic, the republican party needs to start their purge of him.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If Trump was a mob boss the rest of the families would have put a hit out on him years ago for exposing how their business is done to the international spotlight.

Just as upsetting is corporations have already legally rigged the system way in their favor. To push it past that takes a special level of top tier incompetent asshole.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
He is like a pack of cigarettes: the Rs know he is killing them, but they just have to have another one.

RNC: “What alternative do we have to offer the people that is popular and will solve today’s problems?”

Crickets

RNC: “OK, Trump it is.”

The only problem the RNC has with Trump is he puts an ugly face on what they actually believe and support. They want the population to fight amongst themselves without being dragged into it. With Trump at the helm their base is too needy. Promoting conspiracy theories is taking away from time they should be spending with lobbyists.

“We’re banning and burning books now? Jesus, how much time and energy do I have waste on this now?”

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Going to be interesting to say others handle his business, and then prosecutors asking why - it really ran by other people - why was the farthest he’d let his company get away from him during his presidency was by turning it over to his kids. So, were the kids responsible? Will they turn on each other? Of course, Trump will appeal the judge ruling that he and his family must sit for a deposition. But it’s going to happen at some point.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I was kind of expecting this to drop. We all know that nothing is ever Donald Trump's fault, and nothing ever reflects badly on him. Turns out there's a very simple, logical reason why Mazars cut him loose.

Donald Trump on Tuesday night insisted a former Trump Organization accounting firm cut ties with his company over “vicious intimidation tactics” from the New York authorities investigating him.
The former president alleged accounting firm Mazars was forced to stop working with his company because of “prosecutorial misconduct” by New York Attorney General Letitia James, who is investigating the Trump Organization’s financial dealings.
Trump also blamed the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office for the breakup with the company’s long-term accounting firm.

“Mazars has been threatened, harassed, and insulted like virtually no other firm has ever been,” Trump said in a lengthy statement.
There go those superlatives again.

The firm’s “decision to withdraw was clearly a result of the AG’s and DA’s vicious intimidation tactics used—also on other members of the Trump Organization,” he said.
“Mazars, who were scared beyond belief, in conversations with us made it clear that they were willing to do or say anything to stop the constant threat which has gone against them for years,” Trump continued.
Well, that's very different from the story Mazars is telling.

“We have a great company with fantastic assets that are unique, extremely valuable and, in many cases, far more valuable than what was listed in our Financial Statements,” he wrote.
Again with the superlatives. And is he then saying the financial statements shouldn't be trusted? Isn't that what Mazars is saying?

(My bold above.)

Top Bottom
1 2