Trump Organization Indicted (June 2021)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He’ll probably just announce he’s running for president if he gets indicted, and just yammer on that they know they can’t beat him so it must be some massive conspiracy to stop him.

He really is a Teflon Don, and he’s dumb as any adult person who’s had success so he’s not some mastermind. He just has lived off a string of good luck that never seems to end. How this guy got away with stiffing people and cooking the books for so long is anyone’s guess, just giving our cash and free resort rooms goes a long way, it seems.
if he does that then he cant take in anymore money it would all have to be for campaigns only.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
if he does that then he cant take in anymore money it would all have to be for campaigns only.
Like that ever stopped him. He'll be double-dealing in no time. Using his properties to host his campaign. His properties for lavish fundraisers. Probably his kids in high level positions to reap the benefits of the rubes that will flood his campaign with cash.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Ya know, he might take the fifth, but I’m hoping his eternally flapping mouth and uncontrollable braggadocio causes him to say something incriminating under oath.

Who knows? It’s possible. It’s not like he has the world’s greatest impulse control. In fact, he’s pretty much the poster child for the kind of witness you could rattle by asking some sharp questions.

Hillary kind of knew that.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/758864218439286784/

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump's probably going to say he doesn't remember details and that's why he had accountants instead, and not his problem if they couldn't follow the thread of events over time or manage to keep things squared away yada yada yada... I almost despair sometimes that this guy will ever meet the same justice other people run into when they mess up.
Exactly. The thing is :
  • Accountants only have the raw data you give them. Now we might be suspicious that did they really not know that property he valued at 1 million was really worth 10 million for tax purposes?
  • Half our Congress has broken bad and we are in deep shit as a country as if we are still expecting our laws to be upheld when so fragrantly broken by the snake‘s head?. And when was the last time a former President went to jail? As in never? Now it can be argued that in the last 80 years how many crooks or terrible leaders have we put in the top spot, and how many of them were Republicans? :unsure:

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Exactly. The thing is :
  • Accountants only have the raw data you give them. Now we might be suspicious that did they really not know that property that he valued at 1 million was really worth 10 million for tax purposes?
  • Half our Congress has broken bad and we are in deep shit as a country as if we are still expecting our laws to be upheld when so fragrantly broken by the snake‘s head?. And when was the last time a former President went to jail? As in never? Now it can be argued that in the last 80 years how many crooks or terrible leaders have we put in the top spot, and how many of them were Republicans? :unsure:
The accountants do have an ethical (and legal) obligation to verify the Information to the best of their ability. Mazars clearly did NOT do that. When they became subject to an investigation by NY State, they had no choice but to admit it and issue a notice that the prior financial statements were “not reliable” (I think they were absolute fiction).

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I hope he gets criminally indicted and then they use his words of “only guilty people plead the fifth” against him, which he has said many times. Of course, I’m sure it’s different when he does it.
He'll try to make the case that it's different. Just like how he said mail-in ballots are bad but absentee ballots (which he uses) are okay. And of course his deplorables will believe him.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Trump's probably going to say he doesn't remember details and that's why he had accountants instead...
He does that all the time. So he doesn't pay taxes because "I'm smart" but he'll distance himself from the cooked books. It's like how he chooses "the best people" but when they get in trouble he really doesn't know them that well.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
He does that all the time. So he doesn't pay taxes because "I'm smart" but he'll distance himself from the cooked books. It's like how he chooses "the best people" but when they get in trouble he really doesn't know them that well.

Yeah Trump might be surprised to be reminded officially that "not really knowing" your own accountants very well doesn't get you off the hook after they give you up to save their own skins.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah Trump might be surprised to be reminded officially that "not really knowing" your own accountants very well doesn't get you off the hook after they give you up to save their own skins.
…including turning over all the evidence he gave them over the years. You might have thought that the last thing a ”smart” crook would want to do is to step into the limelight as President, but this is where Donny’s ego tripped him up. :unsure:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Could be nothing, or a sign that they don't want to go to court. If the charges are as egregious as everyone has made out to be, you'd think this would be an easy case. But... the laws do make it easy for folks like Trump to cheat their way to more wealth, so who the hell really knows?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I saw this, and it looks ominous. Vance and Bragg obviously have different ideas of how prosecutable this case is--and one has to assume the two prosecutors who resigned sided with Vance.

We haven't heard from them yet, but it's hard to understand this sudden left turn. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with political affiliation, because Bragg is a Democrat, so I wonder what it actually is. This story is just breaking, so I'm hoping to hear more from the two prosecutors involved.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Vance fudged up the case years ago. It looks like Mango will get away with criminal acts. The only hope is that AG James will have a strong civil case against the Mango Klan.

U

User.45

Could be nothing, or a sign that they don't want to go to court. If the charges are as egregious as everyone has made out to be, you'd think this would be an easy case. But... the laws do make it easy for folks like Trump to cheat their way to more wealth, so who the hell really knows?

it's bad. today is just a bad day

Top Bottom
1 2