Trump rallies more dangerous post presidency?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
He’ll be able to run his mouth with even less accountability than he razor walks now. He can wax poetic about getting removed by a rigged and corrupt system. He can say he was completely prevented from implementing all his great plans to help his supporters by the same rigged system. He’ll have nobody he needs to work or compromise with. He’ll push the limits of what’s needed to be labeled a hate group or domestic terrorist organization.

Speaking of the latter, word is he also plans to start a super PAC. So well funded threat to our democracy.

Plus he'll have a secret service detail for the rest of his life. Imagine what kind of shitbag would sign up to take a bullet for this shitbag post presidency.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
While formal authorisation to permit the arrangements for the transition to commence have yet to be signed, - a petty, spiteful, mean-spirited - and profoundly unprofessional and anti-democratic - attempt to further thwart Mr Biden, I sincerely hope that both President-Elect Biden and Vice-President-Elect Harris are protected by professionally trained individuals, and that on this, at least, the relevant federal authorities are prepared to take responsibility, irrespective of what authorisation paperwork has been signed off on.

Between now and January, I wouldn't put anything past Mr Trump; he is perfectly capable if calling for - and inciting, facilitating and fanning - riots, violence and death and destruction.

Actually, while I think that Mr Trunp's behaviour is entirely characteristic and depressingly predictable, what is shocking and shameful is that - even when facing defeat - he is being enabled, facilitated, flattered, by the GOP, who are not only not calling him out, and holding him to accept, but are further enabling his destructive and irresponsible nihilism in choosing to burn the house of state down before he is obliged to quit office.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
While formal authorisation to permit the arrangements for the transition to commence have yet to be signed, - a petty, spiteful, mean-spirited - and profoundly unprofessional and anti-democratic - attempt to further thwart Mr Biden, I sincerely hope that both President-Elect Biden and Vice-President-Elect Harris are protected by professionally trained individuals, and that on this, at least, the relevant federal authorities are prepared to take responsibility, irrespective of what authorisation paperwork has been signed off on.

Between now and January, I wouldn't put anything past Mr Trump; he is perfectly capable if calling for - and inciting, facilitating and fanning - riots, violence and death and destruction.

Actually, while I think that Mr Trunp's behaviour is entirely characteristic and depressingly predictable, what is shocking and shameful is that - even when facing defeat - he is being enabled, facilitated, flattered, by the GOP, who are not only not calling him out, and holding him to accept, but are further enabling his destructive and irresponsible nihilism in choosing to burn the house of state down before he is obliged to quit office.
The GOP is scared of Trump's supporters while also wanting their votes.

I've said this before, but people should stop thinking all his votes were from some kind of massive Trump militia. There are still people voting party line and people believing they are voting against the communist left.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
word is he also plans to start a super PAC. So well funded threat to our democracy.

It all sounds more like a grifter's paradise to me. Sure there are a lot of rules about super PACs (which are not actually PACs and so have their own legal frameworks) but the biggest problem (and appeal) of them is that there also a lot of grey areas around stuff like "cannot DIRECTLY campaign for a candidate"... e.g., can't run the funds into the guy's campaign war chest, can't coordinate with the campaign staff and so on.

Also appealing I'm sure, at least for the Trumps, is that there is no particular requirement on disbursement of remaining funds when a super PAC is dissolved or its independent support of a federal candidate ends. It has been something of a norm in the past to return very large donations if the money goes unused, but that's not an FEC requirement. One could probably take a good guess on how Trump would interpret all that.

More info: https://ballotpedia.org/Super_PAC

Top Bottom
1 2