Trump reportedly took home $750,000 worth of fake art from the home of the US ambassador to France

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
In a move that only Hitler would applaud, Trump reportedly took home $750,000 worth of art from the home of the US ambassador to France in 2018 after canceling a World War I cemetery visit.

From BusinessInsider
President Donald Trump took home art from the residence of the US ambassador to France during the 2018 visit in which he canceled a journey to visit American World War I dead, according to a new Bloomberg report.

According to the outlet, the transfer caused tension between officials but was deemed legal because the pieces were US property.

All the pieces were discovered to be copies and replicas, the report said, but one unnamed source told Bloomberg the art was worth a combine $750,000.

art.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
In a move that only Hitler would applaud, Trump reportedly took home $750,000 worth of art from the home of the US ambassador to France in 2018 after canceling a World War I cemetery visit.

From BusinessInsider

View attachment 388

Good grief.

I'm not sure which is worse: Taking the artwork in the first place, or (very possibly) not even realising that they were copies, rather than originals?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
So many questions. Where are the items now? How did the topic of taking these things come up? Does he literally want to take personal possession of them and sell them later? Did anyone on his staff or his circle tell him this was a bad idea? Where the fuck am I?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I doubt it is true because art to trump is a 6' portrait of himself.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
He diminishes the status of the US daily. This is so embarrassing that he would appropriate fake art on a whim to put in the White House for his benifit. From the perspective of a low class Sociopath as fake President, it fits, while his staff tries to normalize his sickness to the public. He’s doing it for us. :rolleyes:

From link:
“The President brought these beautiful, historical pieces, which belong to the American people, back to the United States to be prominently displayed in the People’s House,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in response to questions from Bloomberg News.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He diminishes the status of the US daily. This is so embarrassing that he would appropriate fake art on a whim to put in the White House for his benifit. From the perspective of a low class Sociopath as fake President, it fits, while his staff tries to normalize his sickness to the public. He’s doing it for us. :rolleyes:

From link:
“The President brought these beautiful, historical pieces, which belong to the American people, back to the United States to be prominently displayed in the People’s House,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said in response to questions from Bloomberg News.
He's all about the people. :LOL:

Top Bottom
1 2