Trump says throw out the Constitution

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
1670106566203.jpeg

I mean, at least now he’s finally said it. I thought I remembered him swearing an oath to defend it, but “termination of all rules, even those found in the Constitution,” is the perfect thing to quote in the coming indictment, so I’m ok with it.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I mean, at least now he’s finally said it. I thought I remembered him swearing an oath to defend it, but “termination of all rules, even those found in the Constitution,” is the perfect thing to quote in the coming indictment, so I’m ok with it.
he is one scared individual 1.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
He’s delusional.

First off, I would be remiss to say it was a totally inappropriate decision for Twitter and other social media outlets to have banned the NYP article. I think it was fairly evident the Biden laptop data was not Russian disinformation and most of the media took no action to actually verify its authenticity. And Hunter or his representatives never denied it was his which would probably be the first thing to happen if it was fake.

That said, the argument to say Trump requires a mulligan or the censorship altered the outcome is ridiculous. I’m pretty sure most of society was well aware of the NYP article- a perfect example of the Streisand effect. IIRC correctly there was very, very little at that moment to suggest Joe Biden was involved in corrupt business dealings. And we still are far from a conclusive answer on that.

I think it’s pretty clear Hunter Biden is a con man who used his dad’s name to profit, among many other flaws. I wouldn’t put him to con his own father. I have concerns about the cognitive functioning of Joe… as do many on the right, but usually to a more extreme view motivated by partisanship. If we accept the Fox News opinion he is completely and totally senile and has been for years, how is he has also been functioning as a financial criminal mastermind?

I’m pretty sure most people overwhelmingly had their minds made up about who to vote for in 2020. And even if Biden did have some shady business dealings, I can’t imagine it would have made much difference when you look at the dirty business and financial history and all the related allegations of Trump and his companies. As if Trump is the pinnacle of above board, squeaky clean business.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
As trump is the de-facto leader of the republican party, where's the outrage from the GOP and trump supporters/voters about terminating the Constitution? Crickets... Apparently the document is not as sacred as many claim.

Smells like hypocrisy to me.

trump's feeling trapped and going off the rails now. Shouldn't be too long for some indictments to be handed down. Can't wait for the celebrations across the country - it will be a dogs and cats dancing together in the streets event!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I think it was fairly evident the Biden laptop data was not Russian disinformation and most of the media took no action to actually verify its authenticity.
Really? What is known now is very different from what was known at the time. Hindsight is 20/20, and the initial October surprise certainly had many hallmarks of a foreign disinformation campaign. Trump specifically withheld millions of dollars from a foreign government to try and get dirt on Hunter… there was a whole impeachment over it… if you recall.

And the 2nd half of your statement is absolutely false. Other news orgs immediately and repeatedly asked for the drive so they could verify its contents. The Washington Post was one of them…

After the New York Post began publishing reports on the contents of the laptop in October 2020, The Washington Post repeatedly asked Giuliani and Republican strategist Stephen K. Bannon for a copy of the data to review, but the requests were rebuffed or ignored.

It took almost a year for the data to be provided for independent verification. That‘s sketchy as hell.

In the end, 22K emails were verified, but almost all other data on the drive couldn’t be verified. Guess we know why the NY Post didn’t want to share with the rest of the class.

It’s pretty rich for the NY Post to complain about Twitter not wanting to host their possibly fake October surprise when its basic data wasn’t presented for verification until June 2021.

PS - Public figures OFTEN fail to deny false claims spread by tabloids or on the internet. They ignore them. So a lack of response from Hunter Biden was NOT a reliable indicator whether the info was true or not.

Last edited:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Really? What is known now is very different from what was known at the time. Hindsight is 20/20, and the initial October surprise certainly had many hallmarks of a foreign disinformation campaign. Trump specifically withheld millions of dollars from a foreign government to try and get dirt on Hunter… there was a whole impeachment over it… if you recall.

And the 2nd half of your statement is absolutely false. Other news orgs immediately and repeatedly asked for the drive so they could verify its contents. The Washington Post was one of them…

It took almost a year for the data to be provided for independent verification. That‘s sketchy as hell.

In the end, 22K emails were verified, but almost all other data on the drive couldn’t be verified. Guess we know why the NY Post didn’t want to share with the rest of the class.

It’s pretty rich for the NY Post to complain about Twitter not wanting to host their possibly fake October surprise when its basic data wasn’t presented for verification until June 2021.

PS - Public figures OFTEN fail to deny false claims spread by tabloids or on the internet. They ignore them. So a lack of response from Hunter Biden was NOT a reliable indicator whether the info was true or not.

Okay, I was not aware they were not allowed access to the data, but it was confirmed by the WSJ despite having a slight right wing bias, tends to be ranked as having one of the least biases of major outlets and is generally considered a pretty credible institution. I’m not sure why the opinion “former intelligence officials” who have not reviewed the information either as having a credible judgement. No one ever explained what the hallmarks of Russian disinformation are. The computer shop owner attested to Hunter dropping off the laptop and failing to pay and retrieve it and provided the FBI subpoena proving they were involved, which was included in the article. And some of the content was publicly confirmed by a 3rd party formerly associated with Hunter.

Even months after the article when Hunter finally commented, he said there “could be a laptop out there that was stolen” or it he could have been “hacked”. People don’t typically their personal computers go missing without noticing. Presumably he has the ability to verify the email and whether or not he had a meeting with his father and partners. I suppose in his defense he didn’t have a great track record with sobriety which could impair memory.

And I would completely disagree that when false allegations are made, especially something to this magnitude, people ignore it. In the interest of objectivity, if we say the Laptop story should have never gone to press, how is it that the Trump Dossier received so much coverage when it wasn’t at all able to be independently confirmed? There are plenty of non-political examples of this as well.

So many stories get published that are based on hearsay, even worse anonymous hearsay. Sometimes they are corrected, often they are not. It took at least a few major outlets years to admit they were wrong despite the mounting evidence that the information provided was legitimate.

I think the problem at hand for the Team Trump and the NYP is that based on the info in the article, it really says nothing about Joe other than he *may* have met once with Hunter’s business associates which only contradicts Biden saying he never did. It proves nothing of their case. I’m sure it wasn’t turned over to the WaPo because it would reveal what’s obvious from the original article, the emails themselves are circumstantial at best.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
The computer shop owner attested to Hunter dropping off the laptop and failing to pay and retrieve it and provided the FBI subpoena proving they were involved, which was included in the article.
The computer shop owner has changed his story many times… Around the time story broke it was a person who the computer shop owner could not identify because he was legally blind who left the computer at the repair shop to repair water damage, and the shop had no contact information for its owner, and nobody ever paid for it or came to pick it up…

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
For the umpteenth time, Joe does not have cognitive disfunction. I’ve lived with a family member who had it. What some of you think you’re seeing in Joe, it isn’t it. Do better.

First, I’m sorry to hear about your family member. I too have had to experience someone close, my grandmother particularly, suffer from dementia. I know very well how hard that is. She had to live in a memory care unit for several years.

I think it’s abundantly clear that there are signs. One should not confuse my opinion with it being a demeaning commentary, as so often had been done by his political opposition. I’m have never claimed he is completely incompetent, but as an outside observer his behavior displays the symptoms of at least possible mild dementia. If you compare him now to even just 5 years ago there is a remarkably stark difference on a multitude of levels.

For the past 10+ worked at the one of the countries top psychiatric hospitals and research facilities in the country in neuropsychiatric medicine, including an entire program devoted to mild-moderate dementia evaluation and intervention, often dealing with some of the more complex cases where there are numerous other confounders (mental illnesses, learning disabilities, TBI’s, pre-existing personality abnormalities, etc).

I mention this only to say I have some experience of this topic, but of course I could be entirely wrong. Obviously one can’t diagnose someone watching them on TV, but one can certainly speculate- like the speculation that Trump has NPD or Kanye West is not mentally stable. And in my opinion there is enough evidence to raise concerns.

I debated many on the right in 2016 that the (ridiculous) concerns about Hillary Clinton’s health were totally unfounded. I’ve stated here the effects Fetterman’s stroke doesn’t necessarily mean he unfit for the job. I have talked at length about the indications and dangers of Trump’s narcissistic traits/PD, but also found the claims of him having dementia having virtually no basis. And for the record, I’m not a fan of any of the aforementioned people.

I don’t make assessments of people based on their political affiliation or what I think of them personally or whether they like me or not or whatever. Healthcare would be pretty dismal if providers couldn’t separate their own feelings from the patient.

We can disagree on this. That’s entirely fine. And neither of our opinions have any significance. And frankly, given the choice between a mild-mod impaired Biden and Kamala Harris, I think I would taken Biden. And Biden over the toxicity that is Trump.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
And I would completely disagree that when false allegations are made, especially something to this magnitude, people ignore it.
But this is demonstrably false. It doesn’t matter whether you agree or not. Failure to deny something is not a tacit admission. It never has been. Hillary never denied running a sex trafficking ring from a pizza parlor basement. Why should she? But it’s obviously not true.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Okay, I was not aware they were not allowed access to the data, but it was confirmed by the WSJ despite having a slight right wing bias, tends to be ranked as having one of the least biases of major outlets and is generally considered a pretty credible institution.
You know that the WSJ and the NY Post have the same owner, right? That doesn’t count as independent verification.

But I’m interested: when did the WSJ verify it? I cannot find the article. Care to link it?

Much of the other verification you mentioned happened long after the NY Post’s Twitter account was reinstated... so consider that when you consider Twitter’s original decision.

At least read the Wikipedia page on this before posting any more about it. How can we discuss this rationally when so much false information is being posted?

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I have to admit that I have not been following the issue of Hunter Biden and his laptop because it's obviously just a political move by the GOP to embarass/weaken Joe Biden. They pretend to be so outraged by Hunter possibly taking advantage of his father's position, or by Joe possibly helping him, yet they are okay or only perfunctorily upset with Trump's many outrageous statements and criminality and the benefits accrued to his children, which needn't be enumerated here. If Hunter did something illegal, the appropriate district attorney should investigate. It doesn't appear to rise to the importance of a Congressional inquiry and it's all very reminiscent of the Banghazi hearings, which two Republicans admitted were just to go after Hillary.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
He’s delusional.

First off, I would be remiss to say it was a totally inappropriate decision for Twitter and other social media outlets to have banned the NYP article. I think it was fairly evident the Biden laptop data was not Russian disinformation and most of the media took no action to actually verify its authenticity. And Hunter or his representatives never denied it was his which would probably be the first thing to happen if it was fake.

That said, the argument to say Trump requires a mulligan or the censorship altered the outcome is ridiculous. I’m pretty sure most of society was well aware of the NYP article- a perfect example of the Streisand effect. IIRC correctly there was very, very little at that moment to suggest Joe Biden was involved in corrupt business dealings. And we still are far from a conclusive answer on that.

I think it’s pretty clear Hunter Biden is a con man who used his dad’s name to profit, among many other flaws. I wouldn’t put him to con his own father. I have concerns about the cognitive functioning of Joe… as do many on the right, but usually to a more extreme view motivated by partisanship. If we accept the Fox News opinion he is completely and totally senile and has been for years, how is he has also been functioning as a financial criminal mastermind?

I’m pretty sure most people overwhelmingly had their minds made up about who to vote for in 2020. And even if Biden did have some shady business dealings, I can’t imagine it would have made much difference when you look at the dirty business and financial history and all the related allegations of Trump and his companies. As if Trump is the pinnacle of above board, squeaky clean business.
What in the world do Hunter Biden's laptop and business dealings have to do with an ex-President, who is reportedly still the front-runner for the 2024 GOP nomination, calling for suspension of the Constitution? You may as well have brought up Hillary Clinton's emails while you were at it. Ironically, the Constitution that gives Trump the right to write what he did is the very document he proposes to ignore and terminate.

In a subsequent post, you say “(Neither) of our opinions have any significance.” I disagree. Opinions matter, as do individual votes. Collectively, the willingness of millions of people to accept and not question whatever Trump says and does is highly problematic. I'm sure many Republicans will claim they either didn't read Trump's post or that he shouldn't be taken at face value, but the absence of unequivocal, loud condemnation is as dangerous as approval.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2