Trump says throw out the Constitution

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A former president saying we should throw out the constitution. And he bases that on a lie. He wanted to steal an election, now he’s clearly stating the constitution should be tossed. He also said to take people’s guns first and give them due process later, but people forgot that.

Anyways, lying about something and then saying to hell with the constitution to get your way. And people still defend this grifter!

I remember when post-9/11 Fox News would literally call you un-American if you sung the national anthem out of tune. Now their guy is lying about elections and telling his people the constitution should be ignored, and you get weak-ass responses from these “patriots”. Where are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz panicking, the same two nimrods who can’t go a breath without uttering the word “constitution”?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
A former president saying we should throw out the constitution. And he bases that on a lie. He wanted to steal an election, now he’s clearly stating the constitution should be tossed. He also said to take people’s guns first and give them due process later, but people forgot that.

Anyways, lying about something and then saying to hell with the constitution to get your way. And people still defend this grifter!

I remember when post-9/11 Fox News would literally call you un-American if you sung the national anthem out of tune. Now their guy is lying about elections and telling his people the constitution should be ignored, and you get weak-ass responses from these “patriots”. Where are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz panicking, the same two nimrods who can’t go a breath without uttering the word “constitution”?
I’m a couple of days behind on my news but:

Republican leaders remain mostly silent about the Malignancy’s self serving suggestion that the Constitution be suspended. On one hand Republicans are staring into the Abyss, but even at this, they can’t condem him and call for criminal penalties like they would if he was a Democrat. As the GOP ponders, what about STUPID back home who vote for me??

Their unworthiness (back home and in office) is amplified by their inability to strike out against the obvious in our face danger Trump represents, because they somehow imagine the outcome of this tragedy in the making to be personally advantageous if they can hold on.

The GOP is far down this path. Besides the river of lies for political advantage, they‘ve been entertaining the undermining of the Constitution for 7 years now, just fooling their base and themselves that down is up, corrupting the system, trying to fool the dummies about wrongs that never happened to appease them, while actively diminishing civil liberties at both the State and Federal level.

Is suspending the Constitution a bridge too far? It might be for today, but give it some more time. Let’s see how long we let Trump’s cancer spread without him facing jail time. Note that with the trial of the Trump Corporation, jail could be on the horizon, but that is far from certain. With Jan6 convictions, the pawns are being punished, when will the Ring Leader see Justice?

What stops this? Hopefully a majority that says FUCK YOU ASS HOLES and actively steps up, resists, and pushes back against this malfeasance. The wild card in all of this are the STUPID and gullible back home. Just how sheeply are they?

This is an historic power struggle rooted in our collective morality. The latest iteration, this Trump period seems like living a nightmarish fantasy, where you almost can’t believe what you are seeing and hearing. This can’t be real can it? It is just the latest of more of the same, but more outlandish, more severe and damaging, the fight for our souls (not a Christianity ref) is ongoing.

For comparison, in Nazi Germany as the tide turned towards fascism, there were enough who fell in with the Devil, with the same kind of motivations, to make it succeed for a time, long enough to destroy the country, In the US we are not there yet, but you should be able to recognize the established dynamic of hypocrisy, lieing, corruption and fooling STUPID for perceived political advantage.

The GOP should have died (or changed) in the 60s, but there was a lot of pushback that revealed an underlying sentiment against real civil rights for all citizens of all colors, against LGBTQ, those who desire a Christian Theocracy, and the real problem, there were/are some whites who percieve that in a real mixing pot of a country, they would not necessarily continue to call the shots.

How will it end? Stay tuned (not to my rants, just keep breathing and we’ll experience it together. ;))

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The last and only time they denounced trumps stupidity was when he sided with Putin. they have never stood up to him since. I guess their backbones vanished one shot wonders all of the GOP.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The last and only time they denounced trumps stupidity was when he sided with Putin. they have never stood up to him since. I guess their backbones vanished one shot wonders all of the GOP.
It amazes me that they (GOP leadership) some of them think they can say the election was stolen and just leave it lay there as if that is all they need to do, as if this will satisfy their base who will continue to vote for them, maintaining a peaceful status quo.

Where in some circles the idea if substantiated (even if it is not just asserted) is grounds for a Revolution. This is what we saw on 6Jan 2021, and we have reports that Trump was pacing with glee, in anticipation that the insurrection he instigated, and some evidence he coordinated with Proud Boys though intermediaries (Trump SOP) gleeful of a new outcome to the election as if he thought It would be that easy. This man, knows how to manipulate his suckers while being an Evil Outlaw Idiot.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It amazes me that they (GOP leadership) some of them think they can say the election was stolen and just leave it lay there as if that is all they need to do, as if this will satisfy their base who will continue to vote for them, maintaining a peaceful status quo.
well its worked with their base so far. not well but it has convinced millions. my wife's parents have fallen for this bullshit so bad.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
He must be having a s**t fit right now after hearing the Trump Organization was found guilty on all counts of tax fraud, 17 in total.

1670361922756.png

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The lack of outrage from the right on this is pissing me off. The dude clearly said it. Of course, his soldiers claimed he didn’t mean what he clearly meant, and then Trump tried backtracking - by basically repeating himself and not backtracking at all.

Redo the election, declare me the winner, “rule” my candidates the winner…. He says all this garbage, all the time, and the GOP can barely muster anything close to a condemnation. “There’s no basis for overthrowing the constitution” is not a good answer or condemnation. They’re pretending he’s a drunk grandpa talking to himself when he’s the leader of their party and a former freaking president who’s running again.

How can someone on the record for overthrowing the constitution be sworn in again if anyone takes that stuff remotely seriously?

Top Bottom
1 2