Trump sues everyone - demands to be back on social media

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
If they let Trump back on Twitter, I will voluntarily just delete my own account from that platform.

MyTwitter feed has been a somewhat more reasonable thing to scroll through ever since Trump was banned. For one thing the professional news media accounts that are most of what I follow don't get to lay back and just retweet his tweets any more. A real blessing.

They should stick to their original stance, even if elected president again, he's banned for life. Trump was never skinny, but he doesn't appear obese in 1990s photos. I can't imagine he'll be feeling like running in any sense of the word by 2024.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
even if elected president again,

Geez... don't paint the devil on the wall. Trump's not a big reader but he like pictures lol.

Anyway the megadonors of the GOP may not know or agree yet on whom they want for their ticket in 2024, but they know they don't want Trump. Why? Because they already got what they're going to get in tax breaks... and in the rollback of regulations they may have found onerous.

Meanwhile more ordinary Americans have awakened to the fact that the top tier doesn't think in the same way about a lot of stuff (including climate change, clean air and water, wildlife habitats and restful vacation spots) as a growing majority of the rest of us do, so the Trump era of massive deregulation itself ground to a halt in 2020. We might disagree going forward on how to make things work for us and the planet, but we know what Trump and the petrodollar lobby were up to did not portend a viable future.​

And big biz does not like all the pot-stirring Trump did every day when he picked up his tweetbox. The markets run on best guesses but there's a limit to how much uncertainty it actually enjoys and for how long. Trump played at the margins of those too often. So one by one the big donors gonna step up and say something like very-big-bucks GOP donor Ken Griffin did the other day:

In a discussion at the Economic Club of Chicago, hedge fund manager Ken Griffin tore into Trump as “pointlessly divisive,” according to comments reported by Bloomberg. He said that it was time for the country to move past the former president.

That struck me as more of a suggestion to Ronna McDaniel (and the rest of the still pro-Trump RNC and GOP state committee chairs) than as a message to Donald Trump. I mean Griffin didn't even give anything to Trump himself in the 2020 campaign. But he laid out sixty million bucks for Republican candidates.

Top Bottom
1 2