Truth Social launching tomorrow?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
They are not called investors they are called suckers.

Well it would appear that that's what the SEC is trying to figure out, or rather whether in the process of gathering up suckers, the people and so the corporate entities involved have broken any laws.

Not sure why their investigation is taking so long to unravel any mysteries. On the other hand the lawyers that write up the charter for any SPAC probably have a profound affinity for doublespeak squared. Still, the ground rules for SPACs are pretty straightforward. Either the SPAC comes up with a credible purchase of some kind of going concern by the deadline (usually a couple years) or the investors get their money back with interest.​

Meanwhile DWAC, the SPAC outfit trying to take Truth Social public, closed down 11% today (but that better than being down 14% before trading opened) after the announcement of those two execs departing. Unsurprising, considering that those two guys are apparently the ones with actual oversight on technical aspects of the Truth Social platform's implementation, and given that the thing seems to be way behind the curve dealing with a "wait list" of users.

mr_roboto

Site Champ
Reaction score
Huge fan of Musk the inventor of Tesla, just can't stand Musk the social media pariah.
Musk didn't invent Tesla, he just bought the company and pushed the main founder/inventor out with a noncompete / nondisparagement agreement so he could safely use the press to insinuate that he was the big idea guy instead of just a moneyman. That's pretty much what he does, he's not a real engineer no matter how much he tries to sell himself as one.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
An inventor isn't necessarily an engineer, there's invention in how a company is taken to market, how you acquire funding, product designs, manufacturing processes, business models, etc. Eberhard had a number of missteps early in the company's history, I don't know that they would've survived without Musk, so I'd agree it's really more of a "re-invention" :)

At the end of the day - and not to take this too far into the weeds - if the resulting shakeup lead the industry to where is it today (Musk bro-er-y aside ...), with massive worldwide push for the adoption of electric vehicles, I think the net result was a win for the planet. :cool:

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank God he can't run for president, really wish people like this would just stay in their lane.

Twitter has gone to shit anyway, giving Musk a voice at the table will just make it worse.
Elon Musk Twitter Stock.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Yeah, we really milked that meme for all its worth ...

We need a groan emoticon... but yeah, the Devin Nunes Cow on Twitter (and some spinoffs) were hilarious back in the day. I guess some of them are still out and about, but I long ago pared my Twitter follows back to a pretty dull if useful set of media outlet landing pages. Glad he's moved on to something a little further removed from politics than a seat in the House, even if he's still clearly a Trump sycophant.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
We need a groan emoticon... but yeah, the Devin Nunes Cow on Twitter (and some spinoffs) were hilarious back in the day. I guess some of them are still out and about, but I long ago pared my Twitter follows back to a pretty dull if useful set of media outlet landing pages. Glad he's moved on to something a little further removed from politics than a seat in the House, even if he's still clearly a Trump sycophant.
😫

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Musk didn't invent Tesla, he just bought the company and pushed the main founder/inventor out with a noncompete / nondisparagement agreement so he could safely use the press to insinuate that he was the big idea guy instead of just a moneyman. That's pretty much what he does, he's not a real engineer no matter how much he tries to sell himself as one.

Hold up. Are you telling me the guy behind being a middle man between credit card payments and online sellers doesn’t have the same skillset required to terraform Mars? That totally defies the universal law of yadda yadda yadda.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Poor Devin Nunes. The good news is he no longer represents California in the US House.
Any dumbass who left their job to work for Trump and gets screwed has asked for it. It's like working for Bernie Madoff after you learned about the Ponzi scheme.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

lizkat

Reaction score
Any dumbass who left their job to work for Trump and gets screwed has asked for it. It's like working for Bernie Madoff after you learned about the Ponzi scheme.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

It's rather sickening to remember that Nunes was appointed by the House Speaker Boehner in 2015 to chair the House Select Committe on Intelligence, and thus oversaw the House investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. On the other hand he ended up severely criticized by members of both parties for his conduct of that task. Some of what he learned or did with what he learned during that timeframe remains murky, probably because the information in question was and may still be classified.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Interesting read from someone who spent a month on the platform

Scary stuff, people like that are on the fringe and it seems like Trump isn't finished giving them a platform. Best thing anyone sane (on either side) can do is stay TF away from these people, online or elsewhere, they're flat out dangerous.

Top Bottom
1 2