Tucker goes out on the racism limb and falls off.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
On a related note, people primarily watch Tucker Carlson because they have a low IQ, not only because they are racist.
On a related observation, they did seem to intentionally put this on the streaming portion of the network. As if it would be less offensive, and not seen as tied to the Faux News Network.

None of that was a surprise. What would have been something is if it ran on primetime on the network.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
A few years ago before I really knew about Tucker I got his book on audible because I wanted to hear some opposing views outside my usual progressive echo chamber. At first it wasn't completely insane sounding, mostly just expansion on usual conservative talking points, but then it started going off the rails with his race theories and that's when I stopped listening. I think it was quite intentional he didn't open with that, very "If you are with me so far then check out this crazy shit." Hitler followed a similar path once he was elected to office.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
From the article 🤣

“Tucker Carlson is a white supremacist.

If you say the word “diversity” in the mirror five times, Tucker Carlson will emerge from the all-white-everything dimension holding a meat cleaver and wearing a wool suit fashioned from a Klan robe and he’ll attack and drag you back with him to white nationalist hell—which, as far as I can tell, is Cracker Barrel.”

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Assume for a second that they're right that a few points in assessed IQ make a significant difference in some agreed upon measure of success. If this is the case, you could test his hypothesis by actually controlling for age, race, and other factors, then tracking whether IQ is strongly associated with economic mobility after controlling for other factors. If he's going to make a statement about race and IQ, he should actually control for such factors, as the statement claims to be about IQ, making race merely a confounding variable. Even if they could show an association there, I doubt it's even possible to find strong evidence of a causal link, and even if you could find one, you should be careful with it, as jackasses with audiences would abuse it.

Regarding personal bias, I too have a personal bias. I think these guys are a pair of vile fuckwits, who like to use likely unprovable proxy arguments.

U

User.45

Assume for a second that they're right that a few points in assessed IQ make a significant difference in some agreed upon measure of success. If this is the case, you could test his hypothesis by actually controlling for age, race, and other factors, then tracking whether IQ is strongly associated with economic mobility after controlling for other factors. If he's going to make a statement about race and IQ, he should actually control for such factors, as the statement claims to be about IQ, making race merely a confounding variable. Even if they could show an association there, I doubt it's even possible to find strong evidence of a causal link, and even if you could find one, you should be careful with it, as jackasses with audiences would abuse it.

Regarding personal bias, I too have a personal bias. I think these guys are a pair of vile fuckwits, who like to use likely unprovable proxy arguments.
Jensen did it...the grandpa of scientific racism, contested by Flynn (of Flynn effect). The most important thing is...those perceived ingroup to those assembling and administering the IQ test will do better on it than outgroups. I'm reading the book Caste from Isabel Wilkerson dissecting this structure of lower castes on a molecular level. She doesn't get into IQ just the concept ensuring intellectual superiority signaled on every level to justify ones place in the caste system.

We need to bust this lower IQ thing for good. IQ is only useful to measure pathology, potential difficulties with tasks, not to measure superiority. It's like the intellectual version of measuring dicks. Men use these measurements for the same reasons whereas in real life they hardly matter much and are completely irrelevant in the context of lack of effort.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Jensen did it...the grandpa of scientific racism, contested by Flynn (of Flynn effect). The most important thing is...those perceived ingroup to those assembling and administering the IQ test will do better on it than outgroups. I'm reading the book Caste from Isabel Wilkerson dissecting this structure of lower castes on a molecular level. She doesn't get into IQ just the concept ensuring intellectual superiority signaled on every level to justify ones place in the caste system.

That ingroup is effectively a confounding variable. It's not clear that a random sampling of such an ingroup would lead to IQ as a strong predictor of "success", which once again has to be quantified. Jackass one and Jackass two are also quibbling over a small enough margin that one person could be right at the population mean and the other at that difference would still be considered "average" in either direction.

We need to bust this lower IQ thing for good. IQ is only useful to measure pathology, potential difficulties with tasks, not to measure superiority.

I was actually aware of that, although I didn't mention it here. Even if this wasn't the case, I would still take issue with using it for any kind of disenfranchisement.

It's like the intellectual version of measuring dicks. Men use these measurements for the same reasons whereas in real life they hardly matter much and are completely irrelevant in the context of lack of effort.

That's actually easier to quantify as long as you can agree upon where the measurement begins and ends. It seems like it would be an awkward moment though if the group has any outliers.

What? You ain't ever ate no chicken fried steak slathered in fatback before? Well, bless your heart...

My preferred food types are pretty un-American, with the exception of pizza (noting that the American version does not resemble the Italian version). I even prefer the real version of Chinese food.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

We need to bust this lower IQ thing for good. IQ is only useful to measure pathology, potential difficulties with tasks, not to measure superiority. It's like the intellectual version of measuring dicks. Men use these measurements for the same reasons whereas in real life they hardly matter much and are completely irrelevant in the context of lack of effort.

This reminds me of a podcast I heard on the LSAT. The higher the score the more likely you are to get into the top law schools and from those you are more likely to get into the big law firms who largely hire on scholastic nepotism above all else. First, the test is more like a lightning round of general questions which is far removed from the realities of the legal profession that is filled with a lot of long hour tedious detail work. Doing well on the test doesn’t say you are going to be a good lawyer in practice. Then there is no proof that people who pass through that top tier are actually better lawyers. There are plenty of examples of that not being the case while other lawyers who did the bare minimum to become a lawyer have a matching or better track record as those at the top firms.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's actually easier to quantify as long as you can agree upon where the measurement begins and ends. It seems like it would be an awkward moment though if the group has any outliers.

This made my mind wander to a scene in Silicon Valley where somebody in a group of engineers and programmers made a passing comment about giving everybody in an audience a handjob so they would vote them the winners of a contest. Next thing you know they’ve busted out a whiteboard to scientifically figure out the most efficient way to give everybody in the audience a handjob, like stroke angles, speed, and using both hands.

U

User.45

That ingroup is effectively a confounding variable. It's not clear that a random sampling of such an ingroup would lead to IQ as a strong predictor of "success", which once again has to be quantified. Jackass one and Jackass two are also quibbling over a small enough margin that one person could be right at the population mean and the other at that difference would still be considered "average" in either direction.
This was done, the IQ of African Americans significantly jumped when the test was assembled and administered by Blacks.
The actual predictor of success is emotional intelligence (EQ). Suspect Fucker didn't mention that part, as he himself is either deficient, or just a sociopath. I'll also say Fucker was born into money (frozen food empire) and media (father was a TV reporter...a severely transphobic one). So he neither accrued money nor fame on his own IQ. He has super mediocre credentials anyway

I was actually aware of that, although I didn't mention it here. Even if this wasn't the case, I would still take issue with using it for any kind of disenfranchisement.
For shizzle. Again caste issues. If you grab kids and tell them they are intellectually inferior, they'll start performing poorly. So when Fucker pulls shit like this, he isn't a stupid person with greed and an oversized megaphone. He becomes my personal enemy by trying to hold my people down.

The measurement will start wherever the dominant cast's size will look better.

This reminds me of a podcast I heard on the LSAT. The higher the score the more likely you are to get into the top law schools and from those you are more likely to get into the big law firms who largely hire on scholastic nepotism above all else. First, the test is more like a lightning round of general questions which is far removed from the realities of the legal profession that is filled with a lot of long hour tedious detail work. Doing well on the test doesn’t say you are going to be a good lawyer in practice. Then there is no proof that people who pass through that top tier are actually better lawyers. There are plenty of examples of that not being the case while other lawyers who did the bare minimum to become a lawyer have a matching or better track record as those at the top firms.
Medicine has the same, but IMHO rougher. Your MCAT score will predict how well you'll do on USMLE Step 1 (a 7 hour exam), and Step 1 was a major (filtering) factor in residency placements, because it's an excellent predictor of board exam passing chances.

U

User.45

This made my mind wander to a scene in Silicon Valley where somebody in a group of engineers and programmers made a passing comment about giving everybody in an audience a handjob so they would vote them the winners of a contest. Next thing you know they’ve busted out a whiteboard to scientifically figure out the most efficient way to give everybody in the audience a handjob, like stroke angles, speed, and using both hands.
That was hands down (pun intended) the funniest stuff on that series. I literally cried laughing the first time I saw it.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
our favorite racist idiot and confessed liar is at it again.

Tucker Carlson Claims White People Face COVID-19 Treatment Discrimination​

Tucker Carlson dedicated the opening segment of his Monday evening show to a spectacular misrepresentation of government guidelines concerning COVID-19 therapeutics, attempting to convince his audience that white people are facing discrimination.
The eight-minute segment contained a number of whoppers, among them that “nobody seemed to care” about white people who had to wait for vaccines in early 2021 because the shots were prioritized for the elderly and essential workers. Carlson spouted the lie that “whites would go last in the COVID vaccine queue regardless of need.” But vaccines were less the focus of his rant, perhaps because most people know they have been widely available across the nation since spring. Instead, the Fox host homed in on therapeutics ― drugs that can help a person recover more quickly from COVID-19 illness.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
From the article 🤣

“Tucker Carlson is a white supremacist.

If you say the word “diversity” in the mirror five times, Tucker Carlson will emerge from the all-white-everything dimension holding a meat cleaver and wearing a wool suit fashioned from a Klan robe and he’ll attack and drag you back with him to white nationalist hell—which, as far as I can tell, is Cracker Barrel.”
Even funnier is calling it Fox Noose.

Top Bottom
1 2