Two Sheriff Deputies were shot in the head in Compton

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It’s crazy season out there. On the one side you’ve got apologists looking the other way when racist cops summarily kill black people. On the other, you’ve got extremists executing random cops. WTF, people?? 😮

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
We should be taking a stand against this as much as we do the killing of innocent people. Sounds like it was an attempted execution.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1304975604886904833/

False equivalence. You will not see anyone defending the shooter. No professional org asking about the victims' possible past misdeeds. If he is caught, he will not be paid while the crime is investigated. Indeed, when LE catches up with him, he'll likely face summary execution. Let's just hope bystanders or misidentified persons don't get caught up in the response.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
‘We Hope They Die’

Protesters cheer a shooting ambush of sheriff’s deputies in L.A.

No one other than the shooter is responsible for the gunfire ambush Saturday of two Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies as they sat in their patrol car. But the same can’t be said for the protesters who blocked the entrance to the hospital where the two are being treated, and chanted “we hope they die.” The latter is a cultural poison nurtured by the left-wing anti-police movement sweeping the country.

The two deputies were “ambushed by a gunman in a cowardly fashion” in the Compton neighborhood, said Sheriff Alex Villaneuva at a press conference. The deputies hadn’t been identified by name as we write this, but press reports say one is a 31-year-old mother and the other a 24-year-old man. Both have been with the department a little more than a year.

Police haven’t identified a suspect, but the randomness of the ambush suggests someone looking for any available police target. We’ve seen this before when anti-police fever is hot. A gunman shot and killed two officers in their car in New York in 2014 following the death of black suspects being arrested in Ferguson, Mo., and New York.

The protests are worse this year following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, and the anti-police violence is more widespread. An officer was stabbed in the neck in Flatbush in New York City in an ambush in June. The officer survived.

Policing reform is impossible amid a war on police. Mr. Garcetti and other mayors should abandon their cuts to law-enforcement budgets and express regular solidarity for cops on the beat. Without such a signal, police will continue to retreat from enforcing the law in crime-ridden neighborhoods, and those who suffer most will be the law-abiding in the likes of Compton and Flatbush.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
Freedom of speech allows them to chant “we hope they die” Doesn’t allow them to block access to hospitals though. How would they like it if it was a family member, their son, father, mother, daughter, sibling, etc being rushed by ambulance to the hospital? That shooter should have saved his anger and taken it out on Derek Chauvin, or a cop/someone committing a violent crime, not 2 cops peacefully sitting in their police vehicle..

My heart goes out to the families. A 31 year old mother and a 24 year old man (same age as me)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The anti-mask protestors also blocked entry to hospitals.
If this were treated like other killings, the press would be investigating the two dead officers to find out about their past. Because one should always blame the victim, right?

We are living in an unhealthy world.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
The anti-mask protestors also blocked entry to hospitals.
If this were treated like other killings, the press would be investigating the two dead officers to find out about their past. Because one should always blame the victim, right?

We are living in an unhealthy world.
I believe that on page 27 section 6-9 that it only applies to black people. BUT on page 32 section 8-7 it clarifies that mostly republicans do that.

In all seriousness, valid observation, I hate it when people bring up someone’s past as if that justifies the actions of present. When you argue that police aren’t suppose to be the jury and executioner, they choke and go silent.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
People have lost faith in the police to do their job fairly and professionally.

The police believe they're being targeted and hunted, and feel they're fighting for their lives, always on the defensive.

Various 3rd parties are now joining in on the action, involving themselves on one side or the other for whatever various bullshit political reason.

Paranoia is rife, and everyone believes themselves to be right.

All I can say for a fact is that this is gonna get so, so much worse than what we're seeing now. It doesn't matter which side you're ultimately on, the objective fact is that our country is slowly eating away at itself away from the inside out.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
People have lost faith in the police to do their job fairly and professionally.

The police believe they're being targeted and hunted
, and feel they're fighting for their lives, always on the defensive.

Various 3rd parties are now joining in on the action, involving themselves on one side or the other for whatever various bullshit political reason.

Paranoia is rife, and everyone believes themselves to be right.

All I can say for a fact is that this is gonna get so, so much worse than what we're seeing now. It doesn't matter which side you're ultimately on, the objective fact is that our country is slowly eating away at itself away from the inside out.

Agreed. Fairly and professionalism has gone out the window with police departments in major cities. I still have confidence in my local PD, although there's 1 cop I'm not a fan of. I can't say if it was a lack of judgement or he's a piece of shit. I hope its the former.

As far as the 2nd line I bolded, that appears to be exactly what happened in Compton. If I was a cop and I hear of two cops being shot in the head while sitting in their cruiser, I would be uneasy. Like I said, my outrage is directed at cops that kneel on people until they lose control of their bowels and bladder and ultimately die.
My anger is directed at cops in NY that use a choke hold even after the suspect has been restrained and then kill the suspect.
My anger is at the cops that chuckle and ignore the words I CAN’T BREATH like it's a hoax.
My anger and disgust is directed at police departments that employ cops with numerous complaints against them (18+ complaints against Chauvin, but let's keep him on payroll)
My disgust is with the unions that stand behind thugs wearing a badge and justify their actions.
As I've said before, you can be the greatest cop, help out the homeless, save a suicidal person from jumping, etc, but if you stand behind a coworker and don't speak up when you see that coworker doing dirty work, you are complicit, and you are a piece of shit (maybe not the same level of scum, but backing scum makes you scum as well.

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Racist cops started this. Extremists on both sides have inflamed this. Renz is right, this is a clusterfuck and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

And Christ, it's amazing those two cops are even alive. They didn't deserve this, and sadly from the description and the video I don't hold out much hope the shooter is caught. ☹

And I realize protesters have the right to free speech, but hoping the cops die? Those protesters can go directly to hell.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
If I was a cop and I hear of two cops being shot in the head while sitting in their cruiser, I would be uneasy.

Indeed they all will and rightly so. It’s a reminder not to stay stationary in a car any longer than necessary. Finish business and move to safer positions.

My heart goes out to these deputies, their families, teammates, and friends.

U

User.45

Agreed. Fairly and professionalism has gone out the window with police departments in major cities. I still have confidence in my local PD, although there's 1 cop I'm not a fan of. I can't say it it was a lack of judgement or he's a piece of shit. I hope its the former.

As far as the 2nd line I bolded, that appears to be exactly what happened in Compton. If I was a cop and I hear of two cops being shot in the head while sitting in their cruiser, I would be uneasy. Like I said, my outrage is directed at cops that kneel on people until they lose control of their bowels and bladder and ultimately die.
My anger is directed at cops in NY that use a choke hold even after the suspect has been restrained and then kill the suspect.
My anger is at the cops that chuckle and ignore the words I CAN"T BREATH like it's a hoax.
My anger and disgust is directed at police departments that employ cops with numerous complaints against them (18+ complaints against Chauvin, but let's keep him on payroll)
My disgust is with the unions that stand behind thugs wearing a badge and justify their actions.
As I've said before, you can be the greatest cop, help out the homeless, save a suicidal person from jumping, etc, but if you stand behind a coworker and don't speak up when you see that coworker doing dirty work, you are complicit, and you are a piece of shit (maybe not the same level of scum, but backing scum makes you scum as well.

Compton has issues...:
Days after Austreberto Gonzalez anonymously reported a fellow Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy to internal affairs for assaulting a colleague behind the parking lot of the Compton station, a text popped up on his phone.

It was a photo of graffiti scrawled on a dial pad at the station’s parking lot entrance: “ART IS A RAT,” it read.

It was one of the first instances of retaliation that continued for months, exacted by the Executioners, a band of deputies with matching tattoos that wields vast power at the Compton station, he alleged in a claim filed against Los Angeles County. The claim says the group — sporting tattoos of a skull with Nazi imagery and an AK-47 — celebrates deputy shootings and the induction of new members with “inking parties.”

In recent years, the claim says, its members were involved in setting illegal arrest quotas and threatening work slowdowns — which involve ignoring or responding slowly to calls — when they did not get preferred assignments.

The allegations have revived long-standing concerns that inked deputy groups — with monikers such as the Spartans, Regulators, Grim Reapers and Banditos — operate out of several Sheriff’s Department stations and represent what many in the community see as criminal gangs within law enforcement. The existence of such fraternities has sparked multiple internal investigations and recently a federal probe by the FBI, but the groups have remained entrenched, with many civil liberties advocates accusing the Sheriff’s Department of turning a blind eye.

“We have a gang here that has grown to the point where it dominates every aspect of life at the Compton station,” said Alan Romero, an attorney representing Gonzalez in the claim, which is a precursor to a lawsuit. “It essentially controls scheduling, the distribution of informant tips, and assignments to deputies in the station with preference shown to members of the gang as well as prospects.”

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Holy 😳 shit. Let me highlight part of that again...

The allegations have revived long-standing concerns that inked deputy groups — with monikers such as the Spartans, Regulators, Grim Reapers and Banditos — operate out of several Sheriff’s Department stations and represent what many in the community see as criminal gangs within law enforcement.

I repeat... 😳

Top Bottom
1 2