Two Sheriff Deputies were shot in the head in Compton

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
The cops decided to throw to the ground and arrest this woman who was covering the situation for LAist...

She seems really threatening, sure.....
Hey, would you want people staring at you while you were working? The police just want some privacy while they do their jobs.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Disgusting. This man was filming the police response, mocking the cops. 😡

The man narrates to the camera. 'Compton. N***** just aired the police out,' he says. That's crazy. Damn. It goes down in Compton.'

The smiling cameraman adds: 'It's going up. Somebody bust on their a**. Somebody bust on the police. Two sheriffs shot in the face. Two sheriffs shot in the face - they tripping.

'Somebody just ran up on the corner and bust on their a**, right through the window'

He then concludes, grinning: 'It's a wrap.'

U

User.45

Disgusting. This man was filming the police response, mocking the cops. 😡
Sometimes I feel that this nation is short on adults.

The kid who shoots cops in the head...
The president who calls others animals...
The cops who arrest bystanders...
The bystanders who impede life saving work and laugh at victims.

Tech amplifies all these shitty shitty behaviors, because...it's more interesting to look at toddlers acting up than being bored by grown ups.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
The sad truth though, is that these incidents happen in areas where the relationship between police & community has been intentionally run into the ground, in favor of heavy handed policing. Like we saw after Eric Garner, some unwell idiot shoots two officers who had nothing to do with heavy handed crap that area faces. I don't condone any such action, but it's even more stupid because the 'bad cops' that are responsible for crap, aren't the ones attacked. As if it's possible to double down on such stupidity.

The only thing accomplished, the cheering racists have THAT thing to crow about, while on the other end of the country there's another protest of a police shooting. That shooting seems justified, but we are at that point that police are considered already out of control. Now we have two ends thinking the other is out of control, and not a responsible soul in charge in sight to calm things.

U

User.45

The sad truth though, is that these incidents happen in areas where the relationship between police & community has been intentionally run into the ground, in favor of heavy handed policing. Like we saw after Eric Garner, some unwell idiot shoots two officers who had nothing to do with heavy handed crap that area faces. I don't condone any such action, but it's even more stupid because the 'bad cops' that are responsible for crap, aren't the ones attacked. As if it's possible to double down on such stupidity.

The only thing accomplished, the cheering racists have THAT thing to crow about, while on the other end of the country there's another protest of a police shooting. That shooting seems justified, but we are at that point that police are considered already out of control. Now we have two ends thinking the other is out of control, and not a responsible soul in charge in sight to calm things.
#Anyfunctionaladult

U

User.45

Did you guys see the movie La Haine? One of my favorite movies of all time. It's about this cycle of hate.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
You’d think all the serious talks and actions that have been taken in the areas police reform and ongoing direct dialogues with the communities over the last 4 months or so would make this kind of action less appealing. Except none of that actually happened.

Maybe when we’re done debating the justification of looting or burning down of Targets we’ll get back to that, but I doubt it. Guess we can look forward to more of these sticking it to the man with bullets episodes. If it doesn’t directly impact 7+ figure earners then its hardly an issue that will be taken seriously.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

Compton has issues...:

Thank you for posting this. I didn't have the time last night. And I'll add that the Sheriff, Alex Villanueva, should have been gone from office years ago. He's personally responsible for deplorable behavior that has cost citizens millions. I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier with the gangs in the Sheriff's office antagonizing people and every day, law-abiding citizens caught between them and the street gangs.

If the office and other area law enforcement agencies doubles down on stupidity, it'll only make matters worst.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
But are they really "rioting" about this, or should we take Ian Miles Cheong's word for it?
It seems like a totally justified shooting. Awful but this is the 21st century. We don't have to take the cop's word for it and he doesn't have need to explain much either. The video speaks for itself.

There were a handful of ruffians who gathered some junk in the street and burned it. A couple others threw some bricks. It wasn't a riot. But if you're on PRSI, pushing a dumpster down a street = a riot, so I'm pretty sure any gathering of 2 or more black people is considered a riot by the right-wing twitter mob.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
“Officers continued the use of chemical munitions in efforts to disperse the rioters as the suspects piled street signs, trash cans, a metal dumpster, a metal bike rack, pieces of plywood and a wooden pallet at the intersection of N. Prince St. and W. Chestnut St. The suspects filled the dumpster with additional trash bags, as well as the wood, and set the contents on fire.

"Officers made a total of (8) arrests related to the arson/riot outside of the Police station. The arrests were made at approximately 0300 hrs. and shortly thereafter. All suspects arrested were transported to the Lancaster Bureau of Police station for processing and to be held for arraignment. (4) of the (8) suspects are from outside of Lancaster County. (2) of the suspects were armed with handguns during the protest and riot. Those handguns were recovered by Officers after the arrests."

Police said detectives will review online video, as well as surveillance video, to identify other suspects. Additional charges are likely to be filed, police said.

The following people were arrested, according to police:

• Jamal Shariff Newman, 24, of Lancaster, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and loitering and prowling at night
  • Barry Jones, 30, of York, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Frank Gaston, 43, of Ephrata, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Yoshua Dwayne Montague, 23, of York, charged with firearms not to be carried without a license, arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Matthew Modderman, 31, of Lancaster, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Talia Gessner, 18, of York, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Kathryn Patterson, 20, of Mercersburg, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Taylor Enterline, 20, Manheim, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass

B9A8B771-E50C-4647-A154-D8F9DCC28E15.jpeg

https://www.wgal.com/article/fire-s...n-lancaster-after-man-shot-by-police/34009686

U

User.45

“Officers continued the use of chemical munitions in efforts to disperse the rioters as the suspects piled street signs, trash cans, a metal dumpster, a metal bike rack, pieces of plywood and a wooden pallet at the intersection of N. Prince St. and W. Chestnut St. The suspects filled the dumpster with additional trash bags, as well as the wood, and set the contents on fire.

"Officers made a total of (8) arrests related to the arson/riot outside of the Police station. The arrests were made at approximately 0300 hrs. and shortly thereafter. All suspects arrested were transported to the Lancaster Bureau of Police station for processing and to be held for arraignment. (4) of the (8) suspects are from outside of Lancaster County. (2) of the suspects were armed with handguns during the protest and riot. Those handguns were recovered by Officers after the arrests."

Police said detectives will review online video, as well as surveillance video, to identify other suspects. Additional charges are likely to be filed, police said.

The following people were arrested, according to police:

• Jamal Shariff Newman, 24, of Lancaster, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and loitering and prowling at night
  • Barry Jones, 30, of York, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Frank Gaston, 43, of Ephrata, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Yoshua Dwayne Montague, 23, of York, charged with firearms not to be carried without a license, arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Matthew Modderman, 31, of Lancaster, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Talia Gessner, 18, of York, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Kathryn Patterson, 20, of Mercersburg, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass
  • Taylor Enterline, 20, Manheim, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass

View attachment 459

https://www.wgal.com/article/fire-s...n-lancaster-after-man-shot-by-police/34009686
Little too much detail.:) The PD did a good job. Released the footage in a timely fashion and the shooting was justified. People need to move on, there are plenty of other justified incidences to protest.

Does Lancaster PD have a track record BTW? That may also be fuel here.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Little too much detail.:) The PD did a good job. Released the footage in a timely fashion and the shooting was justified. People need to move on, there are plenty of other justified incidences to protest.

Does Lancaster PD have a track record BTW? That may also be fuel here.
Lancaster itself? Not as big as Philly's. With Philly I am honestly surprised the city hasn't been razed. The police history there is terrifying going back to the Frank Rizzo days, and when the police got the idea to drop a bomb on a structure between two other homes. In case you ever wondered where we got "the roof. the roof is on fire." Some places have so much baggage that unless you live in those areas, you don't realize the powder kegs that have been developing for years. It's then that people are shocked by the responses and it's solely the fault of those responding.

With Rampart, that LA area has A LOT of powder kegs that have been building.

U

User.45

Lancaster itself? Not as big as Philly's. With Philly I am honestly surprised the city hasn't been razed. The police history there is terrifying going back to the Frank Rizzo days, and when the police got the idea to drop a bomb on a structure between two other homes. In case you ever wondered where we got "the roof. the roof is on fire." Some places have so much baggage that unless you live in those areas, you don't realize the powder kegs that have been developing for years. It's then that people are shocked by the responses and it's solely the fault of those responding.

With Rampart, that LA area has A LOT of powder kegs that have been building.
Yup, that's why I asked. Like Compton, man. That place has baggage.
I've been shocked about places like Baltimore and Detroit not being in flames. Those places have baggage too.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Yup, that's why I asked. Like Compton, man. That place has baggage.
I've been shocked about places like Baltimore and Detroit not being in flames. Those places have baggage too.
That's why when I see the whiners in PRSI, I cringe because it's a whining based on assuming ALL police are just like the ones they saw on TJ Hooker. These incidents don't happen in a vacuum. The idiots who take it out on officers who most likely had nothing to do with the draconian actions they may have faced in their neighborhoods, have been inspired by the "bad apples" that are protected. Everything is cyclical. It's just that when the "bad apples" do something unless it's caught on video, goes viral, and umpteen more conditions are met, MAYBE justice in the way of a firing will occur. Criminals do exactly the same behavior, and there will be cheers when they are killed with body cameras off.

U

User.45

That's why when I see the whiners in PRSI, I cringe because it's a whining based on assuming ALL police are just like the ones they saw on TJ Hooker. These incidents don't happen in a vacuum. The idiots who take it out on officers who most likely had nothing to do with the draconian actions they may have faced in their neighborhoods, have been inspired by the "bad apples" that are protected. Everything is cyclical. It's just that when the "bad apples" do something unless it's caught on video, goes viral, and umpteen more conditions are met, MAYBE justice in the way of a firing will occur. Criminals do exactly the same behavior, and there will be cheers when they are killed with body cameras off.
Remember when Seddy explained Daniel Prude's killing to us for more than a day later he admitted that he hadn't watched the video just read CNN's synopsis. He even started making hypotheses as to it was his heart that killed him. I'm still annoyed by that bullshit, esp. that he claims to be a neuroscientist but knows nothing about NMDA antagonists.

That was a great example of, for some people with very heavy implicit(?) bias it isn't enough that there's 4 angle video and corroboratory autopsy report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom
1 2