Two Sheriff Deputies were shot in the head in Compton

U

User.45

Good question. Has he said anything at all yet?
We'll learn. I'm not soaking my eye in shit (i.e. looking at his twitter) unless I have to.
I suspect he won't. He has a very clear double standard when it comes to whites crimin'.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We'll learn. I'm not soaking my eye in shit (i.e. looking at his twitter) unless I have to.
I suspect he won't. He has a very clear double standard when it comes to whites crimin'.

Alas, this is true. And the media is far too busy today covering natural disasters than the man-made disaster that is Trump.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump blocked me on Twitter, IMO the pinnacle of any achievement that will ever happen to me online. It's a very pleasant experience without being able to see his tweets.

I have him listed, cause I refuse to follow him. But it makes it easy to find something. He’s in a list titled “Ultimate Evil.”

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
With Philly I am honestly surprised the city hasn't been razed. The police history there is terrifying going back to the Frank Rizzo days, and when the police got the idea to drop a bomb on a structure between two other homes. In case you ever wondered where we got "the roof. the roof is on fire." Some places have so much baggage that unless you live in those areas, you don't realize the powder kegs that have been developing for years. It's then that people are shocked by the responses and it's solely the fault of those responding.

The bombing (by helicopter) of the row house containing the bunker occupied by MOVE in Philly was unconscionable, with the resulting fire ending up killing 11 people and destroying 65 homes. The mayor ended up "apologizing" but no criminal charges were ever brought against any city agency. Some civil suits did go to jury and resulted in awards against the city for rights violations and use of excessive force by the police.

This is the kind of thing that lingers for generations in a neighborhood's memory, even when a nation forgets about it or gratefully shoves it under the rug after 15 minutes of notoriety.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
U

User.45

This incident seems unrelated to the thread, but since you are going there, more police kill themselves (apparently on purpose) than die on the job. By a very large margin. If you factor in that about half of on duty deaths are accidental, the suicide rate becomes between three and four times as high as bad guys killing cops.
"Fun" fact too: most indicted police officers do time for assaulting/killing a former/current romantic partner.

U

User.45

This incident seems unrelated to the thread, but since you are going there, more police kill themselves (apparently on purpose) than die on the job. By a very large margin. If you factor in that about half of on duty deaths are accidental, the suicide rate becomes between three and four times as high as bad guys killing cops.

This is fascinating data:

U

User.45

The bombing (by helicopter) of the row house containing the bunker occupied by MOVE in Philly was unconscionable, with the resulting fire ending up killing 11 people and destroying 65 homes. The mayor ended up "apologizing" but no criminal charges were ever brought against any city agency. Some civil suits did go to jury and resulted in awards against the city for rights violations and use of excessive force by the police.

This is the kind of thing that lingers for generations in a neighborhood's memory, even when a nation forgets about it or gratefully shoves it under the rug after 15 minutes of notoriety.
Man. This country has baggage.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Both are about senseless violence against law enforcement.

Senseless violence between gangs, as noted in this link:

Compton has issues...:

The LASD has this ridiculous gang culture going on throughout it. To call the LEOs is shaky at best. This has been reported on years ago, but somehow they just keep it going. It is a dirty house that needs to be purged.

Now, I am not suggesting that I condone or approve of gang violence, be it Crips, Bloods or Sheriff's deputies, but we need to call this what it is.

People blame the victims of police violence because they have a record. Fair is fair. I have not heard whether the shooter was a gang member, and we may never find out if the deputies were literally part of a gang, but they were dressed like gang members.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Does Lancaster PD have a track record BTW? That may also be fuel here.

Lancaster does have a record of police brutality, especially excessive force; I recall a Black man unnecessarily being tased by officers even though he was seated on the curb and posing no threat. One of the "rioters" arrested is a local activist known by the police, and I'd be interested in any video proving the charges against her. Not holding my breath. The criminal justice system there is wacky. LEOs get off scot-free with overwhelming evidence against, while protestors face a plethora of charges and bail set at $1million, clearly unconstitutional and trying to make an example of police reform advocates. :mad:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Irrelevant.

It seems like it might be relevant, depending on what we’re discussing. Is this initiation into a gang and we can expect more shootings from members of that gang? Are the police in a gang and this is a killing by a rival gang? Did they have some kind of disagreement within their own gang?

Nothing excuses the shooting, but knowing why it happened could help find the shooter and inform how to defend against future shootings.

U

User.45

It seems like it might be relevant, depending on what we’re discussing. Is this initiation into a gang and we can expect more shootings from members of that gang? Are the police in a gang and this is a killing by a rival gang? Did they have some kind of disagreement within their own gang?

Nothing excuses the shooting, but knowing why it happened could help find the shooter and inform how to defend against future shootings.
Based on the body proportions, the shooter looked like a kid. 5'7" tops, probably less. Proportions child-like too.

Irrelevant.
Disagree.

Top Bottom
1 2