Ultima Online

Reaction score
Any other 30 year old boomers like me play this game back in the late 90s/early oughts? There is a new server coming up to replicate an older era of the game and it sounds like it should be a blast.

U

User.45

Any other 30 year old boomers like me play this game back in the late 90s/early oughts? There is a new server coming up to replicate an older era of the game and it sounds like it should be a blast.
I was into Lands of Lore and Might and Magic...also Morrowind. It would be interesting to try this.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I dunno why I'm so surprised that UO is still up and running. I fired up an Everquest account here a couple years ago, and it's about the same age as it.

Reaction score
It is on a freeshard or player run server. There are a whole host of them but this one is going to be fresh and fairly populous at launch. The other great thing is the game has changed over years in an attempt to be more WOW like and this one brings it back to its roots.

www.game-master.net is the website, it certainly looks like something out of the early 2000s. The ClassicUO client works on Mac if you are into that sort of thing.

I dunno why I'm so surprised that UO is still up and running. I fired up an Everquest account here a couple years ago, and it's about the same age as it.

I recently gave the new EQ 1 TLP server Mischief a go but just couldn't get into it.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I recently gave the new EQ 1 TLP server Mischief a go but just couldn't get into it.

It was a big nostalgia trip for me. Got an old friend who I used to play it with involved, and we played on one of the classic progression servers for a couple of weeks, all the way up to Kunark.

It was fun, but I don't think I have time or inclination to sink into an MMO anymore.

Top Bottom
1 2