UncleTim is Trending on Twitter after Tim Scott Explains America is NOT a Racist Country

P_X

Captain
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

This is quite an ambivalent thing here and I'm not sure how to feel about it.
Yet again, it's really really awkward that Tim Scott is like the only Black conservative that has to come out and explain that Democrats are the racists and when I look at the GOP, there's 1 black senator and 2 black representatives in the House. If I were him, I'd feel really really really weird about being the Black guy who "debunks" claims of racism. If I were in his situation I'd think about if my platform has a representation of African Americans that is 10th of what is expected (3 vs around 33 based on demographics), that happens for a reason. I'd also think about how friggin awkward it is to be THE main debunker of myths, when if there weren't major issues, there would be other people who could take a turn debunking these very myths.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score

This is quite an ambivalent thing here and I'm not sure how to feel about it.
Yet again, it's really really awkward that Tim Scott is like the only Black conservative that has to come out and explain that Democrats are the racists and when I look at the GOP, there's 1 black senator and 2 black representatives in the House. If I were him, I'd feel really really really weird about being the Black guy who "debunks" claims of racism. If I were in his situation I'd think about if my platform has a representation of African Americans that is 10th of what is expected (3 vs around 33 based on demographics), that happens for a reason. I'd also think about how friggin awkward it is to be THE main debunker of myths, when if there weren't major issues, there would be other people who could take a turn debunking these very myths.
And the biggest mind bender of the evening.

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I’m sure during and post Trump there are Republicans in office who have near daily “This is not what I signed up for” conversations with themselves and it appears the party is nowhere near returning to whatever it was they signed up for.

I also heard he’s on the police reform committee and is singing pretty much the opposite song in those closed door meetings.

OP
P_X

P_X

Captain
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m sure during and post Trump there are Republicans in office who have near daily “This is not what I signed up for” conversations with themselves and it appears the party is nowhere near returning to whatever it was they signed up for.

I also heard he’s on the police reform committee and is singing pretty much the opposite song in those closed door meetings.
Opposite to what. Advocating for police reform, or claiming there is racism?

Chew Toy McCoy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
If that is true that takes us back to my issue with the GQP vs GOP: I wonder how some of these people deal with the cognitive dissonance.

I don't know when he was elected but it could have predated when the Republican party platform became almost entirely white victimhood. I'm not saying it wasn't the preferred party of white racists before that, but it was slightly less their main voting base.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't know when he was elected but it could have predated when the Republican party platform became almost entirely white victimhood. I'm not saying it wasn't the preferred party of white racists before that, but it was slightly less their main voting base.
He's not that old.

Top Bottom