Vaccine Booster

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We get our boosters this coming Tuesday in Virgina. My NYC doc said that I didn't have to wait till my next quarterly appointment in three weeks, and it's no hassle getting it since so many don't want any vaccine in our county down South.
I am now able to schedule mine as well but the dates are limited, I really want to do it on a Friday so I can have the weekend in case have the same side effects I did after my second does. Don't want to be working when feeling that bad, even though it's short lived.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Quick question. I just bit my lip, and my blood tasted exactly like copper. Does this mean I'm suffering from heavy metal poisoning brought about by a totalitarian vaccine regiment I was forced into against my will as a child, or is it something else?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Quick question. I just bit my lip, and my blood tasted exactly like copper. Does this mean I'm suffering from heavy metal poisoning brought about by a totalitarian vaccine regiment I was forced into against my will as a child, or is it something else?
According to Soccermom87234 in the scientifically based FB group FkYouandYourVaccines there is an herbal cocktail you can take, it does consist of some standard household chemicals but it's okay because you can buy it all over the counter.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
According to Soccermom87234 in the scientifically based FB group FkYouandYourVaccines there is an herbal cocktail you can take, it does consist of some standard household chemicals but it's okay because you can buy it all over the counter.

I'm perfectly fine with drinking Pine Sol because it has holistic, all natural ingredients.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with drinking Pine Sol because it has holistic, all natural ingredients.

Imma let the pine trees waft their fragrance from above, thank you very much...

Meanwhile as I have a little while to wait yet for my own booster, I favor a nice mixture of rice vinegar, soy sauce, a few drops of sesame oil plus a healthy dash of red pepper flake.... over the forbidden white rice, of course. And some green tea.

bunnspecial

Site Champ
Reaction score
My wife got hers on Monday(she's a nurse, and had her first shot in January).

She felt pretty crummy Tuesday, but was fine other than a sore arm Wednesday. Actually two sore arms since she got the flu shot at the same time and the person giving it insisted they had to be in separate arms.

BTW, my wife mentioned to me too-since there are so many injections being given now-that there is a proper location for IM injections. What she was taught in nursing school was to find the bottom of your shoulder joint, go two fingers down, and give the shot at the bottom of there. My COVID booster and flu, which BTW were right next to each other, were given in that general area. Both of hers were way up in the shoulder, and she thinks that's why both were so sore for a couple of days. Little side note, but it seems sloppy technique is kind of common now(I had a different vaccine back in August that was given way up in my shoulder, and yes it was sore for a couple of days).

A few others-my parents had boosters at the end of last week. My dad had COVID in December, and just like his first two shots, the 3rd knocked him for a loop and made him genuinely sick(fever and the works) for a few days. He's said he'll keep getting boosters as long as they think we need them, but he's not looking forward to having any more and hopes this is the end for a while.

Last one-my grandfather-in-law, who is fully vaccinated as of March or so but hasn't had a booster, was feeling bad first of the week, went in, and tested positive on a rapid screen. They said vaccinated individuals sometimes do test positive on rapid, but he was showing symptoms so they didn't send one off. He most certainly has it-he hasn't had much more than a mild cold, but has been grumpy that nothing, not even his evening beer or glass of wine, tastes right.

U

User.45

I'm eligible for the booster, but I'm holding off for for a few more weeks. I'd prefer to get a Moderna shot.
To me it all fell in line with the Flu shot, I'll wait for a Friday of a weekend without plans late October.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm eligible for the booster, but I'm holding off for for a few more weeks. I'd prefer to get a Moderna shot.
To me it all fell in line with the Flu shot, I'll wait for a Friday of a weekend without plans late October.
Were your first two Moderna also?

U

User.45

Were your first two Moderna also?
Pfizer. Not sure if mix-n-match will be allowed, but my wife got Moderna and AFAIK she's eligible for a pfizer booster too. Neither of us were too excited about the specifics. Our household's primary risk is the kids who are ineligible to get the shot.

U

User.45

Let’s hope they come through and approve it for the 5-12 category soon.
They will but my kids fall below that… they might become eligible, but that’s probably end of the year if we are lucky.

My concern is that ALL people i interact with are fully vaccinated. So a transient interaction in the hallway or a hike with friends will not give me breakthrough COVID (we are mandated to use a faceshield and a mask for patient interactions; the shield is supposed to prevent the mask from getting contaminated, so we don’t have to trash them between each patient interaction). What would be a much higher risk for us is the kids getting it in school, produce high viral copy numbers and bombard us for days. Now that’s the real stress test of immunity and pretty feasible.

So the booster would let’s say give me 15-20% additional efficacy. A toddler vaccine would eliminate the only major point of entry for COVID in my household.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Swollen ankles, lethargy (some days she can’t get out of bed), bouts of very high heart rate, stuff like that. She’s had to go to the hospital a few times due to the heart rate issue, and they’re talking about putting in a pacemaker for irregular heartbeat issues. She’s 50, but a couple years back she ran a marathon, so she was in good shape before covid hit. (When she got it, she had only minor symptoms, and she only discovered it was covid months later when they did some testing because of some of these other symptoms).

(Note: I am not a medical professional)

Some of those symptoms can be associated with things other than covid. I'm going for a booster too, once it's recommended for me. While it sometimes takes very long term studies to reveal potential problems with some vaccines, covid is bad enough that I prefer to minimize the risk of contracting or spreading it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Pfizer. Not sure if mix-n-match will be allowed, but my wife got Moderna and AFAIK she's eligible for a pfizer booster too. Neither of us were too excited about the specifics. Our household's primary risk is the kids who are ineligible to get the shot.
You called it.

U

User.45

You called it.

Yes it's logical, sorta like when you add your fingerprint to touch ID and do it from different angles. But the more variations the noisier the data and the USA has been somewhat rigid about this. Other countries started with mix-n-match in August. One of the big issues is that we still don't have a validated biomarker for COVID immunity, the regular antibodies only tell half of the story. If we had a good reliable biomarker, we wouldn't need vaccine mandates, just proof of immunity from the past X months. I suspect that's gonna be the way things will go. But this biomarker research is disappointigly slow.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Do you know when that will be available?
I got my Pfizer booster this morning and heard the nurses talking to other patients about it while I was in my 15 minute post-vaccine waiting period. They said they thought it was going to happen by tomorrow but weren't really certain, however, they also told people "if you want to put down that you are immunocompromised we'll give you Pfizer today" (they originally had Moderna), so there appears to be some exceptions, at least with Kaiser.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I got my Pfizer booster this morning and heard the nurses talking to other patients about it while I was in my 15 minute post-vaccine waiting period. They said they thought it was going to happen by tomorrow but weren't really certain, however, they also told people "if you want to put down that you are immunocompromised we'll give you Pfizer today" (they originally had Moderna), so there appears to be some exceptions, at least with Kaiser.

Yeah, I'm getting my Pfizer booster next week, but I know a few people that got Moderna so I was just curious when those would be available.

thanks

Top Bottom
1 2