Vaccine Booster

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I remember seeing a young man faint after getting vaccinated earlier this year. I'm guessing they're not seeing much like that with the third shot.

They did ask me about my reaction, and all it did to me was make me tired later on. That's probably how they're deciding whether to observe you.

No card notation this time either, come to think of it. It's in my app, so I've got proof if I need it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Moderna mix-n-match is approved today. Time for me to look at my calendar for a nice weekend I can spend in bed.
Maybe you'll get lucky and not have as severe of a reaction, the second shot laid me out for 24 hours but the booster did not, very mild in comparison. 🤷‍♂️

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I'll take it with the flu shot for a twofer.:) It's fine.
I accidentally pictured the “This is Fine“ meme reading this… That would be inappropriate to post here, so I’m going with this version instead:

d03

Good luck with your boosters! Doesn’t look like I will be eligible for one here in the foreseeable future.

U

User.45

I accidentally pictured the “This is Fine“ meme reading this… That would be inappropriate to post here, so I’m going with this version instead:

d03

Good luck with your boosters! Doesn’t look like I will be eligible for one here in the foreseeable future.
I always get low temp fevers and fatigue for a half day with even with the Flu shot. Not a big deal, I just time it so I don’t have to power thru it at work or when alone with the kids. The latter can get brutal. Anytime I try to take a nap they try to use me as a slide.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I got my booster yesterday around 345pm. So far just a sore arm. The only reaction I have had to any vaccine is a sore arm.

I got the flu shot a few weeks ago....just a sore arm too.

U

User.191

Got my booster Thursday at 11:15. And a flu shot as well (one in each arm).

Was fine in the afternoon. Shite nights sleep that night. Died at 11am Friday morning.

Rose again this morning after 11 hours sleep feeling right as right (aside from a slightly sore arm where I had the Covid booster).

Just three more weeks now until I can go out and lick me some door knobs again...

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Got my booster Thursday at 11:15. And a flu shot as well (one in each arm).

Was fine in the afternoon. Shite nights sleep that night. Died at 11am Friday morning.

Rose again this morning after 11 hours sleep feeling right as right (aside from a slightly sore arm where I had the Covid booster).

Just three more weeks now until I can go out and lick me some door knobs again...
It's the licking of the doorknobs that's important, for sure.

U

User.45

So it appears that my health system defaults to schedule you the same type of shot you got first time around. My wife got Moderna and I got pfizer and we can tell what you'd get scheduled for based on the locations in our system. Moderna boosters seem to be on backorder with hardly any availability until Dec. I could get Pfizer even tomorrow. Now I'll have to make calls so I can mix-n-match my moderna. My PCP is a resident (I chose it that way, I was a """PCP""" once, it's fun), I bet she'll be very much "entertained" by my special requests...:)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So it appears that my health system defaults to schedule you the same type of shot you got first time around. My wife got Moderna and I got pfizer and we can tell what you'd get scheduled for based on the locations in our system. Moderna boosters seem to be on backorder with hardly any availability until Dec. I could get Pfizer even tomorrow. Now I'll have to make calls so I can mix-n-match my moderna. My PCP is a resident (I chose it that way, I was a """PCP""" once, it's fun), I bet she'll be very much "entertained" by my special requests...:)
Is getting Pfizer really that bad? I got all three now and am wondering how much I should worry here.

U

User.45

Is getting Pfizer really that bad? I got all three now and am wondering how much I should worry here.
It's not bad at all. It takes you back to the initial efficacy rate. But conceptually it makes a lot more sense to get exposed to a different epitope (minimum unit of recognition on an antigenic molecule that can induce immunity).

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got the Moderna booster Sunday and my wife got the Pfizer booster Monday. Mother in Law (80+) living with us got Pfizer back when it was first offered. The Moderna booster hit me a lot harder than the Moderna shots did - with muscle pain only. I couldn’t lift my arm above my head and every muscle in my body ached like I worked them all to complete failure. But, no headache, no sick feeling, just severe muscle pain all over - just for 24 hours. Went away almost completely the day after next. It’s Thursday and the jab site is still slightly sore but I feel 100%.

Wife got Pfizer booster and doesn’t seem to have had any major side effects - other than sore arm (to this day) - I keep accidentally hitting it/forgetting it. Lol.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got mine today in NH. I had Moderna vaccines and I wrote on the form that I wanted Phizer. Then I get in the room and they already wrote Moderna on my vaccine card. I said fuck it and got Moderna again. Eh, better than nothing.

U

User.45

Got mine today in NH. I had Moderna vaccines and I wrote on the form that I wanted Phizer. Then I get in the room and they already wrote Moderna on my vaccine card. I said fuck it and got Moderna again. Eh, better than nothing.
Don't be disappointed. That's the best of all the vaccines (right now...)

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s literally produced on the site that I work at so I should probably put my money where my mouth is.
CVS near my house refused to give me the Pfizer booster and said I had to go to another CVS to get the Moderna booster, interestingly enough.

Top Bottom
1 2