Vaccine Booster

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
CVS near my house refused to give me the Pfizer booster and said I had to go to another CVS to get the Moderna booster, interestingly enough.
Weird. They didn’t seem to care here but I was at a Rite-Aid. I’d had 3 margaritas at lunch so I was also feeling flexible.

Reading my buzzed posts from yesterday I realize why I mentioned I got it in NH. Wondering how other states are putting out the booster info. They’re not being very proactive here. I don't fit into any special categories so I wasn’t sure if they’d give it to me. A random tweet gave me the impression it was possible.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Weird. They didn’t seem to care here but I was at a Rite-Aid. I’d had 3 margaritas at lunch so I was also feeling flexible.

Reading my buzzed posts from yesterday I realize why I mentioned I got it in NH. Wondering how other states are putting out the booster info. They’re not being very proactive here. I don't fit into any special categories so I wasn’t sure if they’d give it to me. A random tweet gave me the impression it was possible.
CVSs own site says it is ok to mix and match lol. It didnt bother me as the next cvs was only 1.2 miles away. Lol

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I got my Moderna booster yesterday at Walmart. I’m not in any eligible tier, but they didn’t ask any questions. There are numerous appointments, even same day, so I figured it would be okay for me to grab one. I have a wicked headache this morning and slight arm soreness. Hopefully it won’t last too long.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I got my Moderna booster yesterday at Walmart. I’m not in any eligible tier, but they didn’t ask any questions. There are numerous appointments, even same day, so I figured it would be okay for me to grab one. I have a wicked headache this morning and slight arm soreness. Hopefully it won’t last too long.
In California they've made it available to anyone who wants it now but before that my wife did the same thing here, just went in and they gave it to her anyway.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Of all my shots so far, this is the one that hit the hardest. I've already told the people I'm working with that I likely won't be returning after lunch today.

Plus I'm at something crazy like 44 PTO days. Since I max out at 52 days, and get 10.76 hours every 2 weeks, it's seems absolutely stupid to work when I'm not feeling 100%.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Of all my shots so far, this is the one that hit the hardest. I've already told the people I'm working with that I likely won't be returning after lunch today.

Plus I'm at something crazy like 44 PTO days. Since I max out at 52 days, and get 10.76 hours every 2 weeks, it's seems absolutely stupid to work when I'm not feeling 100%.
Agreed. No sense being at work if you're not feeling well. I have about the same number of vacation days as you. But we also get sick time, which would qualify for post-vaccination effects.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just got back from getting my booster shot. I would've posted about it earlier, but I wanted to finish my sandwich first.
Priorities.

My daughter got her booster today. My son can’t seem to get one scheduled in NY, so we told him to walk into any drugstore next week when we’re together in Florida.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Priorities.

My daughter got her booster today. My son can’t seem to get one scheduled in NY, so we told him to walk into any drugstore next week when we’re together in Florida.

One thing that's surprised me about the booster is how little it's effected me. Everyone who's received their 3rd shot has told me about how it was the one that knocked them on their ass. All I've had to contend with is the usual soreness in my arm, and it's not even as bad as it was after the previous shot.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
One thing that's surprised me about the booster is how little it's effected me. Everyone who's received their 3rd shot has told me about how it was the one that knocked them on their ass. All I've had to contend with is the usual soreness in my arm, and it's not even as bad as it was after the previous shot.
That’s all I got from the booster - a sore shoulder. Good for you!

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

I just had a sore arm for all 3 shots.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
As I've said before, and as supported by many posts here, responses to the vaccine doses are quite idiosyncratic. That's why it's wise to book your shot when you know you'll be able to take some down time if you experience fever, fatigue, and the like. But I'm happy for (and a bit jealous of) people who only complain of injection site soreness!

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Anecdotally, I’m not seeing a ton of enthusiasm for getting booster shots. I work on a team of 16 people, and I’m the only person who’s had it. One of the team is a 60 year old woman in bad health. Most of them are in their 20s and 30s. The ones I’ve spoken to about it respond like it’s news they can get one, but don’t seem interested.

Our employer gave it to us on site for the first two shots, which the whole team got, but haven’t offered a booster yet.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Anecdotally, I’m not seeing a ton of enthusiasm for getting booster shots. I work on a team of 16 people, and I’m the only person who’s had it. One of the team is a 60 year old woman in bad health. Most of them are in their 20s and 30s. The ones I’ve spoken to about it respond like it’s news they can get one, but don’t seem interested.

Our employer gave it to us on site for the first two shots, which the whole team got, but haven’t offered a booster yet.
It's starting to become bigger news now, they said some companies are already mandating it, I've also had a couple of friends who were on the fence but have now chosen to schedule them. I wonder if the holidays will play a role with more surges. 🤷‍♂️

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
All my eligible household got our boosters on Saturday. We all reacted on Sunday, and then Monday found that 3 folks at my wife's work have tested positive, with 2 showing symptoms. They've shut down except for a deep clean.

Top Bottom
1 2