COVID 19 Vaccine Booster

tobefirst

talking plastic toy
Site Donor
Reaction score
We're having a harder time here in CA, at least in the larger metro areas... most are at least a week out.
I drove three hours each way to get my first shot back in March before I was technically eligible and the metro area was sold out, but the rural areas had plenty because, well, you know. For my second shot and the booster, I was able to get it much closer.

Clix Pix

Focused
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
As soon as the Moderna vaccine had been approved for the booster and was available at my local pharmacy I immediately went over there and got the jab -- no appointment needed, no lineup of people waiting.....an advantage of being in the older cohort who was immediately eligible!

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Anecdotally, I’m not seeing a ton of enthusiasm for getting booster shots. I work on a team of 16 people, and I’m the only person who’s had it. One of the team is a 60 year old woman in bad health. Most of them are in their 20s and 30s. The ones I’ve spoken to about it respond like it’s news they can get one, but don’t seem interested.

Our employer gave it to us on site for the first two shots, which the whole team got, but haven’t offered a booster yet.

Since I'm in healthcare, it's a requirement. I'm not sure what happens if someone refuses the second booster. But given that at this point we've all had at least 2 shots, I wouldn't expect tons of pushback on the third. That would seem an odd point to take a stance. I know multiple on my team who have already gone in.

rdrr

Power User
Reaction score
Anyone get any arthritis flare ups? Its been three weeks since my booster and the very mild arthritis in my knees and right thumb have become very noticeable starting 3 days after my booster. I didn't have any such trouble after the first two shots of Pfizer, but I decided to get the Moderna booster and thats when my current issues starting happening.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Anyone get any arthritis flare ups? Its been three weeks since my booster and the very mild arthritis in my knees and right thumb have become very noticeable starting 3 days after my booster. I didn't have any such trouble after the first two shots of Pfizer, but I decided to get the Moderna booster and thats when my current issues starting happening.
All three of my COVID vaccines were Pfizer, I have pretty bad arthritis in my hands and haven't noticed any difference at all.

Top Bottom