Waiting for and/or enjoying my M1 Pro/Max MBP thread…

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Now they are deleting your posts on thermodynamics. Pathetic.

What seems to happen is that someone personally attacks me, and then tells me i am wrong because of incompressible fluids or the reynolds number or whatever. I reply, and edit out their personal attack and just respond to their technical stuff. The mods delete their attack post, but then delete all the following discussion that responded to it, even though none of the attack was copied into those posts.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
What seems to happen is that someone personally attacks me, and then tells me i am wrong because of incompressible fluids or the reynolds number or whatever. I reply, and edit out their personal attack and just respond to their technical stuff. The mods delete their attack post, but then delete all the following discussion that responded to it, even though none of the attack was copied into those posts.
That is a major problem with how they moderate. I would consider using the contact form to request that they replace your post. They allow one or two bad posters to ruin other people’s posts because the mods wipe everything instead of just the offending content.

They probably won’t give a shit though. They will just wipe a whole thread because they feel like it and tell you to go F yourself if you complain.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That is a major problem with how they moderate. I would consider using the contact form to request that they replace your post. They allow one or two bad posters to ruin other people’s posts because the mods wipe everything instead of just the offending content.

They probably won’t give a shit though. They will just wipe a whole thread because they feel like it and tell you to go F yourself if you complain.

I really don’t care enough. I try to do most of my posting here, not there. I post just enough so people see my signature and get curious and come over hee.

jbailey

Power User
Reaction score
I started reading and posting there last year mostly in the Apple Watch and iPad forums. Then I really upped the number of posts in the Apple Silicon (Arm) Macs forum with the upcoming Apple silicon macs on the horizon. That was after many years of ignoring the site (1 post in 2008, 2 in 2017, next Jan 2020).

The signal to noise on the ASi forum started out really good. Lots of knowledgeable posts and good speculation. But in the last year the value of that forum has fallen to near zero. Very sad that the moderation there is more about clicks than information. I guess that is just the modern internet though.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
There’s a thread over at the other place where some guy is complaining that Tj is 100C. I tried explaining what that means and why he shouldn‘t worry, but he has built his own PCs, so his expertise is superior.
That was a fun guy :D Must have some very tasty sand...

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
It's probably best if you don't directly quote those folks at all and just phrase a general comment like: "Those who question my point of xyz, let me add..." That way the usual quick and dirty mod jobs don't affect your posts that much. At least I hope....

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score
I tried changing my reference from using the word Troll to references like "individuals who appear to reside under bridges"....seemed to work ok.

U

User.45

I tried changing my reference from using the word Troll to references like "individuals who appear to reside under bridges"....seemed to work ok.
Hahaha. Nah, they'll just use it later on as an excuse for a permaban. I tested this too, by referring to the pupils of the Nordic Hillside Academy. Was used as justification to ban me from PRSI. That's OK though. If they penalize people who add actual content over trolls, then the culture they foster will be their long-term headache.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score

I would have gone with something like....

Trolling_drawing.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2