Waiting for and/or enjoying my M1 Pro/Max MBP thread…

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I haven’t had a chance for a full review of the 140W power brick, but I can confirm:

1) it comes in a box
2) it is white
3) it is rectangular - taller but narrower than the 90W charger
4) it has a USB-C port
5) it can power a 2016 15” MacBook Pro
6) it does not come with an extension cable, but you can remove the “duckbill” connector and replace with any old Apple power brick extension cable you have lying around

5A0062C0-C589-4E90-9B81-95E9B164DDC9.jpegE1B974AF-3F0D-48E9-B6BC-7AE2E0F14AE9.jpeg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well I haven’t had a chance for a full review of the 140W power brick, but I can confirm:

1) it comes in a box
2) it is white
4) it has a USB-C port
6) it does not come with an extension cable, but you can remove the “duckbill” connector and replace with any old Apple power brick extension cable you have lying around

View attachment 9699View attachment 9700
How does it smell?

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score

1) it comes in a box
2) it is white
4) it has a USB-C port

View attachment 9699View attachment 9700
That seems a bit minus a video where you pick it up, put it down. Describe how excited you are. Pick up again. Put down again. Flip hair. EXCITED. This is like, what? Two pictures and no hair flips? Sad.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That seems a bit minus a video where you pick it up, put it down. Describe how excited you are. Pick up again. Put down again. Flip hair. EXCITED. This is like, what? Two pictures and no hair flips? Sad.

I shave my own head so there’s no hair to flip. Sorry.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, fedex supposedly has it on the truck for delivery, despite the delivery date still “pending.”

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
stop posting about this

You know you want to hear more.

Transferring data from backup USB-C SSD at 300-500 MB/s, going to take a little over an hour before migration assistant finishes, looks like.

This screen is BIG, coming from my 15”. Feels like the old 17” MBP.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Status: hammering ”disk.” Simultaneously doing spotlight indexing, uploading to icloud (i assume that means synchronizing and not actually uploading), and a network Time Machine backup. Machine is plenty snappy - did an Xcode build of a rather large app and it was fast - even with all that going on. Very very slight fan whirl. Out of the box, it is letting my battery run down. Now at 83% from 100%. Charging ”on hold” because it says “rarely used on battery.” I assume it inherited that history from the old laptop.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can you spot which is the actual mac?

Attachments

• CD26C6D1-4B4C-4DCB-B112-466CB8D05B10.jpeg
    CD26C6D1-4B4C-4DCB-B112-466CB8D05B10.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Hey, when you've got it all set up and ready to go tomorrow, I'm gonna throw a big file your way to test out for me.

Prepare yourself. The sword of Damocles dangles.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey, when you've got it all set up and ready to go tomorrow, I'm gonna throw a big file your way to test out for me.

Prepare yourself. The sword of Damocles dangles.

Not a problem. This started a shuffle - my 2016 15” replaces the 15” from 2014 that I had been using for iTunes home sharing and printer sharing and network backups and such (that one has a giant bulging battery, so timing is good), but lots of setting up going on for the rest of the day or so :)

Also we presumably want to let all the indexing and backups and such to finish before we start benchmarking things.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Not a problem. This started a shuffle - my 2016 15” replaces the 15” from 2014 that I had been using for iTunes home sharing and printer sharing and network backups and such (that one has a giant bulging battery, so timing is good), but lots of setting up going on for the rest of the day or so :)

Also we presumably want to let all the indexing and backups and such to finish before we start benchmarking things.
Wow, only a day. I had a ton of documents that have multiple backups but that I never use, so I'm selectively copying data over, and it's still going on. I've switched to my new computer as my primary though.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, only a day. I had a ton of documents that have multiple backups but that I never use, so I'm selectively copying data over, and it's still going on. I've switched to my new computer as my primary though.

I guess we’ll see. iCloud is apparently making progress, though the progress bar doesn’t match the remaining file count. spotlight is beginning to find some things, so that’s progress. (Would be nice if it would copy over the indexes)

Top Bottom
1 2