Wanted - new sexetarys

U

User.191

1619484425416.jpeg

BTW Since when were WASPS Roman Catholics?

The author is apparently a convicted sex offender...

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
As much as I think this is a paper troll, there is a relevant futurama reference.

Blah. It's embedding it from the beginning. Relevant portion is at 1:40

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It also looks like he wrote at least 2 letters to the editor in that edition of whatever newspaper that is. Look above that letter and see the prior letter has the same name.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I'm also endlessly fascinated by the words used in such a context.

Pregnant, and confined to kitchen, (remember the depressingly predicatble Nazi three "ks"- kinder, kuchen, and kirche) is one thing, - and reminds me of the old joke (sometimes given voice by my mother - "if men could get pregnant, contraception and abortion would be sacraments"), when dreaming up retrogade dreams that confine and constrict and control and limit the lives of women, but "barefoot"?

What is it about shoes (for women, for people of colour, for slaves, for prisoners) that some men seem to find so threatening and feel the compulsive need to coerce and control?

Or deny dignity and/or mobility by witholding the right to wear shoes?

"Barefoot"?

That is a very revealing remark, very revealing of some really repellant attitudes towards women. (And my mother used to say that all rights depended on attitudes).

For, the links between (the right to wear) shoes and autonomy, independence, and above all, mobility, seem to me to be pretty striking.

Or, is it simply a case that one might be able to effect an escape from appalling circumstances and an intolerable life if one is properly shod, if one is able to wear shoes?

Shoes (sturdy shoes, comfortable shoes) give women the right of access to the public space, and facilitate their ability, capacity - and right - to mingle, mix, move around, navigate while in the public space.

Acess to the public space, the conditions under which one can access the public space, is - and are - something that may well be linked to the right to wear shoes, that is, shoes that allow for actual movement (unlike, for example, something such as stiletto high heels, which deliberately limit movement, or the Chinese practice of foot binding for upper class female children, which prevented movement entirely).

So, when a man calls for womne to be "barefoot", he obviously means much something more than denial of leather (or canvas, or whatever) coverings for one's feet, in order to protect them from the elements and to simultaneously facilitate walking.

He means a denial of dignity, of independence, of mobility. What he really means is a dream of coercion and control.

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
…It's not like letters to the editor warrant a high level of identity verification.
Well then we need to pass a law. We need to compare his signature to that on record, he’s going to need two forms of ID, and god forbid that someone gives him a bottle of water while he’s editorializing.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Well then we need to pass a law. We need to compare his signature to that on record, he’s going to need two forms of ID, and god forbid that someone gives him a bottle of water while he’s editorializing.

Many people appear to use pseudonyms when sending these. It's not implausible that a troll would pick one from the sex offender registry. In the case of voting, a double vote would be flagged.

Top Bottom
1 2