Watchdogs Say If Clarence Thomas Won't Resign, 'Congress Must Move to Impeach'

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Unlikely Republicans would let it happen but this is corruption at the highest level.

Calls for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to resign—or face impeachment proceedings—mounted late Thursday after text messages revealed that his wife urged former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to aggressively pursue efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.

The Washington Post and CBS News obtained dozens of texts that Ginni Thomas, a long-time far-right activist who attended the January 6 rally that preceded the Capitol assault, sent to Meadows in the wake of Trump's election loss, which she characterized as fraudulent while her husband was hearing election-related cases.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t think what is wife is up to is disqualifying for a her husband, but he should recuse himself from any matters related to the election.

Of course, he won’t.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I don’t think what is wife is up to is disqualifying for a her husband, but he should recuse himself from any matters related to the election.

Of course, he won’t.
There have been a number of issues in the past where Ginni's activities would have constituted a conflict of interest for which recusal would have been appropriate, but he considers his position and agenda too important. He seems to be above the law, and justices are particularly hard to unseat.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Of course, he won’t.
He repeatedly failed to recuse himself in cases involving her in the past.

He is not just an arsehole, he is the type of person who relishes being an arsehole.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Nothing will happen. Republicans never apologize or step down. And their fanbase supports it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Nothing will happen. Republicans never apologize or step down. And their fanbase supports it.
The fact that dems are looking at losing both houses in the midterms they would do well to pounce on this, at least to appeal to those in the middle.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Just saw this on the news-

I can hear the excuses now - “I didn’t know these things needed to be reported. I didn’t know solo flights on private jets, tuition, houses, RVs, low-interest loans and expensive excursions were considered gifts. And I didn’t know going to speak at a conservative political fundraising event put on by well-known political billionaire donors would be political activity”

F**** you Clarence Thomas, a self-righteous man who’s still benefiting from affirmative action it seems, just not the kind he wants to deny to others like him. The same kind he also benefited from earlier.

Now he’s just a rubber stamp for extremists. No wonder he’s usually the loan dissenter.

I’m trying to wrap my mind around why your stereotypical federal and state/local government worker ants who make lower and middle class livings can be terminated, fined or jailed for actions WAY less than this. All over the country in every state and county there are clerks, mayors, representatives, state senators, aldermen, etc who have been sent to jail for way less corruption.

Again, if this is not corruption, what is?

This isn’t your run of the mill politician either, this is a Supreme Court justice - an unelected judge with immense power and no term limits. So if Clarence Thomas defends his behavior, it’s because he stupid or corrupt. And we all know he isn’t stupid.

IMG_0696.jpeg
View attachment 26085

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally, this arrogant muppet is doing the right thing - probably begrudgingly.

Probably only because Eastman was his law clerk. Probably nothing to do with Ginni or the election aspects.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since the case IS Jan 6th related, I’d love to know if his wife supported the recusal or not.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Probably only because Eastman was his law clerk. Probably nothing to do with Ginni or the election aspects.

A rose by any other name, I’ll take his recusal for whatever lame reason he gives.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thomas should recuse himself from any case that involves the following

-corporations
-government
-the environment
-black people
-white people
-rich people
-poor people