Watchdogs Say If Clarence Thomas Won't Resign, 'Congress Must Move to Impeach'

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard an interview with an author who wrote a book on Clarence Thomas. Back when he switched from a Malcolm X black nationalist leftist to a Republican he still took some of those past beliefs with him. Among those is that black Americans will never progress or be given a fair shake and that racism is a feature of human nature, not a bug. You should just accept that. A general core belief of the right is that some people are just inherently better than others, not always race related. Often it’s based on wealth. (see: Donald Trump) He also thinks black people voting in the white man’s world is a waste of time and they should instead focus on being the best they can be in their second class community. I don’t know most of the catalog of his decisions but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of him supporting equal rights unless it was painfully obvious that he had no other choice, God knows he didn’t want to come to that conclusion.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Heard an interview with an author who wrote a book on Clarence Thomas. Back when he switched from a Malcolm X black nationalist leftist to a Republican he still took some of those past beliefs with him. Among those is that black Americans will never progress or be given a fair shake and that racism is a feature of human nature, not a bug. You should just accept that. A general core belief of the right is that some people are just inherently better than others, not always race related. Often it’s based on wealth. (see: Donald Trump) He also thinks black people voting in the white man’s world is a waste of time and they should instead focus on being the best they can be in their second class community. I don’t know most of the catalog of his decisions but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of him supporting equal rights unless it was painfully obvious that he had no other choice, God knows he didn’t want to come to that conclusion.

There should be a book called "Psychology of the Black Conservative". I'm not a big fan of stereotypes, but there seems to be a lot of common features among them. And when it comes to these stereotypes, they ascribe them to other black people, but not themselves, and they see their conservatism as a way of saying "these other lemmings just don't get it, but I'm different. I've seen the light."

No, not really, you're just someone who puts up with your own party's racism, and maybe you even peddle it for them yourself.

I could understand the case for the black conservative prior to Obama. They at least pretended to not be a racist party back then. They expressed their racism with winks, nods and political babble instead of expressing it with a bullhorn.

Now, let me be clear: I can understand (even if I don't agree with) the "Democrats just give people handouts and grovel for votes, that's not helping people". It at least sounds reasonable and makes sense.

The problem arises when the other party can't condemn white nationalism and bigotry, or outright racism. Not wanting to be a democrat makes perfect sense, its going to the alternative that doesn't. Unless you're an actual self-hating racist, then I guess it actually is quite sensible.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
No, not really, you're just someone who puts up with your own party's racism, and maybe you even peddle it for them yourself.

It is kind of a twist on conservative anecdotal bootstrapping. If I’ve just accepted racism and worked my way up then every black person should do the same thing and get the same result. No reason to ever change what worked for me.

Top Bottom
1 2