WatchOS 8

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Looks like it's mostly based around fitness updates, updating mine this morning but won't have use for a lot of these new features personally.

From MacRumors
Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 7.04.09 AM.png

Officially from Apple

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Looks like it's mostly based around fitness updates, updating mine this morning but won't have use for a lot of these new features personally.

From MacRumors
View attachment 8816
Officially from Apple
Yeah like the various rumors going around, it really seems like Apple couldn't deliver on their original intentions. So the focus seemed to shift heavily to fitness & the importance of the Apple watch with that.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I feel like these OS (and hardware) upgrades are mostly just to rope in people who have impulse buy control problems.

I use both Logic and Final Cut and couldn't tell you the last time either had a major new "number" upgrade, but both have added major free new features over the years that traditional thinking would say they should have labeled with a new number and all the fanfare involved.

Why they won't do the same thing for OS features, and considering they are free upgrades, tells me they have hardware selling insecurities. But this also might be a valid point. Maybe a majority of people's mentality for purchasing new hardware is linked to flashy software presentations.

At some point I feel like getting a new computer or cell phone should be about as exciting as getting a new water heater or dishwasher.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I feel like these OS (and hardware) upgrades are mostly just to rope in people who have impulse buy control problems.

I use both Logic and Final Cut and couldn't tell you the last time either had a major new "number" upgrade, but both have added major free new features over the years that traditional thinking would say they should have labeled with a new number and all the fanfare involved.

Why they won't do the same thing for OS features, and considering they are free upgrades, tells me they have hardware selling insecurities. But this also might be a valid point. Maybe a majority of people's mentality for purchasing new hardware is linked to flashy software presentations.

At some point I feel like getting a new computer or cell phone should be about as exciting as getting a new water heater or dishwasher.
I always look forward to the OS updates because most of the new bells and whistles will work with models from the last couple of years and they are free. However, I don't think either require "annual" updates and they've painted themselves into a corner with it. I would rather wait a few years for something that has a noticeable difference instead of a bunch of trivial and minor refreshes. I get it for the OS but not for the actual hardware.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I do like the new look. Everything seems bigger.
That's the plus-side for me. I should have gone with the larger watch last year. I really want the new AW simply for the larger screen. But can't justify getting a new one less than a year later.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You know what is __still__ missing from Apple Watch?

NOTES!

FFS Apple, as much emphasis as you put into Notes being a core feature, even making it a global notation system across apps with iOS15, you still don't do the obvious and make them available on your watch. I don't want to use a 3rd party app (especially now with iOS15), I don't to use Reminders, or some other apps that's not specifically designed for notes.

I need Notes.

Notes.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
Does anyone else constantly accidentally enter the "edit watch face" screen since they got rid of Force Touch? It is the thing I miss most going from my Series 3 to 6 earlier this year (though I believe they were essentially removing it from all watches so holding onto my 3 wouldn't have helped).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Does anyone else constantly accidentally enter the "edit watch face" screen since they got rid of Force Touch? It is the thing I miss most going from my Series 3 to 6 earlier this year (though I believe they were essentially removing it from all watches so holding onto my 3 wouldn't have helped).
Happens to me all the time.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I delete all but the watch face I use to stop it. my bind wife can accidentally do it too.

Top Bottom
1 2