WatchOS 8

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Huh.

I seem to have lost the ability to select a face color scheme, i.e., long press, edit, then the colors are shown on the right side, and usually I'd use the crown to scroll through the colors, but it's totally inert.

I can still set them through my iPhone/Watch app, and my crown is functional everywhere else[?]

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Huh.

I seem to have lost the ability to select a face color scheme, i.e., long press, edit, then the colors are shown on the right side, and usually I'd use the crown to scroll through the colors, but it's totally inert.

I can still set them through my iPhone/Watch app, and my crown is functional everywhere else[?]
Which face? I'm able to do it on my series 4 watch but have to swipe left after hitting the Edit button (there's a greyed out tab at the top).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Which face? I'm able to do it on my series 4 watch but have to swipe left after hitting the Edit button (there's a greyed out tab at the top).

None of them! The crown is just inert in the face edit function, including scrolling through complication selection, but it works in other apps, I'll reset it ...

Fixed :)

Still no notes though ... o_O

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
well the cycling detection thought I was riding a bike when I was on my standup scooter. low heart rate no leg movement but hey must be a bicycle :D

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Huh.

Same problem here. Thought I was crazy. Had to change colors from the iphone app.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Same problem here. Thought I was crazy. Had to change colors from the iphone app.

I know, I thought my hardware actually crapped out for a moment!

It did resolve with a shutdown/restart (see post #23).

I noticed when the scrolling wasn't working, there was no haptic feedback either, which - as you might expect - is also back with the scrolling working correctly. I wanted my multi-color infograph face back, odd UI choice I never noticed, it's not a specifically indicated as multi-color in the selector (phone or watch), it's just the black background option.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Y'all's comments are making me nervous to upgrade my watch. It works on a version 4 watch, right?
No problems with my Series 3, although I didn’t get much new with 8. Possibly an updated Home app and maybe a better timer UI, not certain.

Well, sure, there is that problem with my new phone failing to enable unlocking, not sure if it is a problem with 8, 13 or 15. Don’t think it‘s a 3 problem, too many others experience the same bug.

Edit: 13 apparently.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, watchOS 8 has improved things on my Series 6. My iPhone now unlocks my watch consistently, and unlocking the iPhone while wearing the watch and a mask is quite reliable.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
well the cycling detection thought I was riding a bike when I was on my standup scooter. low heart rate no leg movement but hey must be a bicycle :D

I guess the watch can only detect movement of your wrist and of your iPhone and it makes its guess from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess the watch can only detect movement of your wrist and of your iPhone and it makes its guess from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
according to apple it was your leg movement.but that wasn't to happening. plus normal heart rate should have been good enough not to trigger it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Up next: The Apple Ankle Monitor.
Only $699 for the 64 GB Standard Edition

MacRumors reacts
MediumSpiritedEft-max-1mb.gif

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Up next: The Apple Ankle Monitor.
its not too bad and now it actually pauses where it never used to pause when I manually recorded a ride. but I gave up using my watch to record rides it ate up batteries and was not that accurate. now its more accurate but my garmin bike computer and a chest strap do a better job audits easier. Plus in winter the watch is useless when you have a coat on. you have to manually hit start ride so thats impossible without hassle. who wants to stop to pull up your sleeve to start recording?

U

User.45

Ordered apple watch 7 for my wife and self... Not having very high expectations, but I think it could help push my exercise and keep me on schedule at work. We'll see. Any app/complication recommendations?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Ordered apple watch 7 for my wife and self... Not having very high expectations, but I think it could help push my exercise and keep me on schedule at work. We'll see. Any app/complication recommendations?
I was really interested in the pulse/ox function but after seeing how long it took to go into and run I figured I'll just stick with my $20 finger sensor and keep my Series 4.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

So first time you (or she) have owned an Apple Watch?

Top Bottom
1 2