Weather

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I just looked at the wind map in the weather app, then I zoomed out and saw this, several hundred miles away from me,

IMG_5160.jpeg

That should take care of the perpetual fog.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
All good with the offspring.

Since she has been in CA she has experienced a hurricane (not her first), an earthquake and now this.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
All good with the offspring.

Since she has been in CA she has experienced a hurricane (not her first), an earthquake and now this.
Plus she can't even park her car without getting it potentially getting broken into, what sort of hellscape is this poor girl living in? I'm surprised she's lasted this long.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Year 2 of a mild winter here in New England. Nov 2022 I decided to invest in a snowblower, and I dropped some significant money to make sure It was going to be easy for my wife to use as well.

Since that investment, I have had only 2 snow storms that I used the snowblower on. One of them was a stretch and just an excuse to feel better on the investment last winter. Not sure if it I am excited that it didn't dump multiple storms of 12 inches on us, or dismayed that I seemingly wasted all that money.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Year 2 of a mild winter here in New England. Nov 2022 I decided to invest in a snowblower, and I dropped some significant money to make sure It was going to be easy for my wife to use as well.

Since that investment, I have had only 2 snow storms that I used the snowblower on. One of them was a stretch and just an excuse to feel better on the investment last winter. Not sure if it I am excited that it didn't dump multiple storms of 12 inches on us, or dismayed that I seemingly wasted all that money.

Not a waste. Had a snowblower almost all of my adult life in WV. Some years it sat, some it got used quite a bit. Over 30 years I bought two. First one died at about 25 years, sold second one for $300. Total investment was about $1200/30 = $40 year. Well worth it for those times you so really need it.

Similar to a whole-house generator. Hate that it sits, but glad you have it when you need it.

Edit: You probably know this, but at the end of the season, start it and turn the fuel off and run the carb dry. A shot of fogging spray and it will be ready to go next year. Also make sure to use Stabil + Ethanol in your fuel.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We had a lot of 60MPH gusts. Lot of power outages all around.
I have friends in Daly City, HMB, Pacifica and San Jose still without power. Probably one of the biggest storms I've ever witnessed, winds were also over 60MPH in the north bay as well and we're lucky to have mostly underground power lines.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I have friends in Daly City, HMB, Pacifica and San Jose still without power. Probably one of the biggest storms I've ever witnessed, winds were also over 60MPH in the north bay as well and we're lucky to have mostly underground power lines.

So why did you send it to me? ;)

Wind and rain last night were out of hand and its not going to get any better. Winter storm warnings are everywhere above 6000 with 8-14in expected.

My daughter sent me a Tik-Tok of the water in the street in Westwood near her office. Lot's of water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2