Weather

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was born in Warren, near Youngstown. Haven't been back there since 2006 or something like that. Can't say I miss it. There's one aunt I'd like to see. The rest of the family is just fine where they are.
Meant to post here we had frickin snow last Sunday. In the middle of May. FFS 😩

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Meant to post here we had frickin snow last Sunday. In the middle of May. FFS 😩

Yep, same here plus some weird hail/snow mix not long ago. My thermostat is set to 54 for overnights and still kicks in during the wee hours because it's still getting down to freezing outside then. The end-April gas delivery is supposed to last through September! True spring is supposed to happen this week at last, I guess. Lows overnight in the mid 40s and low 50s sound like heaven. Meanwhile the season of winter debris cleanup and garden prep has been a seriously slow go; who wants to work towards setting out a garden when it's been rainy and 43 degrees in the daytime with a stiff northwest wind?!

Trying to reminid myself that I loathe the summer heat so I should be living it up during this lingering cold spring. Somehow that's not working.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I was born in Warren, near Youngstown. Haven't been back there since 2006 or something like that. Can't say I miss it. There's one aunt I'd like to see. The rest of the family is just fine where they are.
I spent some of my early years in East Liverpool, Ohio......then we lived in Illinois for a while, then back to East Liverpool again. When I went to college and grad school that was the end of my living there with my parents, and they eventually moved to Florida, so I have not been back to ELO for quite a number of years now. I definitely don't miss it! From what I understand the town has been ravaged by the opium crisis -- really sad.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We’ve actually had almost a full week with no rain. Blue skies, sunshine. It’s almost scary. I’m already worrying about the coming hurricane season.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
We’ve actually had almost a full week with no rain. Blue skies, sunshine. It’s almost scary. I’m already worrying about the coming hurricane season.
People are different. A friend of mine has traveled to the US more than once for tornado chasing safaris.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Day 24 of May. It still hasn't stopped raining. We had a very dry April (driest on record, I think) and then it started raining at the end of April and has basically been raining ever since. Looks like it will finally be warming up and this week with sunshine from tomorrow onwards.
Good lord! Sounds like here last month.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
To those lamenting about snow in off times of the year. July. Southwestern Ontario. No joke (the area, as global warming has continued, is very prone to tornadoes)

Was sunny, hot, typical July day (likely 22-27C) - then, suddenly got really cold and cloudy and we got about an inch of snow. Obviously, it didn't stay, but, still, freaky weird!!! :)

This was many moons ago...when I was in grade school...and didn't even know what global warming was....likely the 80's.

Top Bottom
1 2