Weather

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
On Tuesday I walked out the back door and thought I’d somehow gone right into the pool. That’s how bad the humidity was. Much better yesterday. We’ve been lucky and all the bad storms have gone north and right around us.

You know what the worst thing about humidity is? I mean, besides the SCORCHING HEAT? It's how you can take a shower, and realize how it'll probably be weeks until you're 100% dry again.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Sounds like it's been pretty bad down in the south. :cry:

Right now, I'm sitting here with a tornado fan blowing on me, and an AC unit in the window right next to me. That's the only reason why I'm still alive right now.

There was one year when the heat was actually worse than this. Think it was around summer 2015, I believe. The family fish fry happened on a day when it was a 103 out BEFORE the heat index. Humidity was around 97%.

No one enjoyed the fish that day. Hell, most people couldn't even manage to eat. It was the first time I'd ever describe hot weather as "oppressive."

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Basically, we're on of the 6th level of hell. It's just stupid hot. The cats are laying on our bed underneath a ceiling fan and they still pant.
The dogs have each found a cool spot on the tile, and spend most of the day with their bellies in the air.

I switched from the swamp cooler to the A/C system last week, and it made a huge difference, but it's just gross. Storms are coming, but so far it's only rained near the mountains.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yesterday:

B591A610-59EF-4C3A-89B0-F07E8F11973A.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I switched from the swamp cooler to the A/C system last week, and it made a huge difference, but it's just gross. Storms are coming, but so far it's only rained near the mountains.

You have both?

We had some neighbors who moved here from Colorado and they had never had A/C, just a swamp cooler. Didn't realize you could have or even might need both.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just a tad warm inside the car today...

View attachment 15199

Yeah, unexpected surprise when I walked out on my driveway and heard the car’s motors running to keep the interior at 100. I’m not used to that since it’s always garaged (which, of course, due to my busted garage door, is not a possibility today).

Keeping an eye on it because I don;’t want to run down the battery.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yeah, unexpected surprise when I walked out on my driveway and heard the car’s motors running to keep the interior at 100. I’m not used to that since it’s always garaged (which, of course, due to my busted garage door, is not a possibility today).

Keeping an eye on it because I don;’t want to run down the battery.

I do think it's great that they have a "Pet" feature to keep the interior cool when leaving a pet inside. Because people are going to do it anyway, might as well keep them safe.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I do think it's great that they have a "Pet" feature to keep the interior cool when leaving a pet inside. Because people are going to do it anyway, might as well keep them safe.
Aside from the pet feature you can just tell it what temperature you want and it'll dial it in within a minute or two, works really well. You can also set a threshold of how hot it must be to kick on, essentially a built in thermostat.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We have still had no more than 3 minutes of rain in the last month. It’s so weird being on this side of Mobile Bay!

My watch is still telling me it’s 99, but the thermometer hanging on the patio says it’s 103.

Top Bottom
1 2