Weather

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We've gotten snow in April before. Weather here be crazy.

It's April 1st and we've got snow here.
My son was born on April 9th. We brought him home from the hospital on April 13th (which would turn into his sister's birthday 4 years later). It snowed the day we brought him home. And that, children, is why I moved south.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Also got a few inches of snow here. Ugh.

Here too... enough so the plows came out three times. The highway crews were not laughing if that snow was an April Fool's Day joke. Most schools in our county were closed Thursday or had two-hour delay of start.

There's still a bit of snow drifted up alongside the foundations of the house even today on the north side. It started to melt Thursday but then set up in the cold snap overnight Thursday and Friday when it got down below 15ºF both nights.

No one was crazy enough to plow out their driveways though, the ground is not really frozen any more even though it seems like it right at the surface after a cold night. Anyone with just a stone and grass driveway had fun navigating snow turning to 4 inches of slush / mud.

Oh well. Easter Sunday is turning out to be sunny and the week promises to be milder even overnight, so maybe Spring is really here now!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We complained because it dropped below 50 overnight and took until noon to reach 70. I'm tired of this bipolar weather.

lizkat

Reaction score
We complained because it dropped below 50 overnight and took until noon to reach 70. I'm tired of this bipolar weather.

It's not your imagination. This is a clip of the March highs and lows for Binghamton, NY about 60 miles west and slightly south of here,

March 2021 rollercoaster temps.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
We’re looking at mid to high 70s temperatures for the entire week, with some sparse rain.

I wish I could ⌘-C, ⌘-V this weather all winter long.

Honestly I'd settle for that during the month of May... and any day like it now in April feels like a real gift. June gets more reliable for nice days.

lizkat

Reaction score
Back in the snow belt again for April 20 per forecast for nearby city.

This is gettin' ridiculous even for here in the Catskills.

back in the snow belt for apr 20.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Yep snow in the forecast for Wednesday. ❄️ This is ridiculous.

The snow potential's no big deal really, a couple inches will melt off fast, but the lingering low temperatures this late into April are a pain in the back for anyone trying to protect prematurely emerging perennial foliage that's less hardy than stuff like daylilies and forsythia.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
The snow potential's no big deal really, a couple inches will melt off fast, but the lingering low temperatures this late into April are a pain in the back for anyone trying to protect prematurely emerging perennial foliage that's less hardy than stuff like daylilies and forsythia.

It's only barely getting into the 70's here, and it just makes me so mad. I mean, it's spring, damnit! Be spring!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's only barely getting into the 70's here, and it just makes me so mad. I mean, it's spring, damnit! Be spring!
In the 80s in the central valley here in CA, typical for this time of year and the air conditioning is in full swing. I have a small fan pointed ay my HDMI hub near the back of my TV because it gets hot during these months and it's set to come up when my thermostat hits 75 degrees using a Smartthings automation, it came on for the first time this year, one of the first signs of summer in my house.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah it's supposed to be 60° by Friday lol. I'm more irritated by the temperatures too. It's supposed to be Spring! I also know some people who have some early plants sprouting that are basically going to get killed by this.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Ooh, there's an Apple event today? I finally have a reason to visit MR. :mrgreen:
Just be careful with the comment sections in case Apple highlights diversity. Showing the wrong people using or benefiting from Apple products is apparently shoving the BLM and/or LGBT agenda down your throat!

In other news: It’s been a lovely sunny spring day. Not sure about the temperature, didn’t look, but a t-shirt might have been an option during the day.

Sunset scheduled for 20:14. Apple Event at 19:00 with temperature forecast to be 13°C/55°F.

Top Bottom
1 2