Weather

D

Deleted member 199

We don’t have a rain gauge in the traditional sense... it’s just a case of how many meters horizontally the water reaches up the slightly sloping front yard... ~4 hours rain tonight resulted in about four meters, I’d guess it’s between 30 and 50cm deep at the low (ground) end...

D

Deleted member 199

Currently on 3rd day with rain. The lake in the front yard isn't getting any smaller (it didn't help that a fuckup by contractors working on the road meant the mains water pre-flooded it and thus the ground was saturated before it rained). I guess the wet season is here.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Currently on 3rd day with rain. The lake in the front yard isn't getting any smaller (it didn't help that a fuckup by contractors working on the road meant the mains water pre-flooded it and thus the ground was saturated before it rained). I guess the wet season is here.
Congrats on the lakefront property!

Over here the rain has stopped for now, clear skies since yesterday evening. 17°C/63°F outside, getting warmer again each day according to forecasts. Life is good.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Could really use some of your guys' rain here in CA, we are in a pretty severe drought right now and the fire season is in full swing (technically it's year round now). It's supposed to be 106 F tomorrow and it's still only May.

D

Deleted member 199

Congrats on the lakefront property!

Over here the rain has stopped for now, clear skies since yesterday evening. 17°C/63°F outside, getting warmer again each day according to forecasts. Life is good.
Well the other end of the property is a canal so we'll probably have a private island soon.

D

Deleted member 199

Could really use some of your guys' rain here in CA, we are in a pretty severe drought right now and the fire season is in full swing (technically it's year round now). It's supposed to be 106 F tomorrow and it's still only May.
We're expecting 38c (~100 f) later this week, and that doesn't really mean it isn't going to rain either.

1622295479996.png

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Couple days ago the region here saw temps in the 80s. Last night, the 30s.

Thank you CANADA.... get a grip already!

I guess last Monday was true Spring, then we leaped into Summer and back to Winter in three days.

The New Normal Is High or Low Take Yer Pick.jpg

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
So yesterday was a return of the rain, but it seems to have been just a day of it, as it's pretty nice out there today. Bit cooler but that's fine by me!

D

Deleted member 199

Still waiting for the impromptu pond formed in #341 to dissipate. It's back to just very muddy ground at the highest end, but the 'deep' end near the font fence is still pretty deep, and we're forecast for possible thunderstorms for the next 10 days.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
All I know is that I saw exactly one bolt of lightning last night. Hardly the storm that was predicted.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
That’s the Green New Deal. Or the Pride Month. Or the vaccine. Or something. Not enough coal or masculinity to power proper lightning.

I'll burn tires in my backyard to appease the Thunder Gods then!

FORGIVE US, OH LORDS OF THE TUMULTOUS SKIES, FOR OUR NEWFOUND RELIANCE UPON WUSSIE SOURCES OF ENERGY!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Here the TL;DR comes down to imma gonna get up by four a.m. for a one-hour attempt at skywatching...? :unsure:

From the forecast:
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog before 4am, then patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 66. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.

Top Bottom
1 2