Welcome new members!

U

User.45

I still don't trust all that smart home stuff. The last thing I'll want to deal with after a long day are my lights and appliances freaking out because the neighbor's nogoodnik kids guessed my wifi password.
"Guessed"?:D I hear you though... I've not had the patience to figure out how to secure this, but at this point I'll have to. It would be nice to understand if I can compartmentalize and separate my smart devices on their separate firewalled WIFI.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Please comment on the smart home stuff, LOL. We need more energy there.

I didn't even know smart vents were a thing! The smart home stuff is something I've been interested in, but I've yet to dip my toes in the water. It all feels so almost, but not quite ready to me.

My latest obsession is VR. Got an Oculus Quest 2 a month or so back. Figured it would an expensive toy collecting dust by now. I was 100% wrong. It's been amazing. I got to play a Doom level I'd built from scratch back in 1994. My mind was blown. Now I'm spending all my time figuring out how to make my own VR apps. I've been writing software for many years, but I can't recall the last time I've been so excited to learn and code.

U

User.45

I didn't even know smart vents were a thing! The smart home stuff is something I've been interested in, but I've yet to dip my toes in the water. It all feels so almost, but not quite ready to me.

My latest obsession is VR. Got an Oculus Quest 2 a month or so back. Figured it would an expensive toy collecting dust by now. I was 100% wrong. It's been amazing. I got to play a Doom level I'd built from scratch back in 1994. My mind was blown. Now I'm spending all my time figuring out how to make my own VR apps. I've been writing software for many years, but I can't recall the last time I've been so excited to learn and code.
I was an early adopter of Oculus. Had version #1 dev kit in 2013. I modded Skyrim for VR, and spent the rest of the day with a bucket next to me:D (turns out FOV setting matter a lot:D). I have a HTC Vive, love it but never have time to use it with the kids around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom
1 2