Welcome new members!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Make yourself feel at home, especially in the photography section; if you have any ideas or thoughts, or suggestions, do please, feel free to share them.
MR has a pretty robust forum around Photography, we're merely a new site trying to grow so it'll be nothing like that. But we're glad to grow that section as its my main hobby so the more the merrier.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well I'll certainly participate. What sort of photography do you like to do? I'm a bit of a jack of all trades!

Why not post your shot of the male lion with no mane - fascinating backstory - in the thread about animals that aren't pets?

And, as the photography section is its own section, feel free to start - or suggest - threads on areas of photography that are of interest to you.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Why not post your shot of the male lion with no mane - fascinating backstory - in the thread about animals that aren't pets?

And, as the photography section is its own section, feel free to start - or suggest - threads on areas of photography that are of interest to you.
I will see if I can find Ted! Thats well remembered!

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Same here, I dabble with different things but am mostly into landscapes, city photos and long exposures. How about you?
Used to be more Landscapes, but of late its been wildlife. You have some lovely shots there. I just don't get enough time to shoot with work and everything else.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Used to be more Landscapes, but of late its been wildlife. You have some lovely shots there. I just don't get enough time to shoot with work and everything else.
Thanks, I also really enjoy wildlife but my reach is still only 200 mm at max, I need to invest in longer glass to really get what I want at a decent quality.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I will see if I can find Ted! Thats well remembered!

And I liked your shot of York Minster (popped in to pay a visit to the POTD and liked Tewkesbury, too) while your shot - was it Barcelona? - of that cathedral was wonderful - why not share them?

Perhaps a thread about - or, featuring shots of - ancient cathedrals, or old buildings......

It might even persuade me to bestir myself and take a certain little Leica out for a stroll.....

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I also really enjoy wildlife but my reach is still only 200 mm at max, I need to invest in longer glass to really get what I want at a decent quality.
I have a cheaper Nikon 200-500mm which helps. Also a 2xTC on my 70-200 is a bit easier on the back.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
And I liked your shot of York Minster (popped in to pay a visit to the POTD and liked Tewkesbury, too) while your shot - was it Barcelona? - of that cathedral was wonderful - why not share them?

Perhaps a thread about - or, featuring shots of - ancient cathedrals, or old buildings......

It might even persuade me to bestir myself and take a certain little Leica out for a stroll.....
Well you should. Your poor camera is very neglected of late. Time to find some lovely Autumnal light and a roll or two.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I'm in! Thanks to Scepticalscribe for inviting me..... I was not sure that this would be the place for me, since I'm not really a political animal and it is not my passion, but after browsing through the site for a little while and seeing a lot of familiar face and kindred spirits, reading comments and thoughts at which I found myself nodding my head in agreement, I thought, "oh, yeah, this looks like a fun site to hang out!" and registered -- so here I am! :)

Most of you probably know me even though the avatar is not the same one that I use on MR -- that one I use there and only there; other forums at which I hang out I tend to swap around avatars from time to time, and with the exception of the MR one, they are usually from photos I've shot. I'll probably change this one in a day or so but wanted to get something up quickly and this, a recent image, fit the bill primarily because I figured it would fit nicely into the circular format.

For those who don't know me, I go by Clix Pix on the internet and I live in the Northern Virginia suburbs across the Potomac River and just a few miles from the scene of America's political day-to-day activities and presumed governmental functioning.....Our Nation's Capitol. I haven't been able to hit the "I Voted" badge yet because I haven't done it yet; early voting in my area just started today, so I'll be heading to the satellite polling place (local public library) either tomorrow or Friday. I figured today would probably be mobbed. I am a retired librarian and I love to read (naturally!), but my second greatest love is photography, so, yeah, you'll be seeing some of my images as time goes on. I shoot nearly every day and am actually in the process of doing a 52-Weeks project, meaning that each week I review the images I've shot, select the best or most interesting ones and each Sunday share them on another site where I hang out, Nikon Cafe. I'm actually a former Nikon shooter, but in November of 2019 switched completely to Sony. The folks at Nikon Cafe still love me anyway..... MR's POTD thread also sees most of my images a day or so after they've been shot. I expect I'll be bringing them here as well....

I've been around the Internet for a long time, as far back as the early BB days, Listservs, Email "Loops" and the "Wild West" environment known as Usenet. Through the years I have participated in various sites which had discussions of interest to me. I've been a mod on a couple, I've been in on the beginning of a new one like this (and isn't it fun, being part of something brand-new?!) and I've seen some come, shine for a while and then quietly fizzle out. Others have been enduring for years and years. It is very refreshing to see the open environment here and the willingness to have honest debates and discussions dealing with the issues and not the personalities, conversations which don't disintegrate into name-calling and snarkiness. Hopefully there will be very little need for moderation on this site but it looks like we've got a good team here!

I'm somewhat of a techie and love my Apple products -- typing this on a 2018 MBP -- and I've been using Macs since 2005. I enjoy talking about tech stuff: computers, cameras, lenses, you name it! I probably spend way too much time on the computer every day, as it is the first thing I turn on in the morning when I arise and the last thing I shut down at night prior to heading off to bed with whatever book I'm in the midst of reading. It connects me to a much vaster world than is actually physically around me, and I love learning about others' lives and cultures and environments as well as sharing my own.

Enough for now, I want to go read some more threads, see what wasn't visible to me when I was still merely a visitor..... LOL!

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm in! Thanks to Scepticalscribe for inviting me..... I was not sure that this would be the place for me, since I'm not really a political animal and it is not my passion, but after browsing through the site for a little while and seeing a lot of familiar face and kindred spirits, reading comments and thoughts at which I found myself nodding my head in agreement, I thought, "oh, yeah, this looks like a fun site to hang out!" and registered -- so here I am! :)

Most of you probably know me even though the avatar is not the same one that I use on MR -- that one I use there and only there; other forums at which I hang out I tend to swap around avatars from time to time, and with the exception of the MR one, they are usually from photos I've shot. I'll probably change this one in a day or so but wanted to get something up quickly and this, a recent image, fit the bill primarily because I figured it would fit nicely into the circular format.

For those who don't know me, I go by Clix Pix on the internet and I live in the Northern Virginia suburbs across the Potomac River and just a few miles from the scene of America's political day-to-day activities and presumed governmental functioning.....Our Nation's Capitol. I haven't been able to hit the "I Voted" badge yet because I haven't done it yet; early voting in my area just started today, so I'll be heading to the satellite polling place (local public library) either tomorrow or Friday. I figured today would probably be mobbed. I am a retired librarian and I love to read (naturally!), but my second greatest love is photography, so, yeah, you'll be seeing some of my images as time goes on. I shoot nearly every day and am actually in the process of doing a 52-Weeks project, meaning that each week I review the images I've shot, select the best or most interesting ones and each Sunday share them on another site where I hang out, Nikon Cafe. I'm actually a former Nikon shooter, but in November of 2019 switched completely to Sony. The folks at Nikon Cafe still love me anyway..... MR's POTD thread also sees most of my images a day or so after they've been shot. I expect I'll be bringing them here as well....

I've been around the Internet for a long time, as far back as the early BB days, Listservs, Email "Loops" and the "Wild West" environment known as Usenet. Through the years I have participated in various sites which had discussions of interest to me. I've been a mod on a couple, I've been in on the beginning of a new one like this (and isn't it fun, being part of something brand-new?!) and I've seen some come, shine for a while and then quietly fizzle out. Others have been enduring for years and years. It is very refreshing to see the open environment here and the willingness to have honest debates and discussions dealing with the issues and not the personalities, conversations which don't disintegrate into name-calling and snarkiness. Hopefully there will be very little need for moderation on this site but it looks like we've got a good team here!

I'm somewhat of a techie and love my Apple products -- typing this on a 2018 MBP -- and I've been using Macs since 2005. I enjoy talking about tech stuff: computers, cameras, lenses, you name it! I probably spend way too much time on the computer every day, as it is the first thing I turn on in the morning when I arise and the last thing I shut down at night prior to heading off to bed with whatever book I'm in the midst of reading. It connects me to a much vaster world than is actually physically around me, and I love learning about others' lives and cultures and environments as well as sharing my own.

Enough for now, I want to go read some more threads, see what wasn't visible to me when I was still merely a visitor..... LOL!
Hey Clix Pix, welcome to the site, it's nice to have another photography enthusiast here. Both you and Apple fanboy on the same day, really glad Scepticalscribe reached out to you guys. While we do discuss a lot of politics here I'm just as (if not more) interested in general chit chat on a variety of topics.

I've watched your posts over at MR and love your work, while I stay out of the political side of things over there for the most part the photography forum is the one place I enjoy lurking the most. We're still small but this is an area I would like to see us grow in so we're happy to have you share whatever you like.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks, Eric! That's what I realized when I looked around, that in spite of the site's name, there is a lot more being talked about than just politics, although certainly this extraordinary election year is one to talk about anyway! Simply mind-boggling.... General chit-chat on a variety of topics is how people get to know and like each other, and it adds an enjoyable, special and more personal element to any forum.

I've been taking pictures since I was about eight or nine years old with a Brownie Hawkeye, and never lost my love for photography. I really began getting more serious in my young adulthood and had various SLRs, but it wasn't until the early 90's that I had my first Nikon, and after that I was a "Nikon Girl" for many, many years until November 2019. I was ready for the change and I love my new gear but I will always have a special place in my heart for Nikon, too. As you'll have seen by my images shared at MR, I tend to be rather eclectic, but the two things I most love shooting are macros/closeups and wildlife (especially waterfowl). I haven't mastered shooting birds in flight yet, although I did finally nail one shot this past summer. It's just fun getting the camera out, putting a lens on and seeing what interesting images can be created....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
@Clix Pix: Wonderful to see you here, I'm delighted you felt you could join us, and please feel free to make yourself at home, not least in the photography section, where, thoughts, suggestions, and ideas will all be more than welcome.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score

I'm not into politics much either (especially when none of the choices appeal!). But glad you are here also. Not that we don't chat in the other place as well!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm not into politics much either (especially when none of the choices appeal!). But glad you are here also. Not that we don't chat in the other place as well!
It's certainly not a requirement, in fact we'll be changing the name to something a little more all inclusive soon. Politics will still be here, just in it's own section in the bigger picture.

Top Bottom
1 2