Welcome new members!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I am happy today that I have done my very necessary civic duty by voting and hoping to nudge the needle further towards the Democratic side rather than the Republican side.... And it has been rather nice to have been able to come here and describe the experience, including the direction in which I voted (straight D ticket all the way).....without worrying about someone clamping down on me for having inadvertently misspoken in any thread and without having to venture into the dreaded war zone of PRSI.

That said, I am definitely keeping dual citizenship because I have a long and somewhat sentimental connection to MR and cannot imagine ever severing myself totally from the place. I first began reading threads there to learn more about Macs, I joined to ask a couple of questions when I was "on the brink" of buying my first one. Not long after I realized that, hey, I was hooked on that site, not to mention now being madly in love with my new G5 Rev B iMac and subsequent Apple products which I bought not all that long afterward, I requested a name change from the one with which I had joined (thinking I'd only be around temporarily) to the one which is "me" on the internet.

Yes, there have been some changes through the years, and a lot of them are not positive ones. Especially after the iPhone arrived and many more participants on MR arrived, the entire tone of the place began to subtly and then not-so-subtly shift, undoubtedly more challenges were presented to the admins/mods team, and it has definitely gotten more problematic in the last several years. There are indeed people who are still participating as members who should've been banned a long time ago while others who had actually been members who offered genuine and thoughtful posts and threads to the site have....mysteriously or not so mysteriously disappeared, either voluntarily or involuntarily, and that is a real shame -- MR's loss.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am happy today that I have done my very necessary civic duty by voting and hoping to nudge the needle further towards the Democratic side rather than the Republican side.... And it has been rather nice to have been able to come here and describe the experience, including the direction in which I voted (straight D ticket all the way).....without worrying about someone clamping down on me for having inadvertently misspoken in any thread and without having to venture into the dreaded war zone of PRSI.

That said, I am definitely keeping dual citizenship because I have a long and somewhat sentimental connection to MR and cannot imagine ever severing myself totally from the place. I first began reading threads there to learn more about Macs, I joined to ask a couple of questions when I was "on the brink" of buying my first one. Not long after I realized that, hey, I was hooked on that site, not to mention now being madly in love with my new G5 Rev B iMac and subsequent Apple products which I bought not all that long afterward, I requested a name change from the one with which I had joined (thinking I'd only be around temporarily) to the one which is "me" on the internet.

Yes, there have been some changes through the years, and a lot of them are not positive ones. Especially after the iPhone arrived and many more participants on MR arrived, the entire tone of the place began to subtly and then not-so-subtly shift, undoubtedly more challenges were presented to the admins/mods team, and it has definitely gotten more problematic in the last several years. There are indeed people who are still participating as members who should've been banned a long time ago while others who had actually been members who offered genuine and thoughtful posts and threads to the site have....mysteriously or not so mysteriously disappeared, either voluntarily or involuntarily, and that is a real shame -- MR's loss.
Sorry. That was me. Joined just before the iPhone 4 launch....

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Many of us here are as well, I still really enjoy the non-PRSI forums quite a bit and as you can see in our private forum we have no shortage of conversation between members who frequent both. 😁

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Brilliant.

There are times when the act of voting goes beyond being a civic responsibility, and into something that in the fierce purity of its savage and intense joy, almost resembles almost a forbidden pleasure.

Besides, I'm very mindful of the fact that for most of history, most men and almost all women had no say whatsoever in choosing who got to govern them.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's certainly not a requirement, in fact we'll be changing the name to something a little more all inclusive soon. Politics will still be here, just in it's own section in the bigger picture.

I hope that after the election we’ll talk politics less and citizen Trump’s indictments more. In all seriousness though, politics has been exhausting. It will be great to focus on more uplifting and fun subjects!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Special welcome to @TiffanySmiffany who is a dear friend IRL. She is surrounded by “them” and came to be surrounded by “us.” Show her some love.
Sorry and...
Hey! I wish I had more time to write some fantastic story about an amazing existence but I'm a cube slave so ....
Thank you for having me!
Welcome! You're definitely among friends here. :)

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Fortunately, Virginia went "Blue" and much of that has to be due to my area of the state, Northern Virginia, which is an entirely different world from the rural part of this lovely commonwealth.....

Welcome, TiffanySmiffany, to a place where you can be free to be yourself and express your opinions, regardless of what they might be....

I'm Clix Pix, and a fairly new member here myself -- it has been very easy and pleasant making myself at home! I'm one of those who also has "dual citizenship," so to speak, as in addition, I am a member of MacRumors and also various other sites, mostly photography-related.

Top Bottom
1 2